Old 09-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #16  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Ahhh, I am going to have to find Jillian Michaels on twitter.

Katie.....so happy/sorry that DH is working I hear ou though....my Scott and I are always day dreaming of how nice it would be if he didn't have to work, and how many exciting things we would enjoy doing together. Your poor little girl......that is some serious upset when vomitting is involved. It will be no time before they all adjust, and your DH will feel very fulfilled working again.....even though I am sure he'd rather spend his time home with you

Ok, coffee break will be over in a few and I have to check FB
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:19 PM   #17  
Amy

Hi Kimberly!!! How are you?? Haven't seen you in a while!!

How is your family?
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #18  
Amy

So, for dinner tonight I made "Chicken with Apples and Cider" from one of my WW cookbooks. I was a little apprehenive when I was making it, but it was FANTASTIC. YUM.

I am making 4 out of 5 dinners this week out of that book, and I am batting 3 for 3! I made burgers last night, but they COMPLETELY fell apart, so I just made them up like sloppy joes. They were FABULOUS. Oh, and I have lost 6 lbs!!

I was on vacay last week and ate horribly, and weighed in at 251 (!!!!!!!!) on Saturday, and was 245 this morning. I've been OP since Sunday and I feel like a million bucks!!
Old 09-09-2009, 07:38 AM   #19  
Post-Master

Good morning girls and boy

Well, I WI this a.m., and the outcome of doing the Shred for 30 days, and eating in moderation is a loss of 5.4 lbs. I did not lose anything this last week, but that is fine with me. I am sure I must have gained some muscle along the way, and to still have a loss of anything is pretty satisfying. I am going to make a bit better of an effort this week to keep my carbs a bit lower, and increase my veggies, but other than that, I plan on doing the same things this week that I have been doing for the last 4 weeks......it seems to have been working.

Congrats, JerseyAmy on your loss, and your new found sense of hope. I am so happy for you....it feels so good to get back on track. What kind of job did you apply for, by the way? I must have missed something along the way.

Ok,. time to shred.......I think I am going to do level one today.....why not, right?
XOXO
Old 09-09-2009, 08:34 AM   #20  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning all. workout and shower done. having a bar and some iced green tea before DS gets here for the day.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:30 AM   #21  

Height: 5'6

YAYYYYYYY! The wait is Almost over! After a year of fixing FH's credit and working hard to pay down our debts we got our mortgage pre-approval!

Now I get to go house hunting! Weeeeeeee! I am excited but soooo stressed! This is a big comittment! And I don't want to end up house poor cause I want the big shiny house!

I am going to be poor though, a house, wedding, and everything that comes with those!

On the weight loss front...I am up after the 4 day weekend, no shocker...hopefully can get back down by Friday...
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:59 AM   #22  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Kristin- Wow! How exciting. GL with the house hunting, sounds like you are already in the right mindset.

Nicole- Good job, you are so inspiring! You have really stuck this out, and it has really paid off. Do you feel a difference in your clothes?

JerseyAmy- Way to go!

Jillian- Hope you and your little man have a good day. Why were you so excited yesterday? Also, did you ever get your cards?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:01 AM   #23  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I have got to make bread, peach jam, and finish canning my peaches this morning so that I can get going on pears this afternoon. My kids are killing me with this stuff, they are so hard to keep on track. This afternoon I need them to go out and pick all of our apples. I am wondering if I can keep them moving in the right direction.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:02 AM   #24  
Post-Master

Katie......isn't it so hard to keep them helping? I have some days that are better than others, but most of the time I'd prefer to do it myself.....but, like you, I always have too much on my plate, and it is physically impossible to get it all done alone. The hardest part for me is trying to teach them that thye need to help because it is the right thing to do.....and that no, they are not going to get paid, and no, there is no reward.....just the satisfaction of a job well done, and a smile and a hug from their mama. It gets so frustrating when there are so many over indulged kids out there. don't get me wrong, I do my share of child ruining....but I do so want them to understand that family helps each other out, cuz that is what family's do. Anyway.......have to get back to work here
XOXO
Old 09-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #25  
Amy

Morning guys! (I have one more minute til noon to say that!)

