3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   How often do you weigh yourself? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/183784-how-often-do-you-weigh-yourself.html)

BrittniMarie 10-09-2009 01:05 AM

How often do you weigh yourself?

So I am 2 weeks into my diet/life style change and got a scale at 10days in... and I had lost 2 lbs :carrot: (I weighted myself on my friends scale and then 10 days later on her scale again so it would be accurate.. thats when I decided I needed my own scale and luckily her scale and my scale are right on) But my question is how often do you weigh yourself? I don't want to weigh myself too much and get discouraged if I'm not losing weight fast enough... So how often do you weigh yourself?

duckyyellowfeet 10-09-2009 01:09 AM

I write it down every wednesday.
But I weight myself every morning after I pee and throughout the day...I'm sorta experimenting and I like seeing how different foods, salt intake, using the restroom and exercise affect my weight.
However, I refuse to let anything but my wednesday morning weigh-in stick in my mind,

VernDern 10-09-2009 01:15 AM

I like to do a weigh in once a week but sometimes I slip and end up doing it more. I get VERY discouraged if I dont see numbers moving which is a problem when you're losing fat and gaining muscle because it appears as though you arnt losing. Its a mind game.

I would just do it as much as you feel comfortable with it.

Good luck with your weight loss! =)

Rebound 10-09-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckyyellowfeet (Post 2962952)
I write it down every wednesday.
But I weight myself every morning after I pee and throughout the day...I'm sorta experimenting and I like seeing how different foods, salt intake, using the restroom and exercise affect my weight.
However, I refuse to let anything but my wednesday morning weigh-in stick in my mind,

This, except replace "Wednesday" with "Friday."

Some people get would get upset or obsessed if they weighed this frequently. But for me, I like it. I like to see how much my body can vary from day to day, and even during the day. For ME it helps and I like it -- but for other people it could be a really bad idea.

Dollar hunter 10-10-2009 01:00 PM

Before i use to weigh myself every sunday but nowadays i do once in two weeks.

Sheena41 10-10-2009 01:38 PM

I weigh in every morning, but record it on Wednesdays. I expect fluctuations during the week. I know that it will be higher on the mornings after I have something salty. I try to eat low salt on Tuesdays so as not to raise Wed. weight. I just try and see a downward trend.

JoJoJo2 10-10-2009 01:52 PM

Hi, BrittniMarie:

I'm maintaining, so I weigh myself daily. I need to do this because those lost lbs. really want to rejoin my body and they can be quite sneaky about it all.

But if I weigh myself daily I can catch a gain very quickly before it becomes a problem for me.

Find the method of weighing you are comfortable with and that works for you. And best of luck to you on your weight-loss journey.

plus sized 10-15-2009 09:10 PM

i dont have a specific routine.. i do tend to weigh in at night before bed idk why. and usually its about 3times a week, when i get curious. actually- anxious lol. i think ima start weighing in every sunday now though [;

Civakas 10-15-2009 10:00 PM

I weigh myself officially on Friday and unofficially once every evening. I just like to make sure that I'm not in the 150's (I was there for a looong time). I don't base my eating habits or mood on which number appears, but I do feel that I'm too attached to the scale. I'm trying to cut back. =b

Tarisaande 10-15-2009 10:43 PM

Er, I step on the scale far too frequently. But there are only two times (a day) I consider the numbers from.

One is first thing in the morning, preferably after a bowel movement. I always weight "less" on Saturday because I have the luxury of waiting for that. However, for the most part I use the "before work" number as my current weight.

The second is when I get home from work, not because it's really meaningful but because I generally weigh about the same as first thing in the morning if I haven't gone out for dinner or something first.

I don't bow down to the whole "salt is the devil" way of thinking, and have in fact been recommended to eat 4000mg/day by my pcp (due to some blood pressure dropping concerns over the summer) but I do sometimes try not to eat my salt-laden miso soup on Friday night, just to help Saturday's number along in case I'm retaining some water I don't know about.

DanaLou 10-17-2009 07:42 PM

Every morning but only record it once a week on Tuesdays.

MariaS 10-19-2009 12:41 PM

I'm trying to figure out what weighing schedule if any, is best for me, at the moment it's almost every day.

L R K 10-19-2009 12:49 PM

Once a week, every Wednesday, just after I have woken up and visited the bathroom - hehe :)