3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Hi, I'm new here and Starting EFS or FSD on 8/23/09 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/179686-hi-im-new-here-starting-efs-fsd-8-23-09-a.html)

Lady TK 08-20-2009 05:14 PM

Hi, I'm new here and Starting EFS or FSD on 8/23/09

I haven't made up my mind which one I want to start with cuz I'm not too thrilled about 9 days with no meat:D. IU wonder if Fish is allowed in Phase 1 of the FSD :chin:I'm waiting on the books to come in, I've ordered both and I'm thinking they should be here by Saturday. I'm going to do some food shopping this weekend also. I currently work out for an hour 4 days per week in the gym.

My starting weight is 233 and I am 5'11"...Let's see how this works out.:)

RMatS 08-20-2009 07:08 PM

Welcome and keep us posted. You can do this!

yesimhappilymarried 08-20-2009 10:16 PM

Hey! Good to meet cha! I'm sorry to say there is no fish allowed in phase 1 but I didn't really miss the meat anyway. Basically if you want to loose more than 15-20 lbs, then do the Fat Smash Diet. If not, do EFS. Get lots of veggies! :)

Lady TK 08-21-2009 09:26 AM

Thanx for the insight Happily Married. I have been reading up on it and I think the FSD would be more feasible. I want to lose 45 - 55 lbs. I'd actually be comfy at even 45.

Lady TK 08-24-2009 09:01 AM

Ok, I actually started today...8/24/09. So...wish me luck!

Becky1980 08-24-2009 01:44 PM

Day one

Today I have decided to start the EFSD again. I did it once last summer and it worked great. I have a problem with my ovaries which makes it very difficult to keep weight off, not to mention lose it. At my heaviest I have been 210, at my lowest (over ten years ago) I was 135. Right now I am at 180, and measure 5'8". After seeing myself in a bathing suit three times last week I was disgusted and embarrassed at how I looked. I have a wedding in 40 days and need to lose some weight (15-20 pounds) before then. My goal is to lose 40 pounds in total. I looked great at 150, but excellent at 140. Since I'm tall I am able to hide my weight pretty well. I have decided to do the gamma version of the diet.
I wish everyone luck. I have never been part of an online blog community. I am hoping to find support here.

p.s. I am also 9 days strong without smoking. I decided to quit and that was it. It was hard since I have been smoking for over ten years.

walking2lose 08-25-2009 07:55 PM

Hi girls!

I started EFS yesterday for the first time. I have about 20 lbs. total to lose, and nothing is budging with me, so I decided to get serious - this is it.

Day 1 and 2 were tough but doable. I am used to eating much more, and yes, I've been hungry, but it's manageable. I'm quite motivated.

I hope everyone will keep this post going, as I really do need the motivation of others and the ACCOUNTABILITY. I know I will need it more in a few days when the going gets rough.

Becky - don't be too hard on yourself! We can do this! And stay strong with the no smoking!!!

Becky1980 08-25-2009 08:00 PM

I'm so happy to see a post on this thread. Are you following an exercise plan? Are you doing the one in the book? I have decided to change the exercise suggestions up since I began the P090x workout as well yesterday. I need/want to look damn good for this upcoming wedding. haha
The wedding will be my first goal. The second wedding will be my second goal. I really have a ton of clothes in my closet that I just can't fit into anymore!

Lady TK 08-26-2009 10:17 AM

So here I am on day 3....I don't know if anyone else has experienced this on the diet in Phase 1, but I'm really gassy. Knocking myself out over here. I'm not sure if it's something I ate or what. For the past few days I've been feasting on raw broccoli, carrot sticks, oatmeal, fruit, green tea and water water water. I did have some vegetarian baked beans...maybe that could be it, so I opted out of beans for lunch today.

I really want some crackers or something. I wasn't sure if we could eat them during phase 1.

walking2lose 08-26-2009 09:21 PM

Hi girls - Becky, I 100% relate to the clothes in the closet being too small. I have almost nothing for work that fits, and I teach, and we start school next week. PS90x (whatever it's called) is tough! I have a friend who does it. You should be looking great soon if you keep pushing yourself with that.

I am also modifying the exercise a bit - today I only did 25 minutes instead of 55, so tomorrow I have to work out on a rest day. Otherwise I am sticking VERY closely to it and have not cheated.

