Old 09-29-2009, 07:40 AM   #16  
Michelle

S/C/G: 216/160/135

Height: 5"6'

MJ-- You are so on your way!! Congrats on 160's. You worked hard for it so enjoy it.

I tried Lynn's pancake today and boy was that good. I used sf syrup mixed with a little sf apricot jam warmed in micro and then dipped pancake in it!! Yummy! I love breakfast food!! Hope you all have a great eating day!
momofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:41 AM   #17  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies

Michelle.....WTG on shredding. You are going to be so happy you started

Jillian.......Happy Anniversay dear I hope your day is most excellent.

Joan...that SUCKS! I would call amazon again......that's complete crap. Don't worry, I will still be shredding......I made a tiny promise to myself to do it for at least 100 days......working out 6 days a week.......so I'll still be chigging along. When you get yours, let me know, and any of us that have been though the 30 days can start a new 30 day stint. It will be fun

Katie...talk to me about this gathering winter food business. Did you get your shred on yet today?

I have to admit.....I did NOT shred yesterday. My allergies were sooo bad, that I did not do anything yesterday. I was literally in bed all day yesterday, except for about 4 hours. It was awful........quite possibly my worst allergy day ever. I was on allegra and benedryl, and nothing seemed to make it bearable.........nothing except sleep. My poor 4 yo wathced WAYYY too much tv yesterday. Oh well......I have to get my act together today, my sis and one of my besties are coming here tomorrow, and now I am burried in housework.....mom's just can't really take the day off.

Anyway, I will check back later, if I can, and see how everyone is doing. Have a great day, and take at least 15 minutes to exercise your bodies today. Your heart will thank you
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:19 AM   #18  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Nicole- For your allergies, try mixing 1 tablespoon of local honey (as close to your house as possible), 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, and pouring a cup of boiling water over it. Let it cool a little bit and drink it. This mixture helped me a lot! As far as gathering winter food, I have got to pick all of the green peppers, yellow squash, zuchinni, egg plant, cucumbers, pick the green beans one last time, and pick all of the tomatoes and lay them out on tables in my kids' rooms to ripen up. I have tons of unripe tomatoes that I am waiting on so that I can bottle them. Also, I think the cabbage, cauliflower, and broccoli better be harvested too. I have been harvesting my herbs for a while now, and have harvested all that I need, but I hate to see them go to waste. I think that I might put them on Freecycle so that someone will get some use out of them. I am going to leave the beets, carrots, parsnips, buttercup squash, pumpkins, chard, and spinach in the ground, since a frost is okay for them. Sometime this week I am going to pickle a bunch of garlic for Scott. He is a fool for it. I did not shred yesterday, but I am planning on it today. That stint into the mountains for firewood nearly did me in!

MJ- Good job!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:55 AM   #19  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Nicole- Oh I hate allergies. I don't have them too bad but this weekend, I got really stuffed up. i think I sneezed 15 times in a row...agh. If I take 2 reactine, I clear up pretty quick. I just hate the itchy nose thing.

Katie- I wish I lived near you. Nothing like fresh veggies all the time. It does sound like lots of work.

So I got my shred yesterday in the mail....finally.
I am starting it tonight, I actaully can't wait.
Last night I took my 4 month little puppy for a 40 minute walk. She loved it! I was so amazed since my other dog could never make it. I think I will walk one night, then shred, then walk, etc.
I ate so healthy all last week and got on the scale this morning to see that I lost half a pound. I guess I am down but I thought it would be way better. It must have been that coke and popcorn I had at the hockey game...darn!
Okay gotta go,

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:22 PM   #20  

Height: 5'6

Ugh I came in to work today to drama! Gotta love HR, we handle everyone else's drama! lol
Our meeting with the builder last night went great thougH! He is just confirming total price on some of the lots we picked out then hopefully we will be putting through an offer and the paperwork to get started! Should only take 4.5 months to build so we should be in a couple months before the wedding (yes I know I am crazy doing this all at once lol). Plus we found out there is a sweet tax rebate on new homes we didn't realize we would get so bonus!
Staying on track with my diet with the exception of the weekend...just gotta get back on an exercise schedule. Now I know we won't be moving for awhile I think I will start the Active 30 day challenge again and this weekend I hope to fix the arm on my elliptical so I can get that going.
THEN I am going to try to take note from some of you ladies on staying away from the scale more and focusing more on how I feel and the inches. Gonna take measurements Friday and go from there!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:19 PM   #21  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Thanks Michelle, Katie....hi to all!!!

