Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 02:04 PM   #121  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Hey BECKstars!!!!

Bill ~ KUDOS for your food & gym OPs!!!! Your "dinner"... the pumpkin soup....? the one that's so "satisfying yet low calorie" .... does it taste anything like pumpkin pie? Cause that's like, my all-time FAV dessert!

Shepherdess ~ YAY for your "normal length run" outside!! I'm sure it was cold, but that just gets that metabolism pumping even more - yay you! (Do I dare mention we have 75 degrees here today?... )

Benny ~ I'm sorry your mom is driving you crazy! - my mom has that super-power as well! But I've found a couple glasses of "wine" helps me "whine" less! Hang in there!!

Nuxmaga ~ taking care of your health is a HUGE credit! It's not always just exercise & food intake....sometimes it's about rest, surgery, getting peace of mind, etc. So Good for YOU! (and I can't BELIEVE you left some chocolate chip pancakes on your plate! - you're my new hero!!!!)

CeeJay ~ TOTAL WOOTAGE for resisting "what everyone else had" at lunch & going with your planned salad!!! That had to feel really good!!!

ChinaMaine ~ CONGRATS for reading your cards AND for logging in your food, even tho you didn't quite stick to OP ... sometimes it's when I look back at my log-ins that I can REALLY see where I've gone wrong (or right!) You're doing great! Keep going!!!

AS FOR MYSELF.... I have been eating healthy and getting my exercise in MOST days. On good weather days (read: not pouring rain) I am outside walking the river trail during my lunch hour. While I truly enjoy that, on the days of bad weather, I haven't done anything... I could pop in a DVD & exercise to that, or ride my stationary bike or lift weights... but nope. I just sit on my chubby buttocks & read.

On the upside, I'm reading my cards more often, and that's helping me. I've also made a few new cards, to help me remember certain things BECK said.

I weighed in yesterday & was a pound UP. I'm fairly certain it's just water weight, but seeing a "plus" on the scale is never a fun thing.

Major holiday parties & stuff right now... went to dinner Saturday evening with DH's workmates... 80% of them YOUNG, SKINNY, and BEAUTIFUL. Ugh!-and they were snapping pictures all evening and OMG... is it JUST ME? Or do we ALL look fatter on other people's digital cameras?!?!?! I swear, I couldn't wait to get home...

We have a party this Thursday (retirement party) at lunch... LOTS of food. Then a holiday party Friday at lunch AND another one Friday evening (I think I'll skip the evening party!!!) ... I'm really going to have to be on my toes & watch that food intake. Always sooo many goodies, and soooo little stomach room! Wish me luck!

Remember y'all... EVERY DAY'S A NEW DAY!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 07:52 PM   #122  
Grateful Jr Member BECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
midlifecrisis57

And, in honor of your first month on 3FC,

How did you find out about Dr. Beck's books?

How did you find your way to this thread on 3FC?
Gosh, BillBlueEyes, you caught me by suprise! Thanks for the welcome again and for my first month!

I found out about Dr Beck via Cognitive Therapy research, so it was actually Judith's father that I 'discovered' first. Her Dad founded, or at least, codified the Cognitive Therapy approach that was suggested for my daughter's eating disorder, and then my own therapy for depression. Then I accidentally found the Diet Solution and ordered it online. After years of trying to discipline my own eating, I couldn't believe it: the preparatory steps. I "got it" immediately and have found it to be amazing. I love that it takes the focus off diet deprivation and onto awareness and self-nuturing.

How did I finally figure out how to use this thread to interact? SHEER LUCK I think, and persistence. I just kept trying things, but now I have learned to find my way back to this thread. A new one starts January 1st, right?

You guys are great, thanks for all the comments on my last post. Hugs and credits to each and every one of you. I'll keep checking in and speak up if I think I can add anything. Otherwise, assume credits from me to you anytime YOU post....kay?
Old 12-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #123  
Grateful Jr Member BECK

credits for fessing up, BennyH and BillBE! It is such a feat to acknowledge, confess and let go. But to repair: do I get the impression that there was some eating done standing up? Aren't we supposed to have some reminders to sit down?