Lady, sounds like you are doing well, except for the gas - lol!! I would be gassy too eating all of that. I turned 41 this year and have noticed that I am gassier in general - due to age I guess. Eek. I have not really had any problems though with EFS. I'm doing extreme not regular fast smash and am actually not too familiar with the original FS phases. In EFS we do 2 cycles. I am brand new to this and will only be on day 4 tomorrow of the 1st cycle. I do plan to do all 3 cycles.

It's tough - I've been hungry and a bit weak. I'm used to eating mostly whole foods and healthy foods but definitely much more quantity than I am getting with this. I plan to stick with it though and am very motivated. Enough is enough!

Stay strong, ladies! I'll check back in tomorrow.

walking2lose 08-26-2009 09:25 PM

Lady - I'm not sure about the crackers, but in the Extreme Fat Smash book (what I'm following), we are allowed 2 snacks a day. One of the snacks is a stick of string cheese with crackers. He lists it exactly as "1 ounce string cheese with 4 whole wheat crackers." I had this on day 1 as a snack. I love cheese, so it was satisfying.

Another snack is 6 Wheat Thins with 2 teaspoons of peanut butter, but on cycle 1, which I'm on, you are not allowed peanut butter.

Hope this helps.

windsong548 08-26-2009 09:45 PM

Lady, lemon water really helps with digestive issues. You may want to see if that gives you some relief. Also, Phazine (sp??) an OTC is good as well. The good news is once you get through Phase 1 your tummy will settle down a bit. Good luck!!!

Lady TK 08-27-2009 09:43 AM

Someone suggested I take these pills called "Beano" Apparently ur supposed to take 2-3 pills right before ur first bite of problem food...I took 2...it did nothing..LOL I'll try the lemon juice and see if that helps.

I'm on Day 4 here...5 more to go. I see that we're allowed cheese in the EFS..but I'm just doing FS..can we have cheese in Phase 1?? And I LOVE Wheat Thins!!! I probably shouldn't eat them on this diet tho cuz I'd SO over do it!!! I could sit here and eat an entire box!! LOL

walking2lose 08-27-2009 10:50 AM

Day 4 for me of EFS. I was trying to be disciplined and wait until the end of day 7 to weigh, but I weighed this morning and was pleased to see almost 3 lbs. gone. I'm sure some of that is water weight, but if I lose 3 a week, I'll be happy. I'm being very strict and trying hard not to cheat.

Lady - years ago I took the beano drops, and they worked pretty well. Not sure about the pills. Good luck with the lemon water.

I am curious about original FS. I may need to get that book as well and compare. Remember the wheat thin snack is on EFS snack list - not sure if they are the same, but I would assume similar.

Have a good day today girls!!

yesimhappilymarried 08-27-2009 01:44 PM

Trust me- I was really gassy too for phase 1. Haha it was really funny actually. It will go away soon. If you happen to watch Celebrity Fit Club, Da Brat was complaining how she couldn't stop farting either. Its basically just all the fiber. Nothing like some good healthy toots to get ya going in the mornin! LOL

2bfit4life 08-27-2009 03:10 PM

I have been on fsd since July 2/09. I've lost 11 lbs of my 16 lbs goal. I am currently in phase 3 but have hit a major plateau. I think I've slacked a bit and gained a lb. In the book, Dr. Smith recommends going back to phase 1 for a few days to kick start the metabolism again. I've honestly tried but I find it extremely difficult to go back to basics when I found the 9 days long and extremely hard. I'm wondering if I should switch to EFS since I only have 5 lbs to lose. Has anyone experienced this dilemma or faced a plateau that was difficult to break.

nurseliz04 08-28-2009 01:34 PM

Hi Fat Smashers! This is my third time doing this diet...I tend to lose with it, then go back to bad habits of cake and cookies...it really works, though. Great to see results with it! Don't forget the fruits and veggies are UNLIMITED! If you find yourself weak, or hungry, pop some grapes in or a spinach/strawberry salad can really help. You can have saltine (I think 4 per day) crackers in Phase 1 with low fat cheese...I eat the string cheese, reduced fat. Brown rice with beans and veggies and jalapenos are great if you feel weak. I made the lentils with mushrooms and asparagus last night...was amazing! The gas I think comes from all the fiber in the fruits and veggies...you're detoxing! Yay! Good luck!

walking2lose 08-28-2009 09:25 PM

Welcome 2B and NurseLiz!