Does anyone know approx. how many pounds down = 1 dress size down?
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:50 PM   #22  

Height: 5'6

I think it tends to take more pounds to go down a size the larger you are...therefore...as you get down lower the sizes start coming down faster. I know it took me like 30 lbs to lose a size last time I lost the weight...then like 15 to the next size...12 lbs to the next size, etc...hard to say an exact number as sizes vary. For example...today my pants are size 14...yesterday's pants were a size 18...and they came from the same store!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:27 PM   #23  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Height: 5'1

Sounds like everyone is doing great.I have a question.How do you stay on the diet on a very tight budget.What are some of the foods you use that are diet friendly but not very expensive?Thanks for your help.
Clanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:52 PM   #24  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey all...

Man am I tuckered... I've basically spent the past two weeks doing nothing but conference prep and execution.. Just about killed me and basically halted anything but FB updates on my ipod/blackberry..

Of course I tried to be good during last week's conference, and to a certain extent, I succeeded.. But of course there were pitfalls in my way...

As I sit here in my office for the first time in more than a week, it's kind of surreal.. With the conference out of the way, I feel kind of empty and aimless.. there's plenty to do, but little desire to do it.. Liz is mad at me for not taking more than a half day or so off, and I know she's right.. Perhaps later this week.. Not sure sitting around the house doing honey-do's is the right recipe either..

On a brighter note, I took part in a bike race last weekend... Didn't really focus on racing, but just riding.. Did well despite a heavy headwind for half the trek.. Getting signed up for another at the end of October..

Anyway, I hope all of you are doing your best to stay POP and Nicole, I LOVE the avatar picture.. Very cool shot!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:30 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

MJ - I thought you were going to say that your husband wanted his lunch made fresh and that you were going to get up early to make it... but then saw that you actually have a GOOD husband! Mine likes his lunch fresh, which means I have to get up at 4:45am to make it! Also - at your height and weight, it should take about 10lbs to go down a size, but then again, at about that weight my body started changing shape and I would lose sizes without losing weight...

Lori - is it more expensive for you because you are buying different food for you than the rest of the family? I know that once I started feeding everyone like I feed me, then it got cheaper. Shop in season, plan meals around the fruits and veggies that are in season because they will be less expensive. Don't buy pre-packaged, instead, buy bulk and pre-package yourself. hope this helps.

Guess what I had last week? The FLU! it didn't feel like the flu, but they said I had it... I'm better now and back at work. And I didn't lose one darn pound from it either!!!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:39 PM   #26  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

MJ- I think about 10-12 pounds would put you down a size. Are you planning for a goal? I have a pair of jeans in my closet I really want to fit into again. Its been a long term goal. I hope to achieve it one day.
I am starting my shred tonight.....excited right now but probably sore tomorrow!
Gotta run
Nice to see you Dan!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:29 PM   #27  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Ok, katie....not so weird anymore. I must have been reading too fast.....cuz I had it all jumbled up in my head that you were gathering food when you were gathering firewood... Guess I need to slow down a bit.

I shredded today.....yeay me.

Also, I got my laundry caught up after 2 days off...which is a big deal when you have a big family. So, I consider the day a success.

I also went to target and bought a set of 5 lb weights. I'm gonna be so buff by summer

K, gotta run.......Joan.....maybe having to wait for it was a blessing in disquise......now you are really excited about it......I can't wait to hear how you love/hate it.
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:27 PM   #28  
Michelle

S/C/G: 216/160/135

Height: 5"6'

Ok. Is it just me or was the second day of shredding harder than the first. I think i was just so into something new and moving my body again that I did not really feel the muscle burn yesterday, but i did today! All that matters is that I did it and I feel good about it now. Shred on girls!!

MJ when my sister in law married my brother they told me at the dress shop that 15 pounds was a dress size. Hope that helps you
momofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:37 PM   #29  
Amy

Hey guys!

Just checking in! Not much to report. Job is going well, not as tired and beat when I get out anymore which is nice. My body is adjusting!

We're moving in officially this weekend!! I am SOOO excited! We moved a bunch of stuff this past weekend when my family was here, but there's no hot water. At this point I DON'T CARE! The propane should be functional Thursday, so we'll get our hot water!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:13 AM   #30  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hey all! I've been a busy girl - tiling our bathroom AND getting ready for company this weekend. No time to play on the computer.

Happy anniversary Jillian! You two have experienced a lot in 3 years.

Alannah - love the new picture. Good luck with going back to school - I have to say, I dreaded it for a long time, but then once I started taking classes, it was OK.

Kristen - Wow, I hope everything with the house works out for you! How exciting!

NJ Amy - Ahh, the moving process - brings back memories - When we moved into our house I said "that's it - the next time I move, I'll be heading to the cemetary". That probably won't be true, since we are talking about where we want to live when we retire, but at the time I MEANT IT. Good luck this weekend!

Katie - How do you know these remedies? You amaze me. On top of that - your list of veggies is better than what I can find at out grocery store!

Gotta go!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote