Friends and Losers - Nov 9 - 15

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good Monday Morning ALL!!!

I am doing pretty well on the weight front. I have made an effort to limit what I am eating and I am making an effort to get up and do something on the weekends. Which has a made a slight difference on the scale.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I truely enjoyed the SUNSHINE and warm weather. I am so tired of all the rain, but guess what, IDA is on its way.

Heres to a great week of WL for everyone. I am going to be on travel most of the week and will just have to give it my best shot. We will see how that goes.
  • Hi everyone -

Well, I am hoping to have some good news for tomorrow's weigh-in. I've been following the plan and avoiding all of the bad stuff pretty successfullly. I've got the caffeine-free headache to prove it.
  • Happy Monday. I just got back from grocery shopping. Had to go and stock up on all the good stuff and. There isn't much but some has creeped in. I got a bunch of veggies so I am making a big salad today that will last me a couple of days but I only got a little fruit as it didn't look all that great and was just too expensive. I have to pick and choose what I get these days where I am not working and trying to save as much as I can.

It is a nice temp here today so I am going for a walk later.

I will weigh in as well tomorrow again to see how this past week went. I wasn't perfect but it wasn't as bad as it has been so we'll see. I will report on the challenge thread how I did.

have a good day! I'll check in later.
  • hello all. just thought i'd check in before i don't have time to do so.
    things are busy as ever with DH being gone. but i'm coping ok.

i lost a pound when i stepped on the scale this morning so that was a nice thing to see. i keep fluctuating up and down a few pounds not really going anywhere, but i'm still working out 4-5 days a week, and i feel good, so that's all that matters to me right now. it's been hard trying to take care of the kids and myself without help at all. but i'm doing it..just slacking on the taking care of me part a bit too much.

anyways, hope everyone has a great start to the week. my DS is turning 4yrs old on thursday and we're having his party on sunday. he's sooo into robots (transformers mainly) so i'm making a robot cake. i was gonna do a 3D one, but i don't think i can pull it off while taking care of the kids and trying to do it by myself. so i'm gonna do one that's just laying down.
  • I too went shopping today. I love Mondays because the kitchen is usually filled with fresh fruit and all kinds of good veges. I did however splurge and buy some pumpkin flavored coffee creamer. Not fat free either. I guess I will just see if it changes anything. Nice to have every now and then for a treat. On the good side though I bought a super cheap pineapple and it is so much better fresh than from a can. I had a pretty good weekend and even avoided my DS double stuffed oreo cookies. Gotta go. Child # two is crying and Number one is saying "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry Gianna" Well it can't be too bad because noone has sought me out yet!!! Jillian- Good to see you are still hanging in there and I would love to know how you would have made a robot cake 3D! Kim- Hope you have a good weigh in. Where is Nicole anyway???
  • :::waving::: Hello beautiful people!!! I havent been on here in so long I doubt most of you know who I am sheesh!!! LOL I'm gonna try my best to get my tushie back on here on a regular basis. That seems to be the only thing that keeps my butt in line!!! I got all my old food diaries out and made me a grocery list. I WILL get back in my American Eagle jeans if it kills me :-) Hope everybody has an amazing week!!
  • Kim! I feel your pain, since it is my pain, although perhaps a different brand of jeans... Good to see you back.

I was so bad this weekend foodwise. I need my DD to get better so I can stop worrying myself sick and then eating junk.... I keep thinking she is on the road to recovery, but then she caught a bad cold and that set her back, and not eating for almost 12 weeks and when you start to eat your body does not exactly deal with the food well, so it has been a difficult time for her. She got so weak, and she still has days where she just doesn't eat at all and then I worry. Still not quite 100% sure what was/is wrong with her (OK besides the cold), but the acupuncture seems to help her a great deal. I took her today and she ate today.... after not eating yesterday that was a relief. The sad thing is that after dropping so much weight, when people who haven't seen her for awhile exclaim about how great she looks! Since when is skinny sick better than well rounded and healthy?
  • Hey Kim!! Good to see you on 3FC!

I am scared/excited to weigh in tomorrow...
  • Barbara- I hope that she continues to get better. Too bad about the cold! It sucks that sickly skinny has become desirable.
  • Weighed in and down 1.5 lbs to 242.5. It shows 2 on the ticker cause it rounded. But I'll take the 1.5.
  • good job, alannah!
    i get on the scale on a daily basis. i feel it helps me keep in check. and i was down to 211 today. very surprised. i'm hoping this trend will keep up since i'd like to be under 200 before the end of the year. and close to my goal by the time baby X turns 1yr old.
  • Hey Kim- I remember you!!! Good to see you.

Hope everyone is doing well. I can not believe the holiday season is quickly approaching. I dread Thanksgiving so much. A holiday that seems just about eating. So what I do not need at this time.
  • Amy-Try to think of the comming holidays in a different lite. They don't have to be all about food. I know it is a great big part of them but it is also about family and appreciating what you have. I know sometimes I get caught up more in what I don't have and forget what I have been blessed with. It's nice to see that everyone is loosing. I lost and gained the same 1 lb this week so now I want to work on keeping it off!! Take care everyone!
  • Hi All!!
    I am so glad I found this site. I tried LAWL about 2 yrs ago hoping to lose those last 20lbs. I got about 5 lbs away from my goal and for some reason I gave up. Well now I have 50-60 lbs to lose to get to my goal. Amazing what can happen in 2 yrs. I just finished my 2 days of Take Off and I am ready to go. I love how diciplined this plan keeps me. I'll keep you all updated
  • Welcome Cubbstumf! Sounds like you are on your way to weight loss again!!