Nicole- I applied for a state/govt job with the VEC (Virginia Employment Commission) in May, and its finally coming along now! I went on te interview a week or so ago, and it went well. I filled out the papers for my credit and background check and am waiting for the call. I was starting to get nervous, but one of my references called me last nightto tell me that she had been called yesterday, so it's in the works!!

Katie- you're amazing! Do you ever get tired??! Haha!

Jillina- good for you keeping up with your workouts! Hoe do you make your greentea? I use 4 green tea bags and one flavored black one, add about 1/4c sugar and juice from half a lemon. Of course that sugar is cut WAY down from the original recipe, but I don't mind unsweetened tea, so it doesn't bother me.

Kristin- Way to go! That's awesome about the house!! I don't know about Canada, but there are a TON of foreclosures here in the States... we got a STEAL on ours!

Nicole- Way to go with the SHred! I HATE exercising!! But then again, since it's getting cooler, we're starting up tennis again!!

Since I'll probably be working soon, I am trying to enjoy my last few days at home. I went to DH's office yesterday and took him lunch, and will probably do the same today. Why not?

Tonight's dinner is another WW recipe.. tuna caserole. I am kind of excited about this as I LOVED it when my mom made it growing up. I am sure hers was not weightloss friendly...

Laters!
Old 09-09-2009, 12:46 PM   #26  

Height: 5'6

Nope, not too many foreclosures here. I don't think that's been an issue in Canada at all, but I know that housing prices haven't dropped at all and have actually risen in my province.
I hate to say it as I might jinx myself but the only effect I am seeing of a recession is on my RRSP. I'm one of the lucky ones!

Hello to everyone else! I am TRYING to focus on weight loss and exercise but life is just so crazy! It is hard On one hand I want the wedding to just get here and be married...on the other I need more time to lose the weight and prepare!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:46 PM   #27  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Hello All.

I don't want to talk about the weekend and the weight gain.

Congrats Kristen on the house approval and good luck in the hunting.

JerseyMadchen: Congrats on the WL. Sorry your vacation sucked! I was in VB back in June and it was o.k. I was just doing a drop in from a trip I was taking. Didn't get to enjoy the beach. I do remember the restaurant food was terrible.

Katie: I don't see how you have enough time in the day for all that food preparation, but I bet it is well worth the effort during the winter months.

Well, I'm going to need a lot of will power to get back down to where I was before I fell off the wagon this weekend.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:31 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 165/151/130

Height: 5'4

I feel good today. I feel like I'm back...

Kristen - good luck with the house hunting. My DH and I purchased our first home in Oct 97, got married in Apr 98. We were broke for a few years, but it was well worth it. We just busted our butts to get the finances back in order and are in good shape now. As long as you both are working toward the same goal, it all comes together.

Jersey - good for you getting rid of the "vacation gain" in a few days! My vacation was the second week in July, and I'm still working on those 3 lbs!

So I was planning to begin the 30 day Shred on Monday, didn't actually do it until tonight. I think I may have damaged my knees, but it's hard to say....my thighs are so sore I think they're blocking the nerve messages from my knees to my brain and I really need to get in the shower, but the thought of lifting my arms to wash my hair is keeping me from it. I'm sure it'll be better tomorrow, or maybe next week...

You're all doing great, my Tennessee Titans play the Steelers tomorrow, and I finally started that Shred. Life is good.

Going to force myself into the shower now, have a great evening and keep at it!
AJinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #29  
Post-Master

A.J.......you can skip a lot of the jumping to insure you don't hurt your knees. I do the squatting punches instead of jumproping, and half time front high leg lifts instead of jumping jacks. Also, when I first started and thought I was going into caridac arrest, I would just march around my family room, to keep moving, but not pass out. I was so sore the first three days, I could barely sit on the toilet. It is sooo much better now....and my knees are better too, now that my legs are stronger. Listen to your body, and if something doesn't feel right on your joints, not just muscle fatique, then find a replacement move......but DO NOT QUIT!!!! You will be amazed......by next week this time, you will almost beable to keep up. I promise.....I hadn't worked out hard in almost 8 years......and now I feel STRONG!!!!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:18 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 165/151/130

Height: 5'4

Nicole - you're awesome, thanks for the kind words. Have a great night all!
AJinTN is offline   Reply With Quote