3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Restarting again (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/181359-restarting-again.html)

Catway8 09-09-2009 12:29 AM

Restarting again

Hi everyone,

My name is Cathy and I live in Moncton NB, Canada. I started this plan back in August of 2007 and was down 50 pounds of the 80 I wanted to lose and here I sit again gained 30 og the 50 back. I am determined to lose it all again. I let myself do this and I know I can get to where I was before. The center here has closed but I have everything I need except going to get weighed but I can do that at home with my digital scale. I have read some of your posts and they are very helpful. I hope to get to know you all.

Cathy in Canada.

aguerin 09-10-2009 10:52 AM

Welcome Cathy. We have a general chatter post every week in the Weekly Losers and Friends thread. Stop by there and say hello.

gwin330 09-13-2009 04:00 PM

Good for you

This is great news!! I wish you success. I too started again this spring. I was on LAWL in 2001. l lost 50 and over the years gained it back. I made the mistake of not weighing myself and I also got away from measuring my foods. I hope I have learned from my mistakes. Good luck to you and let this be the last time for both of us!!

apple76 09-29-2009 02:12 PM

Same here -- a restart! I was on LAWL since spring 2007 till winter 2008. At first I lost 16 lb, which was just melting off me, but then I went for vacation, brought back 5lb, then my counselor at the centre left, and the new person I met with most often cared more about the new supplements than my struggle. Needles to say I made a full circle, I am back where I started.

I am on my 2nd day of Take Off and I hope as of tomorrow I'll be a model citizen here

mj2007 09-29-2009 02:24 PM

welcome apple :)

apple76 09-29-2009 02:58 PM

During this Take Off I am keeping myself in line. I hope I will be ok doing the plan on my own (I am on Plan 2 with Luna bars)...

Must....be....strong..... ;-)

Hoochie 09-29-2009 04:29 PM

Welcome back Cathy! We all can gain back our weight easy if we dont make lifestyle changes. It is so easy as I have done it a few times.
This board is awesome for support especailly if you aren't going to a centre.
Stick with this board and you will get some really good advice from others!

Joan

Hoochie 09-29-2009 04:30 PM

Welcome to you too Apple...sorry!

Joan

apple76 09-29-2009 04:43 PM

I will be checking in daily, as I need to be held accountable for my actions. I am a very responsible person once I know it's not just me who's involved. It's scary to be doing it on my own.

In the past I tried Weight Watchers on my own, with a support of their website and I was quite successful. But I think LAWL is a better plan (makes more sense to me in a long run) and I hope I can do as well here, this time.

apple76 09-30-2009 12:18 PM

"Real" food tastes soooo goooood after Take Off ;-)

How do you calculate amount of oats? 1/3 cup dry or 1/3 c cooked as 1 starch? I am a bit confused when it gets to stuff like this ...

mj2007 09-30-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apple76 (Post 2949897)
"Real" food tastes soooo goooood after Take Off ;-)

How do you calculate amount of oats? 1/3 cup dry or 1/3 c cooked as 1 starch? I am a bit confused when it gets to stuff like this ...

1 instant oatmeal pack = 1 starch.
1/2 cup cooked from oats = 1 starch

Refer the rapid results thread if you have problem

apple76 09-30-2009 04:13 PM

Oh, perfect, thanks!

Danielle819 10-13-2009 07:51 PM

I am a returning LAWL member. I have not done this for years and have gained back about 30 lbs of what I lost and would like to loose that 30 and maybe another 20lbs. When I was on it last, they had the color plans and the only one I can find is what used to be the gold plan. In doing my search of the forums I realized that the plans are now numbered. If I am figuring this correctly because I am 5'3" and 216 lbs I should start plan 3 (what are the amounts in this plan). Am I correct in thinking this? When do you know when to drop to level 2? The other question I have is what are some good LA Lite replacements (I saw that Luna Bars were listed but is there anything else that you can count as your 2 LA lites per day? Thanks for the help.

mj2007 10-13-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielle819 (Post 2969299)
I am a returning LAWL member. I have not done this for years and have gained back about 30 lbs of what I lost and would like to loose that 30 and maybe another 20lbs. When I was on it last, they had the color plans and the only one I can find is what used to be the gold plan. In doing my search of the forums I realized that the plans are now numbered. If I am figuring this correctly because I am 5'3" and 216 lbs I should start plan 3 (what are the amounts in this plan). Am I correct in thinking this? When do you know when to drop to level 2? The other question I have is what are some good LA Lite replacements (I saw that Luna Bars were listed but is there anything else that you can count as your 2 LA lites per day? Thanks for the help.

Hi danielle

I would say Plan-3 without LA-lites or Plan-2 with Lites.Luna-bars are the closest.

Good luck

Danielle819 10-14-2009 07:51 PM

thanks for your help. I went on the LA to your door website and downloaded plan 3. I will do plan 2 tomorrow. Thanks for your help