3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   friends and Losers Sept 14-20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/181733-friends-losers-sept-14-20-a.html)

shellyh 09-18-2009 01:40 PM

Thanks MJ, I found all the control panel features!! I'm following a plan that is similar to LA Weightloss' Accelerator plan...from Women's World Weekly, the article is mentioned in lose35.blogspot.com/2007/08/low-carb-day.html (hopefully they won't remove this link). Basically it is a carb cycling program...5 days of what I would consider basic program eating (2 starches, 3 fruit, 2 dairy 8oz protein 2 fat unlimited veggies) and 2 days of low carb (6oz protein, 2 canteloupes, 2 protein bars -usually Luna- unlimited veggies). I expected to lose more weight by now, but have had a bit of difficulty motiviating myself to get moving with the exercise piece. I am weighing every 2 weeks, and will weigh tomorrow....wish me luck!!

shellyh 09-18-2009 01:41 PM

ohhhh!!! and happy Friday everyone!!!

jewljz 09-18-2009 02:04 PM

where's Barbara?

mj2007 09-18-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyh (Post 2931311)
Thanks MJ, I found all the control panel features!! I'm following a plan that is similar to LA Weightloss' Accelerator plan...from Women's World Weekly, the article is mentioned in lose35.blogspot.com/2007/08/low-carb-day.html (hopefully they won't remove this link). Basically it is a carb cycling program...5 days of what I would consider basic program eating (2 starches, 3 fruit, 2 dairy 8oz protein 2 fat unlimited veggies) and 2 days of low carb (6oz protein, 2 canteloupes, 2 protein bars -usually Luna- unlimited veggies). I expected to lose more weight by now, but have had a bit of difficulty motiviating myself to get moving with the exercise piece. I am weighing every 2 weeks, and will weigh tomorrow....wish me luck!!

Hey Shelly...those 2 days low carb you are doing is what they call take-off at the LAWL. The difference is...it is every 2 weeks.TO is not that easy i guess...and doing every 2 weeks is bad enough!I can't imagine how you must feel doing every week!!!!
I am no expert...but you are about same height as me and want to lose 60 lbs.Therefore, I can speak from my experience your diet seems to have too few protein and too much fat!
According to my experience you should be on Plan-3 of Rapid results without La-lites.

Menu Plan -3

Starch-2
protein -3
veggie-3
fruit-2
dairy-2
fat-1

If you want to look at the Rapid results plan, you will find a thread on this forum called Rapid Results.

Also...make sure that the protein you consuming is lean and low carb such as chicken breast,fish, shell fish or egg substitute.Not too much legumes/beans.
Also do not replace lean protein with nuts,dairy etc....because they have less protein compared to chicken etc...and more fat or carbs.

Choose dairy that is low-fat , sugar-free and low calorie such as Astro zero yogurt ,1% milk, laughing cow lite or lite ricotta or allegro.

As long as you are losing 2lb a week...you should be good!
Good luck with your weigh-in!

equinetcan 09-19-2009 01:53 PM

Happy saturday!

Quiet in here today so far. I have been pretty productive today. Got my errands done, took the AC in from the front window, re-arranged my living room, dishes done and a few other little things. And this was all before 230pm lol. Thats definitely productive for me.

Chilly here today. Only 12C and there is a brisk wind that is cold. It's supposed to be nicer tomorrow though and the next few days up here.

I just wanted to do a quick check in and see if anyone was around. Hope you all have a good weekend!

RoyalAthena 09-20-2009 05:09 AM

Well equinetcan :),

I am having a glorious weekend. I totally chucked the idea of TakeOff or Fast Foward. My mind wasnt into it. I just am so tired of fad diets ( not saying that it is one but...) I don't want temporary results. I surfed the site and some people were saying that they had to eat a certain way to keep their TakeOff pounds off. Forget that!! I didnt give up though. After the first day of TakeOff, I was faint, dizzy and etc. I went straight to plan. So far I am on day 2 (complete). I am writing down what I eat, using the exchanges and working out. For now, this is doable. I am usually a calorie counter but having this plan tells me what is nutritious for my body. For example, I have not had candy for the last two days BUT I am working in my fruit and dairy (which I did not do in the past). I am totally satisfied. I am sooooo excited and I just wanted to share. I will give week 1 results in the next weeks forum! Thanks all for the support!!