Old 09-08-2009, 01:25 PM   #1  

Default Funny Question anyone ever use one diet to lose and switch to another to maintain?

I was thinking about that today reading all the diets that have worked for people. And i wondered if anyone ever used say medifast to lose weight then weight watchers to keep it off? Not necessarily those two but its an example?

Because i tried WW and i didnt lose weight but part of me thinks it would be a good maintenance plan. LOL i dont know just random stuff i think about during the day
Biloxibound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:56 PM   #2  

I actually have been thinking about the same thing! I am 1.3 lbs. away from my Jenny Craig goal weight. I've incorporated lots of my own foods at this point with a lot of support from my counselor. I've set a new goal to lose 15 lbs. more and am thinking of switching to WW so it seems like it's brand new!
pegdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:01 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

there is nothing to say that you can't change eating plans while losing weight as well as create a maintenance plan that is different than your weight loss plan.

All weight loss plans work by reducing the amount of calories you eat. All maintenance plans work by maintaining your current amount of calories to keep your weight the same.

Last edited by nelie; 09-08-2009 at 02:02 PM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I think it works fine as long as you go in with the right mindset. Often when people switch plans, if there are any glitches, it's easy to get discouraged. For example, when going from a liquid diet to a solid diet (of the same calories), many people experience an initial weight gain, because of the extra weight of food in the digestive tract and often water retention, as well). Although the effects are temporary, it's very easy to get discouraged.

So, as long as you're prepared to deal with your "Plan B," if it doesn't go as planned, I think you're good to go.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm switching from calorie counting to south beach, probably in the end when I'm at maintenance I'll be calorie counting again.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:35 PM   #6  

Biloxibound -

I've just started on my plan this weekend (yea, a holiday weekend - can you believe that??) so I can't speak from experience, but I certainly don't think switching plans could hurt you. Right now, I'm actually combining two plans - I'm counting calories with an emphasis on the Mediterranean style diet. So there are certain foods that I will stay away from, for the most part, while someone strictly counting calories has a bit more freedom than I do.

And totally off-topic, but I have to ask about your screen name, as I am a native of Biloxi. I don't currently live there, but I guess you could say I'm "Biloxibound" as well because we are hoping to retire there eventually. Most of my very large extended family is there.

As you can see, I added the Biloxi Lighthouse as my avatar.

Last edited by SouthernMaven; 09-10-2009 at 11:32 AM.
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #7  

LOL its just a relocation thing. moving down there, hate to leave my beautiful colorado, BUT oh well LOL i cant HAVE a perfect like ( you know be skinny, live in colorado, have great kids, awesome husband) SO lol if i have to let colorado go to keep me less than perfect LOL i guess i can

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernMaven View Post
Biloxibound -

I've just started on my plan this weekend (yea, a holiday weekend - can you believe that??) so I can't speak from experience, but I certainly don't think switching plans could hurt you. Right now, I'm actually combining two plans - I'm counting calories with an emphasis on the Mediterranean style diet. So there are certain foods that I will stay away from, for the most part, while someone strictly counting calories has a bit more freedom than I do.

And totally off-topic, but I have to ask about your screen name, as I am a native of Biloxi. I don't currently live there, but I guess you could say I'm "Biloxibound" as well because we are hoping to retire there eventually. Most of my very large extended family is there.

As you can see, I added the Biloxi Lighthouse as my avatar.
Biloxibound is offline   Reply With Quote