Old 05-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #1  
soon 2B hot chick!!

S/C/G: 220/210.6/165

Default Smashing to a healthier (hotter) me!

Today is day 11 for me! I am so happy that a friend (Dez) told me about this diet. It has been an easy 11 days. I am still doing phase 1 as I have not added any meat back to my diet. Is this ok (question to my experienced fat smashers)? I have lost a total of 6.5lbs and hope to at least loose 8lbs in the month of may.

I could not find a journal function on tis site...so i hope that it is ok to use this section to track my progress.

It has been difficult to find information and forums for this diet. I am so happy to have found this site.

Anyone else out there eating alot of fruit?I find myself eating atleast 4 pieces of fruit along with oatmeal, veggies, brown rice, veggie burgers. etc
scaleskl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi, Welcome to 3FC and our Fat Smashing forum!

You sound like you are off to a fantastic start, congratulations! If it helps to keep track of things, we have free diet blogs at http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/ so you could start your own fat smash journal In addition, the threads in here are great and full of many tips.

Good luck!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:46 PM   #3  
soon 2B hot chick!!

Thanks for the info and encouragement! I will check out the blog.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 135/132/110

Height: 5'2''

Welcome, scaleski! I'm new, too - on Day 3 of Phase 1, and feeling really good! I was wondering about staying on the detox longer, too - let me know how it works for you. I've been eating quite a bit of fruit, along with veggies and oatmeal. Haven't had any rice yet, because I'm still calorie-phobic, but when I'm too hungry I'll break down and have a can of corn or garbanzo beans.
Hope my weight loss can match yours - good luck!
strebend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #5  
soon 2B hot chick!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strebend View Post
Welcome, scaleski! I'm new, too - on Day 3 of Phase 1, and feeling really good! I was wondering about staying on the detox longer, too - let me know how it works for you. I've been eating quite a bit of fruit, along with veggies and oatmeal. Haven't had any rice yet, because I'm still calorie-phobic, but when I'm too hungry I'll break down and have a can of corn or garbanzo beans.
Hope my weight loss can match yours - good luck!
I too am worried about the calories....and carbs. I previously did the Atkins diet where carbs are taboo. Hopefully someone will come along and answer our question about extending Phase 1.

Good Luck.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:07 PM   #6  
soon 2B hot chick!!

I am totally on track. i plan to go to karate tonight and get a good workout. I added cheese and an extra veggie patty to my menus.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #7  
ich bin geliebt

S/C/G: 353-->whatever is healthy

Height: 5'9"

Phase II introduces meat and cereal into the diet, but that is on top of everything that was in Phase I. There is no reason that you couldn't continue doing Phase I, unless you weren't getting enough protein.

And don't be afraid of the brown rice - it's the most filling thing. Everything you're eating is basically encouraging your metabolism. I just restarted Phase I after getting to Phase III and I am experiencing this too. You need the carbs to give you energy, I think. At least I do. Plus I like them.
MaryEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 318/294/Healthy

Height: 5'8

Im on day 7 of P1 and Im thinking highly of staying on P1 a while longer. DH is having a tougher time so Im gonna let him go on to P2 and I might have a little bit of chicken now and then with him on P2 but Im basically gonna stick to P1 for a few weeks. So glad to see more here doing the same!
LookingForMeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:55 PM   #9  
soon 2B hot chick!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryEllen View Post
Phase II introduces meat and cereal into the diet, but that is on top of everything that was in Phase I. There is no reason that you couldn't continue doing Phase I, unless you weren't getting enough protein.

And don't be afraid of the brown rice - it's the most filling thing. Everything you're eating is basically encouraging your metabolism. I just restarted Phase I after getting to Phase III and I am experiencing this too. You need the carbs to give you energy, I think. At least I do. Plus I like them.
Thanks for the info. Congratulations to you on your weight loss.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:57 PM   #10  
soon 2B hot chick!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingForMeAgain View Post
Im on day 7 of P1 and Im thinking highly of staying on P1 a while longer. DH is having a tougher time so Im gonna let him go on to P2 and I might have a little bit of chicken now and then with him on P2 but Im basically gonna stick to P1 for a few weeks. So glad to see more here doing the same!
Hi..yes I am on day 15 and will probably stick with P1 for a few more weeks also. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:22 AM   #11  
soon 2B hot chick!!

I am totally on target and loving this diet. I love fruit and am not yet bored with the choices on P1. I am exercising 3-5 times per week. 3 days and 1 hour and the other 2 days at 30 min.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:22 PM   #12  
soon 2B hot chick!!

So I've fallen off the wagon abit. I am back on Phase!
Old 06-28-2009, 08:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

I'm in the same boat! I majorly fell off the wagon and regained the wieght I lost! So I just restarted phase 1 and I am on day 3! So far I have lost 6 lbs.
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:31 AM   #14  
Ms. Fat Smasher

S/C/G: 338/329/175

Height: 6'0

scaleskl, this is from Dr. Ian's Fatsmash FAQ-Phase 1....

"How long can you safely stay on Phase I without negatively affecting the metabolic setpoint?
GREAT QUESTION. I DON'T REALLY KNOW THE ANSWER TO THAT, NOR DO I KNOW IF THAT COULD REALLY BE ANSWERED WITHOUT SOME INTENSE LABORATORY STUDY. EVEN THEN, IT MIGHT NOT MATTER AS THIS WOULD BE DIFFERENT DEPENDING ON THE PERSON BEING STUDIED. I WILL SAY THAT STAYING ON PHASE I WOULD BE SIMILAR TO BEING A VEGETARIAN AND THERE ARE MILLIONS OF VEGETARIANS WHO ARE HEALTHY AND WITHIN THEIR NORMAL WEIGHT RANGES. THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE WHO LIKE TO STAY ON THIS FOR AN EXTRA WEEK OR TWO BECAUSE THEY LIKE THE WEIGHT LOSS AND DETOXING."

I've been on Phase 1 for 2 1/2 weeks, and I plan on staying on it because it's totally manageable for me. The brown rice really helps me out alot, although I didn't start eating it until the second week...I was also on Atkins recently so my mindset is to stay away from carbs.
fatklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:19 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Hello ladies I am currently on Day 2 of the Detox. I wont lie yesterday afternoon was rough & felt so weak and light headed I could barely talk but that was my fault. Preparation is a huge part of this program. I didn't have my meals readily prepared so while I was waiting on my dinner i slowly felt my energy going away so I was unable to exercise...today however I am ready. The brown rice is really a big help and its filling and it doesn't taste that bad. Today is starting out promising so hopefully i can get a workout in.
Fashion Nelle is offline   Reply With Quote