I am almost finished with day 5 of Cycle 1 - Extreme Fat Smash. I struggled today with just wanting FOOD but since I was at work all day I didn't have a lot of temptation around me. Thank goodness.

Yesterday was my rest day and today was supposed to be double workout (30 in morning, 30 in afternoon). I knew I would be exhausted and time pressed, so I worked out 2x yesterday instead (30 minute Jillian 30 day shred, and a 50 minute bike ride later). I hope it's ok to mix it up like this. The first 3 days I was almost 100% faithful to the printed diet.

I just want to make it for the full 3 cycles (3 weeks).

Stay strong ladies! We can do this.

walking2lose 08-30-2009 12:47 PM

Happy Sunday!

Where is everyone?

I am on day 7 (!!!!) of cycle one! I have lost about 3 lbs., hopefully 3.5 by tomorrow morning's weigh in.

I did great all week, except for yesterday. Day 6 was not good for me. I stuck to the eating almost, but had 2-3 bites of cake. I had not slept more than 2 hours the night before - I was so tired I didn't do the work out.

I slept great today, so I plan to do intense exercise today (well, intense for me).

Hope everyone is doing well!

I start EFS Cycle 2 tomorrow.

Lady TK 08-31-2009 10:18 AM

The weekend wasn't TOO bad...I cheated a bit and had yellow rice instead of brown and 2 drinks on Saturday night cuz I went to a bday party at some club. Yesterday was very much off cuz I slept half the day away and didn't have breakfast (a bowl of unsweetened Corn Chex with skim milk) until noon..so my entire eating schedule was blown. And Lord knows I wanted some meat so bad yesterday..I was thinking hot dogs, pork dumplings, cheese burgers, u name it!!! LOL I had a Veggie Burger instead.

I'm on Day 8/P1 today...I'm debating whether to drag it out at least 2 more days.

What do u guys think??

Lady TK 08-31-2009 11:05 AM

Oh..BTW...8lbs down so far!! :carrot:

nurseliz04 08-31-2009 11:55 AM

Don't give up ladies! Had a 14 hour day at work yesterday and was dying for a rum and diet coke! But, I resisted and had some amazing brown rice mixed with the lentil, asparagus, mushroom soup I had made a few days ago. Today, I had a really good egg white mixture with peppers, mushrooms, onion and spinach with melted cheese stick. Need to go run...on day 5 of P1! 4 more to go...who knew Boca burgers were amazing! With sauteed onion, mushrooms and garlic! DH melted a cheese stick on his yesterday...need to try it today...been doing great with having "stuff" with me at work...fruit, veggies, nuts...never let myself get hungry!! That's my rule this week! Working out daily...did 120 pushups yesterday...(not all at once...started with 5 at the top of the hour, then 10 the next hour and so on). Lady TK, don't beat yourself up about the cheats...it happens..just continue on..I wouldn't stop or start over...you might get discouraged and quit all together if you do...just carry on! Walking2lose...ahhhhh cake...what I'd give....how was the workout today? I think I'm officially inspired to go for a run..thanks ladies! Talk to you soon!

BTW...down 6 pounds!!!! whoohoo!

Matilda08 08-31-2009 12:07 PM

Hello all! I did this diet a few times myself last april I did it for the first time and lost 12lbs during detox. This diet is great and it helped me knock out cravings but its mostly a mind thing. Im going to start it on the 4th and see how it goes. I workout regularly so Im expecting to see some major results Ill keep you all posted!

walking2lose 08-31-2009 04:08 PM

Welcome Matilda!

Great job, Liz and Lady! Down 8 and 6 lbs.... WOOT! Me, I just finished Cycle 1 on EFS and am down about 4 in 7 days. I'm thrilled and motivated to continue. Today is day one of Cycle 2.

I have a couple of questions for anyone else doing EFS. For cycle 2, he says you can have 3 tablespoons of cottage cheese per day - is that in addition to the 4 meals and 2 snacks OR is it in place of one of the snacks?

Thanks! Be healthy!

joyc21 09-01-2009 02:11 PM

Trying to Get Motivated

Hello Ladies.

Today I am on Day 2, Cycle 1 of EFS. I did EFS about 2 years ago and had great results. I also tried doing the regular FS, but I found it difficult to get through the detox phase without cheating.