Day 3: "Once I accept the fact that I have to eat everything sitting down, dieting became much easier. "

Am I the only one, who--in addition to looking over my advantages card every day, at 11am and 5pm--goes over my commitments to the Beck
Program at 11 and 5pm? With each commit, I include my strategies for remembering to do them when I don't 'feel' like it, or if I need to be 'reminded'. Maybe it's my age, but I don't trust my memory to do all the steps in the program (the first 14 days)! This saved my just tonight, before I popped something in my mouth walking away from the dinner table, I realized I wasn't sitting down, (NONO) so I put it in my pocket and carried it away to be eaten later. And 5 seconds later, when I sat down, I didn't want to eat it any more!

Oh that Judith Beck of ours!

Kudos for reading. Maybe would should recite the first 14 days by memory. Has anyone tried that !!! It would be a good memory test while we are waiting in fast food or buffet or grocery checkout lines, yes?
Old 12-15-2009, 09:15 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Hi Everyone

Nuxmaga- Tracking calories on a surgery day- Credit ++++++++

bennyhannahmama-hope all went well in court. You are doing great considering what is going on in your life.

BillBlueEyes- credit for food and gym. Hope the Christmas party was fun.

Shepherdess- good luck with keeping on schedule. I find the same as you, if I skip anything- result is off program eating later in the day. I love your idea about needing the chapter on dealing with difficult situations when you are not ready. How do you move on after not eating on plan? Maybe you are on to something here- that we need to take control of the decision to not eat on program and use it to learn.

Beach Patrol- credit for eating healthy, exercising and reading the cards more often. I am back on the exercise bike because it is too cold to walk, but I miss the fresh air and getting out. Totally hear you on the parties this time of year. Really hard. Good luck to you with them all.

midlifecrisis57-I had the same reaction to reading Beck- got it immediately and love her self nurturing approach. Been beating myself up about my weight for my entire life and that approach definitely has not got me anywhere.

So for me today:

-rode exercise bike in the morning. Credit.
-ate a healthy breakfast. Credit.
-Off program at the Christmas potluck lunch. I mean really off, just mindless eating of a bunch of junk. And I did not really taste it, I ate fast, I was not happy eating it and I felt gross, ill and sugared-up afterwards. I then had the thought driving home- well what the ****, today is blown, so maybe I just order pizza for dinner. And I am not the least bit hungry. Maybe I will just "give myself a break for the rest of today"....You know the drill.
Here is the good part- I started thinking about the huge excuse I was using (ate junk so eating more is OK for today) and that I needed to stop this right now. So I came home and:
-did my weights- credit
-rode my bike- credit
-posted here- credit
- and about to eat a late, light dinner of salad and soup and then pack up the healthy snacks and lunch for tomorrow.

Phew.

Have a good night everyone.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:59 PM   #125  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 149/128/123(next goal)

Height: 4'11"

Default Tuesday December 15th

Coaches/Buddies: It's official, I'm divorced! Today was too hectic and I was too anxious to worry about food much (although I guess that's a good sign in itself, because in the past, no matter how anxious/upset I was, food was always my go-to comfort thing.) I knew that once it was all over I would feel relief, but I wasn't sure if I also might feel lots of sadness, etc. But nope, thus far only relief! Since I was the plaintiff, I was the only one that had to be in court today with my attorney. Later in the day, my ex sent me a text asking if we're divorced. I told him that we are. He sent me another text with this: I didn't respond because #1, I'm not really feeling sad and #2 he should have thought of that 4 years ago when he started cheating on me and gave up on our marriage, etc. Anyhoo...

Weigh-In: yes -1 = 127
Response Cards: yes
Advantages Deck: yes
Check In Here: yes
Ate mindfully and slowly: yes
Tracked all my food: yes
Burned more than I consumed: yes

BillBlueEyes:
Nice recovery with getting food and gym back OP. Pumpkin soup, yum! Do you have the recipe for that? Thanks for your supportive words and thoughts.

Need to go now... more personals tomorrow.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:08 PM   #126  
Practicing Imperfection

Hi All,
Feeling a little rickety and slow-moving today. Did walk to dinner and did 5500+ steps for the day, credit. Tracked food, credit. Less calories than yesterday, yay!

