Old 09-11-2009, 09:42 PM   #76  
Jennifer aka Jenn

S/C/G: 256/232/175

Height: 5'3"

Sounds great, thanks for getting back to me Amy.
I'll go pick it up tomorrow after work then...
Any tips or suggestions I should know about with this workout, let me know!
PittieMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:08 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 165/151/130

Height: 5'4

I finished day 3 of the shred, feel a bit like I've been hit by a truck...but somehow it feels good. I have absolutely no control over my quad muscles at this point. I have alot of stairs in my house and my DH is getting a little laugh at me trying to get down them. I kind of just stand at the top step and lean forward a bit until gravity takes over. At that point I just stumble down hoping that I get one foot in front of the other before I land on my face I think if I can get through the weekend it'll start feeling a little less sore.

Thanks again to all you shredders (especially Jillian) for getting me started on this. Getting exercise in on a Friday night is really not the norm for me and it feels great.

Good night ladies!
AJinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:17 PM   #78  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

yay for all the peeps getting the Shred DVD! so excited for everyone! it's awesome!
my advice for everyone that's just starting is to NOT GIVE UP. it definitely sucks for the first 4 days, but STICK IT OUT. i did it for 36 days in a row..then i had to take a break due to being out of town, but i did it for the full 30 days consecutively. now i take sundays off from working out and i've been alternating the Shred 3 days a week, and the elliptical and abs/arms 3 days a week. it's been good.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:54 AM   #79  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

You know......I may have to order this really cute workout outfit from Penny's

Jenn......my best advice for the Shred is.....watch your knees. Jillian probably does not have this issue cuz she is so young.....but my knees really took a beating about 2 weeks in. If you have any trouble with your knees, try to find a couple of alternate moves for some of the jumping. Other than that.......GO FOR IT!!!!!

Time to get busy
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #80  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Nicole - love the new pic of you here and the ones on facebook - just had to let you know that!

It is a beautiful day here. This is why I love Sept thru Nov for weather. Yes there is some rain but up here its also some of the best weather we get for actually accompliching things outside.

Tonight I am going over to a friend's house for supper. Chancey just left to go back to the ex's house till Wednesday when I go get her again. So just me again for a few days.

Monday morning I am going to weigh myself again and measure in several places and then put the sclae away for 30 days and do it again at the end of the shred for the first 30 days. I don't want to know any numbers in between.

Hope everyone is having a good saturday and thats it's as nice a day where you are as it is here!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:13 PM   #81  
Post-Master

Alannah.....I think you have an excellent plan for successfully tackling the shred. The clae can be so evil and bring you down so bad.......and working out hard everyday makes you feel so good, so why compromise the good vibes. I was thrilled that I had any loss at all after my 30 days, cuz I KNOW I built some muscle, and I was sure the amount of musslce I gained would outweigh the fat I had lost. I was so happy to see a loss. Best of luck to you, I just know you will be happy with your decision to start working out
XOXO
Old 09-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #82  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Thanks Nicole for the vote of confidence. I did put the shred dvd in today and watched the level 1 workout just so I know kinda what to expect on Monday morning. I know already those squats will be the end of me - but I can do it. I am also going to be walking some as well. I live at the bottom of a very steep long hill and although I may not tackle the actual hill the first few days, once I actually get to that point it'll also help the leg muscles too. When I say steep hill, trust me I mean steep lol but if I want my mail I have to go up it to get it and I've made a deal with myself that I only get my mail if I walk there.

I am looking forward to it but I really think I am looking forward to being able to put me first for the first time in years. I'll have no excuses cause I won't have work to worry about for awhile and I'll have the time to devote to ME. What a novel concept

I am planning to get some pics done over the next week I hope as well so I have some "before" pics to have even just for myself. If I get any decent ones I will post them here or on FB, even just to show the new "do" and color I got on Thursday. I am a redhead with blond streaks now

Guess thats it for me tonight...I'll be here again tomorrow.
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #83  
Post-Master

Good morning friends

I am happy to report that I shredded this a.m.......day five of my second phase of the shred. I lost 5.4 lbs the first 30 days, and I am happy to report another 1.6 lb loss as of today's WI. I weighed myself after my morning coffee, and a big glass of water, and my workout.....so there may be a better loss......but it doesn't really matter......the downward trend is what I am shooting for, and I am hitting that target! Yay me.....

My shoulders are very sore, and I keep worrying that I might injure myself, but I am trying to be safe, and the days I think I might be too sore to work out, I do it anyway....and I think the strength I am building will eventually overcome tghe chances for injury........that is my hope anyway

I have to tel l you, level three is a really tough ab workout for me. Which is good, after 5 pregnancies, and one C-section, this tummy needs all the help it can get. I just keep crossing my fingers that my tummy muscles aren't over stretched. I have heard that that can happen, and no matter how much you strengthen them, they will always be icky. Does anyone know if there is any truth to that?

Ok, time to dry my hair and get something done in ths house. Have a great day, everyone, and get ready for some Green Bay Packers tonight!!! Woooohooo!!!!
XOXO