Anyway, I have gained about 15 lbs. and I've been trying for months to get back on the plan and stick with it. Unfortunately, I'm having a very hard time getting and STAYING motivated to eat the right foods. So now I'm taking it one day at a time. I made it through Day 1 (which is always the hardest day for me) without cheating at all and I'm halfway through today :)......Wish me luck!

walking2lose 09-01-2009 10:19 PM

Joy, you can do it.

Tomorrow is Day 3 of Cycle 2 for me.

Lady TK 09-02-2009 08:58 AM

Phase 1 is FINALLY over!!!! :carrot: I've lost a total of 10lbs!!!! I've decided to move on to Phase 2, but sparingly.

Come on Ladies!!!!! We can DO IT!!!!!!

Matilda08 09-02-2009 09:43 AM

Congrats lady TK Ill be starting the detox right after labor day!

joyc21 09-02-2009 03:51 PM

Congrats Lady TK! Keep up the good work.

I'm halfway through EFS day 3 and so far it's been the easiest. I still have to give myself little "pep talks" to remind myself why I am doing this and that it will be worth it in the end.

nurseliz04 09-02-2009 03:58 PM

Congratulations Lady TK!!!!! I'm so happy for you! I'm on day 7 P1; almost cheated this morning with (of all things to cheat with) my son's lunchable nachos! Ewww! Worked a night last night and came home with cravings...had a cheese stick and saltines instead; just woke up and made an amazing fried rice and some navy bean soup. Yum! Two more days! I can do this, right? My workouts have been great...running daily. Ended up running 5K the other day and a mile and a half yesterday. Pushups every hour on the hour at work! It's great 'cause I've got everyone doing them! Have a great day!
Liz

nurseliz04 09-02-2009 03:59 PM

It's really going to be tough this weekend....camping....oh, marshmallows...why do you have to be so bad! We'll see how it goes!

walking2lose 09-02-2009 11:59 PM

Man, I love marshmallows!

Stay strong, Liz. Hopefully you can get in one of your great runs or a hike. Have fun!

walking2lose 09-03-2009 07:47 AM

I changed my ticker to reflect loss.

Day 4, Cycle 2.

Onward!! Have a good day, ladies!

SmileyC 09-06-2009 07:46 AM

congratz LadyTK...and walkingtolose !!!!

Even tho my day 9 was yesterday i'm pushin for a couple of more days in phase 1...:woohoo: unfortunately we have people here for the weekend so I couldn't get the scale out and weigh in...Keep going ladies, your such inspiration.

nurseliz04 09-07-2009 10:48 PM

Well, I made it to Phase 2; I cheated once with a smore...ate healthy the entire camping trip until check out...went in the store to turn in gate key and got an ice-cream sandwich!!! Day 1 of P2 and I blew it! But then I got home and realized why I "had" to have that chocolate ice-cream..yep, that TOM!!!! So, I picked myself up and ran 4 miles last night and it was the best, most therapeutic run ever! I'm back on track and am holding steady at 135...lost a total of 6 pounds on P1. We'll see how P2 goes....what's with no Peanut butter on P2? I thought it was listed under the snack section for this phase?

Lady TK 09-08-2009 10:59 AM

Good day Ladies....

SO! Labor Day weekend was great all the way up until Yesterday..LOL Cookouts are never a good thing to do on a diet. I know I ate entirely too much. I had a piece of cake, 2 small pieces of grilled steak, a hot dog with the bun and a rib and it was all soooooooooooooo good. But after it was all said and done I drank some dieter's tea and completed cleansing this morning. So now its back on the wagon.

The summer is done, no more cookouts and no more food holidays till Thanksgiving..LOL I should be ok.

Have a great day ladies!!

Matilda08 09-08-2009 11:20 AM

Hello ladies this weekend was the worst even though I didnt start the diet Ive been doing my own healthy was of eating and over the weekend I pigged out lol

Im starting phase one today and so far Ive done ok. I need to visit the grocery store again though to pick up more salad. So next wednesday will be the end of my detox Ill keep you guys posted. Wish me luck!

joyc21 09-08-2009 02:46 PM

Hi ladies.......I made it through the weekend and I did pretty good. I didn't stick exactly to the plan b/c I was out and about for most of the weekend, but I made mostly good choices in spite of that......I'm now on Day 2 of Cycle 2 and feeling very motivated. I lost 4 lbs. on cycle 1, and my goal is to be out of the 190s by this time next week (even if I'm at 189.9 :)..........Good luck to all of you and keep working hard!