Shepherdess--I liked what you said about breaking change into smaller parts and not having to do it perfectly from the start. I think Beck needs a chapter titled, "What to do if you don't do the program perfectly."
Old 12-16-2009, 05:36 AM   #127  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Wednesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Had a great time at the office party. Stuck with my plan just to accept that it was early dinner and ate within my personal range for celebration affairs. Had the innards of a calzone ( meat stuffed Italian pastry), some meatballs, and a huge salad; CREDIT moi. Skipped huge trays of stuffed pastas, various Italian dishes, many different kinds of pizza being baked on site, warm baked cookies, and the liquid calories of the adult type. Unfortunately the salad was pre-dressed and Parmesan drenched, but the important part for me was that I didn't feel out-of-control. I felt like I'd like to feel at such events for the rest of my life. One of the young turks was telling a war story from a successful project I ran some 15 years ago; it's good for the ego to hear the glories of one's past.

Did a walk in the dark after I got home; CREDIT moi. Unseasonably warmer again. Two people were out walking in shorts - but that seemed like a statement more than a true comfort level.

Kim (bennyhannamama) - Yay for the divorce finally official. Neat that you didn't turn to food during a time of strong emotions; Kudos. I'll get the pumpkin soup recipe from DW; I do know that it cheats by starting with a can of pumpkin.

Margaret (Nuxmaga) - Ouch for "rickety." Do grant your body some time to heal. Neat that you walked to dinner.

Beach Patrol - Kudos for continuing to walk the river trail during your lunch - just the name makes it sound fun. You're facing a bunch of parties and celebrations; good luck with them. And Yep, the pumpkin soup tasted similar to pumpkin pie except there was cumin and chicken broth instead of sugar and nutmeg, LOL.

Shepherdess - Yay for Australian Shepherd's!!! When we got our (late) Aussie twenty years ago, she spent her first few months herding us into a smaller group, LOL. Loved that dog, a Tri-color. Would love to own a Red Merle some day. Kudos for doing the scheduled eating to help keep your solo eating under control.

CeeJay - Interesting that you note that when eating a bunch of junk food you didn't really taste it. BTDT. It always bugs me that I didn't put on weight with caviar and fine dinning but from overeating cookies, crackers, ordinary cheese, and vending machine candy bars. Wonder if it would be a deterrent if our faces showed what we'd eaten as a public record, LOL. Yep you deserve HUGE Kudos for getting your act together after the party. Good catch there.

midlifecrisis57 - That's a great Beck story of catching yourself popping something into your mouth as you left the table; and an even better ending when you later decided not to eat it. Kudos for some fine work. And Kudos for reading your Beck cards twice each day - I get them once. Yep, sitting is the only way to go. At my stand-up Christmas party last week I had to grant myself an exception; didn't have the nerve to sit on the floor, LOL.

And Yep, you've figured out the scheme around here. There will be a new thread started on January 1st (hopefully it'll say 2010, LOL) and the last post in this thread will contain a link to it so you don't have to go searching.

Readers -
Quote:
day 13
Overcome Cravings

If you've successfully dieted in the past, you probably remember how wonderful it feels when you stop feeling intense cravings. To weaken the intensity and reduce the frequency of cravings, however, you have to stop giving in to them. People who struggle with dieting usually find that they don't limit themselves to just a small taste of the food they crave; even though they try to eat just a little, they end up eating a lot. Have you also found that cravings don't usually go away by trying to satisfy them with just a taste?

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 127.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:03 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 137/137/125

Height: 5'3"

It was warm, sunny and gorgeous out yesterday. I had to do some work in town and so I packed my running gear and took the opportunity to run on some nice paths we have along the river. I was looking forward to the change of scenery, but I was having second thoughts when the wind was rocking my car. I headed out anyways. It’s just like anything else, getting started is the hardest part, but once you’re out, you feel so much better. The dogs enjoyed the change of scenery as well.

