Realistic goals

• I’m sure this has been posted somewhere on this site, but I couldn’t find it! I have a general question about realistic goals and mini-goals.

What is healthy?

What isn’t?

I’m maid of honor in a wedding on October 24th, so I want to lose as much weight as possible, and my 23rd birthday is 5 days later, so I’m going to reward myself with a fantastic night out with my best friend and possibly a new tattoo (something I want REALLY bad.) I want to lose about 85 to 90 pounds altogether, depending on how I look and feel, and I know it will take a great deal of time to do this. I also know it differs from person to person, but I want to lose weight the healthy way and to keep it off with a total life change. I just need to know what’s bordering dangerous when it comes to losing too much weight too quickly. Any advice?
  • I've heard 1-2 lbs. a week and I've heard 1% of your body weight a week. Regardless of what actually happens on the scale, what is healthy is to eat healthy foods, exercise, and create a healthy calorie deficit. To ensure you get all the necessary nutrients, you should not go under 1200 calories without the supervision of a qualified doctor.
  • Thanks for the advice! It sounds good to me