sweet potato recipe that will work for the fat smash AND the rest of the fam

• so tonight i decided to make sweet potatoes. my chickens love them and so does my hubby. and they're good for you to boot! but i didn't have alot of time and i was really concerned about how long it would take to bake them off. so i decided to make mashed sweet potatoes. but then at the last minute, i googled roasted sweet potatoes. this led me to epicurious (usually my first choice. i'm not sure why i went to google) and a recipe for thyme roasted sweet potatoes.

well let me tell you that it was one of the best side dishes (and by far the easiest!) i have ever made! in fact, we're still eating them cold!!!

i used 5 sweet potatoes, about 6 cloves of garlic (i can't help myself!), didn't use the red pepper flakes and used fleur de sel (because i have it). oh! and i also used dried thyme, about 1 T.

DELISH!!!

Thyme-Roasted Sweet Potatoes Epicurious | November 2005

ingredients

4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch-thick rounds
    3 tablespoons olive oil
    4 large garlic cloves, minced
    1/3 cup fresh thyme leaves, plus 6 thyme sprigs for garnish
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes

preparation

Preheat oven to 450°F. In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and toss. Arrange potato slices in single layer on heavyweight rimmed baking sheet or in 13x9-inch baking dish. Place on top rack of oven and roast until tender and slightly browned, about 40 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature, garnished with thyme sprigs.
  • I love sweet potatoes and I had them yesterday they were good I just hate cutting them lol this sounds good ill have to try it
  • i know! you really have to put some muscle into it!
    i put them in the microwave first for 5 minutes to soften them up. it worked ever so slightly. (c:
    but i've got to tell you, they were friggin' delicious! i cook all the time and am always looking for new recipes. this i just kind of ran across looking for a quickie way to do sweet potatoes. i swear that i ate one cold out of the fridge this morning!!!