Eating has continued to be on track without any hitches—those easy days are so far between, but so very sweet! I also had my first non-spouse weight loss compliment yesterday. I ran into one of my MIL’s friends that I don’t see very often and she asked me if I’ve lost weight. It was just nice to have someone notice. I’m noticing a big difference, but I wasn’t sure if it was noticeable to others yet.

Beach Patrol, good for you for exercising most days. Just think of it this way, you have found a form of exercise that you really enjoy and that’s a big success. Now your next task is to find another form of exercise you really enjoy when Plan A doesn’t work out. It all just takes time, but you’ll get there. So sorry to hear that you’re around people that make you feel bad about yourself. I understand this only too well. If I had any great advice I would share it, but I can only offer a sympathetic ear.

Midlifecrisis57, yay for sheer luck and persistence. I liked your idea of going over strategies to help you remember. I think it’s something that might be helpful for me as well. (I don’t have age as an excuse. I’m just forgetful.) What kind of strategies do you use? Kudos for avoiding popping something in your mouth mindfully. That Beck knows what she’s doing.

CeeJay, those holiday parties are such a minefield. Huge kudos for getting right back on track. I think that is so important. I’m thinking back on past diets when I have let one mistake convince me that this is never going to work. So yay for moving on!

Bennyhannamamma, huge kudos for doing so well even on such tough day. I’m glad to hear that finalizing your divorce has brought relief. You can turn the page on a difficult chapter in your past and move on. You have such a great attitude.

Nuxmaga, I’m impressed that you’re getting your steps in even while feeling slow and rickety! Kudos for few calories than yesterday. LOL at your idea of the chapter, "What to do if you don't do the program perfectly."

BillBE, wow, another office party success, I am so impressed. Once again, I’m totally inspired by your ability to stay in control. When you leave the pastry of a calzone, does anyone notice? I’m always a bit too self-conscious to do something like that. Although I suppose it’s exactly the same as leaving the steak on my plate. I’m self-conscious about that as well, but eating the steak would be unthinkable.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:28 PM   #129  
Practicing Imperfection

Hi All,
Tracked my food, credit. Walked 7700+ steps, credit. Left some rice on my plate at lunch, credit, and ordered a dish with lots of veggies, credit(and it was really tasty curry too!) Measured out potato chips with my dinner, and put the rest of the bag in the cupboard, credit! This is my first potato chip encounter since the screaming dill pickle episode. I need a plan for Saturday--it's my craft guild holiday party, and my past history is to keep nibbling way past reason.

bennyhannamama--glad to hear you felt some relief after finalization of the divorce, and that you didn't respond to your ex's text--it's like Beck's mantra to say that free food is "not about me"--he's not about you, and you can choose to keep moving!
Old 12-16-2009, 10:43 PM   #130  
I deserve to feel good!

Default Wednesday December 16th

Coaches/Buddies: So many thoughts, so little time! Need to get to bed, so I'm going to keep it brief.

Weigh-In: yes -.5= 126.5
Response Cards: yes
Advantages Deck: yes
Check in here: yes
Ate slowly and mindfully: yes

I also avoided chocolate tempting me all day at work. Made the mistake of opening the box and looking inside (which made it that much harder), but I stayed away!

Need to go get some sleep so I can resist that same box of chocolate tomorrow
Old 12-17-2009, 05:45 AM   #131  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Thursday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Made a new bottle of balsamic vinaigrette; CREDIT moi since it's my most favorite salad dressing and very low in calories. Just happened to note the price of the balsamic vinegar and figured that my homemade costs more than the store brand that I like. Not that salad dressing is a major cost item in my life, but it's unintuitive to me that it cost more to make it. I have four different kinds of balsamic vinegar and I'd stumbled into the better stuff. Good eating this week, LOL.

Gym and Food, OP and OP; CREDITs moi. Saw a BIG guy tugging his trainer with a thick two inch rope. Thought it was an odd use of an expensive trainer. My notion is that a trainer should be correcting form and suggesting appropriate exercises. Spent my one minute after lifting dumbbells sorting the jumbled dumbbell rack - it amuses my mind to sort in the minimum moves, cons me into picking up the heavier ones, and distracts me from thinking why I shouldn't do squats. The gym management has installed a second sign begging people to re-rack their weights. I've watched: If the rack is mostly sorted, people re-rack properly; if less sorted, people re-rack randomly. There's some grand principle being demonstrated there for me to ponder next visit.

