how do you eat your oatmeal

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Made oatmeal for breakfast this morning....it was so horrible!!! I actually ended up throwing 3/4 of it out. Tried to sweeten it a little with a packet of splenda and I cooked it with some diced peaches...and it didnt help!! It was sooooo gross!!

Think tomorrow I am going to grind some up and make a banana yogurt smoothie. This way I get my yogurt, fruit and oatmeal all in one dose.
  • good luck with that. it made my smoothie not so smoothie. i think next time i want to eat oatmeal, i'm going to cook it and THEN add it to my smoothie.
    let me know how yours comes out. (c:
  • OH GEEZ....I hope it tastes good cause I dont know what other way to eat it!!

I will let you know.
  • I eat my oatmeal with a WW yogurt stirred IN it..... I know it doesn't sound the best to eat hot yogurt.... but if you get the Boston Cream Pie it tastes like chocolate cereal.
  • i swear i never would have thought that eating oatmeal would be the hardest part of this diet. well, that and the "no avocado!!!" rule.
  • I eat mine with yogurt as well and it taste pretty good plus I add cinnimon to it
  • I put it in my home made muesli and eat it cold, with milk or yoghurt.
  • Irish oats
    I think these are steel cut oats that you speak of? If so you have to use a little more water and they cook longer than the regular oats but are said to be better for you, as for taste I'm not sure what to suggest for you being an oatmeal lover I have gotten to the point that I can eat them with nothing but a little sweetner, milk, and a 1/2 pat of butter or sub. should do the trick. Some people tend to cook them and eat them with the same amount of milk as they use in cereal. Also experiment with different levels of being done you may like them a little more chewy of a little more on the soft side. Goodluck
  • I LOVE oatmeal! I just eat it plain. You could try pureeing fruit to mix in with it or drown it in as much milk as possible!
  • Plain with skim milk, but sometimes I'll add some fresh fruit. I think oatmeal has a lovely taste.
  • I don't like my oats granola-like and chewy though. I usually go for a soft consistency, which is quite nice with frozen banana chunks.
  • I put splenda brown sugar and ICBINB spray on my oatmeal, or blueberries. Found a new way well to me anyway. 1/2 mashed banana and a dash of cinnamon YUM.
    I like cream of wheat cooked with milk and raisins too so i may be a little weird. Are raisins OK on Phase 1?
  • I think raisins should be fine. lol I HOPE because I have been eating them!
  • i had cream of wheat the other day with a spot of honey (i know, i know.). i had forgotten how much i like that stuff!!!
  • I use a ½ cup of oats with 1 cup fat free milk then cut up a banana while the oatmeal is still hot. Once the banana is warm it is sooo tasty but I think the oatmeal in general is an acquired taste. When I first started this diet I could not stand the oatmeal but I have learned to enjoy it.