Old 10-07-2009, 09:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/202/160

Height: 5'11"

Default Uh OH

So I had a bit of weakness yesterday, and ate a couple bites of my favorite food I couldnt help myself, it had been ages since i made it and i love it so much, so I cheated on my diet with a couple bite sized pieces of Italian Sausage.

However, im back on track this morning, and feeling confident that i can finish the detox period ( only today and 2 more days left). Im down 5 lbs already with minimal exercise (no time, im packing my family of 5 up to move to our new house, lots of moving furniture and painting and such).

I hope all of you are doing well, just keep reminding yourself that its almost over and you can do this!! It will be on to Phase II before you know it
twilightmom78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:55 AM   #2  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

As long as you get back into it you should be ok. Im on day three and so far I have had no slip ups. Good luck.
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:37 PM   #3  

congrats to both of you! i finished phase 1 and continued on it for about another week. i then took a break for a day and haven't gone back on yet (its been 5 days.) i am, however, looking forward to going back on it and losing more weight.
good luck!!!
raygunclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #4  

i wonder if that would be productive....do Phase 1 for the 9 days, take a few days off to eat the things that you miss- in moderation of course-then back on for another week to 9 days....with the slip up, its much harder today to not snack on small bits of forbidden phase 1 foods, but im managing.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/233.2/145

Height: 5'4

how do you detox?
whip1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:29 PM   #6  

thats what happens in phase 1....a body detox, gets rid of all the bad stuff in the body, flushes out the bad stuff we normally eat
Old 10-07-2009, 05:33 PM   #7  

so how do you do this detox thing??
Old 10-07-2009, 11:02 PM   #8  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygunclan View Post
congrats to both of you! i finished phase 1 and continued on it for about another week. i then took a break for a day and haven't gone back on yet (its been 5 days.) i am, however, looking forward to going back on it and losing more weight.
good luck!!!
How did you do how much weight did you lose?
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:18 AM   #9  

So far as of yesterday, Ive lost 5 lbs. it would be more if i had focused more on exercising....That is my goal for next week, once i get semi settled into the new place, there is a nice long road i can walk/run on.

As for how to detox, its Phase 1 of the book, eating nothing but fruits and veggies, oatmeal and water for 9 days. it sounds like its hard, but its not...the hardest part for me was inventing new things to do with veggies to add some variety
Old 10-08-2009, 10:07 AM   #10  

i lost 12 lbs. i have to say that it was the easiest 12 lbs i have ever lost. i have lost it quicker (with the master cleanse) but it was actually a nightmare losing that way. this diet i actually enjoy doing. i love the feeling of all of the fruits and veggies that i am eating and feel that it is so easy to stick to the plan. i also love the fact that if i cheat, i just jump right back in and don't feel like i am going to gain all of the weight from the previous 3 days of fat that i ate and have it take 3 additional days to get back on track, like with atkins.
but 12 lbs!!! i was SUPER happy! that was 7.5% of my weight! in the tv show in my mind, i am... the biggest loser!!! (c:
Old 10-08-2009, 10:20 AM   #11  

this detox sounds like something I would like to try is there a book on it and what is master cleanse and wher do I get it? can the vegi's be cooked or is this an all raw diet. please inform me about this it sounds very interesting.
Thank you!
Old 10-08-2009, 05:09 PM   #12  

veggies can be cooked. The book is called Fat Smash Diet. I picked it up at th local book store for like $12. Its not a detailed book in the way that it tells you exactly what to eat and when, but it tells you what you can eat in general, you have to be creative with how you eat it. Its easy follow, as long as you dont mind being a vegatarian for 9 days. I actually LOVE the Boca and Morning Star "meats". I never thought i would but they are surprisingly yummy, and they help me feel like i get to have a "normal" meal with my family, instead of salads and fruits while they eat meat, potatoes and veggies. If i make them chicken breasts for dinner, ill eat a vegan chicken patty and i dont feel so seperated from everyone else.

I have one more day left, and i have only slipped 2 times, once i mentioned in this thread first and another time when i couldnt resist a spoonful of Honey Roast Peanut Butter. Used to be my fav snack. And Raygunclan is right, its ok to fall of the wagon some, because all you have to do it start again the next morning and your back to losing approx a pound per day, no worries. Im thinking i might do this for one week per month once im done with phase 1, i dont think that im going to follow Phase II to the letter though, but as long as i am watching portions and such, i think that a once a month cleanse will be healthy and keep me on track to losing at least 10 lbs per month until i reach my goal.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:03 PM   #13  

you know, i really don't see how doing phase one until you reach your goal could hurt. i eat much less healthily as a rule and think that i could live on phase one (for the most part) without any problem. imagine, phase 1 all day long and then a relatively healthy dinner? i would think that that would be the perfect scenario for me.
but that's just me.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:48 PM   #14  

Thank you so much twilightmom! that was the info I was looking for. someone else mention some sort of colon cleanse system that they did in combination has anyone done this and do you know what its called?
again Thank you. Cindy
Old 10-09-2009, 07:53 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygunclan View Post
you know, i really don't see how doing phase one until you reach your goal could hurt. i eat much less healthily as a rule and think that i could live on phase one (for the most part) without any problem. imagine, phase 1 all day long and then a relatively healthy dinner? i would think that that would be the perfect scenario for me.
but that's just me.
I was thinking the same thing, as far as Phase 1 all day and a nice normal healthy dinner with the fam at night. I do for the most part try to give them a well balanaced dinner every night anyway, so I think that would work for me too. Today is the last day of Phase 1 for me, and im going to give that a try