Kim (bennyhannamama) - Yay for dancing broccoli. Looking at chocolate that you don't want to eat is so unhelpful - and so exactly what I would have done. Good to be reminded that visual contact is a good way to wake up desire.

Per your request, Pumpkin Soup:
  • 1/2 cup onion, sliced
  • 3 Tbsp margarine
  • 2 cups pumpkin - we use one can
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1 small tomato
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • pepper
  • 1 cup light cream - we use 2% milk
  • 1 tsp curry powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
Saute onion in butter, add all other ingredients except cream. Simmer 15 minutes. cool slightly and blend until smooth. Return to kettle; add cream and heat through. Garnish with cut up onion. (We add cilantro, also.) Says it serves 6, but DW and I split it for dinner.

Margaret (Nuxmaga) - Neat to measure your chips and return the bag to the cupboard before you start eating. That would work for me. Back when I was eating cashews in large quantity the only way I would stop was to take one more handful, return the bag, and then go elsewhere to eat them. I wouldn't have gained so much weight if I did that with the first handful, LOL.

Shepherdess - Yay for someone noticing your loss. Kudos for planning your run in a new location to keep the dogs amused. Re people noticing leaving my calzone crust: it doesn't bother me - possibly just because I'm older - I did wonder about that when I first started my journey but no one ever seemed to care.

Readers -
Quote:
day 13
Overcome Cravings

Waiting out a craving increases your ability to tolerate cravings and also increases your confidence that you can do so. The more often you wait out your cravings, the less intense and less frequent they'll be in the future. Eventually you'll experience a craving, and, instead of feeling bad, you'll feel good. You'll spontaneously say to yourself, This is great ... I'm feeling a craving, but I know I can tolerate it and it'll go away ... It's great that I'm tolerating it! Instead of feeling deprived, you'll feel good - proud, strong, confident, in control. Dieting will get so much easier.

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 127.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 12-18-2009 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 12-17-2009, 11:31 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 137/137/125

Height: 5'3"

Yesterday was a great day. It was windy again, which usually makes me have second thoughts about going for a run, but I was feeling energetic. I was excited to get out the door in spite of the winds. Wednesdays are my day for a hard effort and it just felt good to run hard since I haven’t done it in a while.

I stayed on track with food. DH got back yesterday evening and I had a very fun but healthy dinner planned for his return. On the plus side, my scale was finally unstuck after nearly two weeks when my weight went up slightly and stayed there. I was just reminding myself that even though I was not perfect, I was fairly close to staying on plan and those imperfections did not add up to the increased weight I saw on the scale. But over the last few days, the scale readings have consistently dropped by ½ to 1 lb a day and the scale reading is now what I would expect. The whole experience was a good reminder that the scale reading can be fickle and I can’t live and die by the scale reading each day. It’s the long-term trends that matter. It’s just so gratifying, and so much easier to stay on plan, when the scale reflects all the hard work I’ve put in.

Nuxmaga, the veggie curry sounds awesome. Kudos for finding a tasty and healthy dish and for leaving rice on your plate. Yay for measuring out an individual portion of potato chips. Good luck planning for your holiday party and I hope you are feeling a little better each day.

Bennyhannamamma, more dancing broccoli. You’re on a roll. Great job resisting the box of chocolates, and even after making eye contact, and way to give yourself the rest you need so that resistance muscle stays strong.

Beach Patrol, good for you for exercising most days. Just think of it this way, you have found a form of exercise that you really enjoy and that’s a big success. Now your next task is to find another form of exercise you really enjoy when Plan A doesn’t work out. It all just takes time, but you’ll get there. So sorry to hear that you’re around people that make you feel bad about yourself. I understand this only too well. If I had any great advice I would share it, but I can only offer a sympathetic ear.

BillBE, thanks for the pumpkin soup recipe. It sounds great. It’s interesting that making your own salad dressing costs more than store bought. I try to make most of my own salad dressings partly because I enjoy making them, but I’ve also always assumed that I was saving money. Oh well, I still like my homemade stuff. LOL at organizing the weight rack to distract yourself from avoiding squats. You get credit for getting in your workout and bonus credit for keeping the gym orderly.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:20 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Default Thursday, December 17, 2009 - Catching up on your posts!

Coaches/Buddies, YIKES! I haven’t posted for ten days! On are GIANT positive note, I started working with my personal trainer today with an assessment. My cardiovascular fitness was rated as “poor”, which I wasn’t surprised at, but saddened by nonetheless. Who knows why. It’s not like I’ve ever been in shape since I was about three years old. As far as eating, when I’ve been doing well, I’ve been doing well. When I’ve not been, I’ve really not been… I have managed to completely catch up/stay current on my food log. And now, after two hours of reading posts I was behind on, I am caught up on 3FC as well. Tomorrow I will do the not eating during the day exercise. Wish me luck. I’m not a meal skipper.

Today’s Essentials:
Weigh-in: -0.5 lbs.
Read Advantage Cards two times: I’ve been rushed in reading these and need to stop skimming them!
Read Response Cards at least two times: I’ve been rushed in reading these and need to stop skimming them!
Ate slowly, sitting down, noticing every bite: ate all meals in last 2 days sitting, but not necessarily paying good attention to every bite.
Gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful eating behaviors: not really
Did spontaneous exercise: not really
Did planned exercise: YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
Wrote out food plan for tomorrow: I plan to tonight.
Tracked today’s food: yes.

BeachPatrol, I loved your sugar overload story. What a memorable moment for you! Cool observations about your changing hunger level. Also cool to know how other people are tracking progress. Thanks for sharing. I also liked your observations about hunger levels not going about 7. I wonder if for me it is an attention thing – like in retrospect I would have said I was at a 9, but in the moment when I make myself quiet and listen to the hunger it is much lower. I also like your -1 concept, because I agree, otherwise all zeros are not equal. Best of luck at all of your remaining holiday parties.

BennyHannahMama, I’m really glad to hear about your consistency and success. I wish I could say the same! Great job on handling the Mom-stress with volleyball, but I feel bad for you that the weekend went so poorly. What is a meetup group? I’m so glad you are posting even if you are struggling. I can really empathize with the difficulty of trying to change your eating habits while being around Mom. You can do it though. You posted on here on Monday to get right back on track. I don’t have kids, but by taking care of yourself now, you are probably doing their eating habits a ton of good by setting a good example. Even though she was driving you crazy, at least her presence did keep your mind off of the stress of court. Cheating husbands suck. I am glad you are done with that chapter of your life. Also, I’m glad to not hear that you pushed your mother out of the car while it was still rolling at the airport…

BillBlueEyes, congratulations on yet another triumph over the opportunity to overeat. Thanks for the virtual chicken soup. Mashed turnips sound nice. I haven’t had those in a long time. I bow to the great Bill-pillar to your greatness in handling parties. I loved this:
Quote:
That got my head in the right place to remember that I wasn't a victim of the offered food.
Any chance you’d be willing to share your Excel spreadsheets?
I really liked this too:
Quote:
Meg's notion that we are all maintainers after the first pound.
That is really poignant. Just curious, but what do you use the protein powder for?
Bummer about the free samples and the blob day. Hope you get back on track to reclaim your “blob-free-form”. In regards to the tree height, I’m with you. Just get her a step stool this year to use for next year! Oh, and congratulations on another successful maintenance month. Your dumbbell story was really funny.
Quote:
it amuses my mind to sort in the minimum moves, cons me into picking us the heavier ones, and distracts me from thinking why I shouldn't do squats.
I laugh, because I understand...

CeeJay, glad to see your post. I hope that your schedule calms down some.
Quote:
It is so hard for me to get past the feeling that there are certain times overeating unhealthy food is OK- parties, restaurants, hotel stays, vacations, birthdays, Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving.... You get the drift eh?
I totally do! That has been happening a lot to me in the last week. Great job for catching yourself in a slide and meeting it with being on plan 100%. That is fantastic. Way to go with almost reaching -15 lbs. That is also terrific. Your repeated successful recovers is really inspiring to me. I love your attitude that if you’ve screwed up one day you can chose to stop screwing up that same day.

ChinaMaine, Yea to you for finding your old response cards. I hope you begin to feel more energetic. It is a tough time of year for that. Yea for cheery music and getting rest when you need it. I so wish I had a piano! (Especially when I know my mother’s is just collecting construction dust in her basement!) I hate brain fog. It makes it so hard to be productive. Your project for your son sounds great. What a treat to do a National Park a year. I’ll have to file that one away for the future.

GardenerJoy, missing your posts and thinking about you and your family. Hope you are taking care of yourself!

KidsLibraryLady, I am wishing you two meals of being able to sit and eat undisturbed in the next 4 days.

Maryblu, bummer to hear it is too cold to get to dancing with the band. Glad you made it with the Blues Channel.

midlifecrisis57, nice to “meet” you. Good luck with your Beck journey. It has to be tough when your daughter has eating issues as well. My mother-in-law, in her late fifties, was diagnosed with anorexia last Christmas. It really can turn everyone upsidedown. My poor husband is still saying “How could I not have known this whole time?”. All I can do is try to reassure him that I am sure she was doing her best to hide it from him all this time. Great job on stopping yourself from eating while standing.

Nuxmaga, great job on tossing the extra chips. Hope your mouth is feeling better after the “screaming dill pickle” chips. I am really happy that your surgery went well. Also, good luck on your remapping of neural pathways!

Onebyone, congratulations on getting to the 260s! How are the swims going?

PrarieChick, hope your bronchitis is better. Great job for dropping the Christmas hint about the jump rope. I’m really glad that your doctor was helpful and that the medication helped as well.

RobinW, hope you're doing OK. Drop in soon, will you?

Ruthxxx, I’m looking forward to the book club! Can’t comprehend the baking! Hats off to you for being able to handle it.

Shepherdess, you may have a wool bias here, but I thought you’d be a good one to ask about this. I recently bought new ski boots and when I did, the sales person also gave me a “free” pair of synthetic socks that he said would be better than the ones I had on for the purposes of moisture wicking. Interestingly, he said I should not wear the synthetic liners I had or the socks I wore to the store, which I thought were wool. Does wool not dry out well? I’ve plenty of Smart Wool socks that I love for day to day, but thought I’d get some other input.
Great job increasing your jumping rope routine. I’m curious if you jump on concrete or on a different surface. Congratulations on dumping the cake. I’ve yet to try that yet.
You sound like a hearty woman, dealing with frozen pipes and leaking pipes on your own. Great job for turning to the weight workout instead of ringing up Ben and Jerry!
Your techniques from the eating disorders workbook sound great and I will have to incorporate them in the future.
What a cool mental picture of you running with your dogs riverside. Hugs for getting noticed for your weight loss and for your scale getting with the program and becoming unstuck.

Wndranne, glad to hear you are taking care of yourself by going to the doctor. I hope things turn out well with your tests and that your energy returns soon. In the meantime, CREDIT to you for continuing to exercise in the face of exhaustion. Also, I hope your parents’ visit goes well.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:08 PM   #134  
Practicing Imperfection

Hi All,
Tracked food, credit. Under calorie goal, credit! 2300+ steps, credit, although really I'm grudging in giving myself credit since it's a pretty low number. Sigh. Tomorrow I plan to walk at lunch--it's been awhile. Measured out potato chips again, and didn't snarf the rest of the bag even though I was tempted, credit. Made dinner for myself when dh was out rather than getting some unhealthy take-out, credit. Well, I should go to bed.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:44 PM   #135  
I deserve to feel good!

Default Thursday December 17th

Coaches/Buddies: A bit frustrated with myself. Going to bed later than I'd like, doing this later than I'd like, etc.

Here's a quick update...

Weigh-In: yes +/- 0= 126.5
Read Response Cards: no
Read Advantages Cards: no
Checked in Here: yes

There are SO many comments/posts I want to reply to. I'm hoping I will find the time tomorrow!

G'nite.
Closed Thread