Old 08-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 146/135/130

Height: 5'4"

I have been on fsd since July 2/09. I've lost 11 lbs of my 16 lbs goal. I am currently in phase 3 but have hit a major plateau. I think I've slacked a bit and gained a lb. In the book, Dr. Smith recommends going back to phase 1 for a few days to kick start the metabolism again. I've honestly tried but I find it extremely difficult to go back to basics when I found the 9 days long and extremely hard. I'm wondering if I should switch to EFS since I only have 5 lbs to lose. Has anyone experienced this dilemma or faced a plateau that was difficult to break.
2bfit4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:34 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 175/135/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Fat Smashers! This is my third time doing this diet...I tend to lose with it, then go back to bad habits of cake and cookies...it really works, though. Great to see results with it! Don't forget the fruits and veggies are UNLIMITED! If you find yourself weak, or hungry, pop some grapes in or a spinach/strawberry salad can really help. You can have saltine (I think 4 per day) crackers in Phase 1 with low fat cheese...I eat the string cheese, reduced fat. Brown rice with beans and veggies and jalapenos are great if you feel weak. I made the lentils with mushrooms and asparagus last night...was amazing! The gas I think comes from all the fiber in the fruits and veggies...you're detoxing! Yay! Good luck!
nurseliz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Welcome 2B and NurseLiz!

I am almost finished with day 5 of Cycle 1 - Extreme Fat Smash. I struggled today with just wanting FOOD but since I was at work all day I didn't have a lot of temptation around me. Thank goodness.

Yesterday was my rest day and today was supposed to be double workout (30 in morning, 30 in afternoon). I knew I would be exhausted and time pressed, so I worked out 2x yesterday instead (30 minute Jillian 30 day shred, and a 50 minute bike ride later). I hope it's ok to mix it up like this. The first 3 days I was almost 100% faithful to the printed diet.

I just want to make it for the full 3 cycles (3 weeks).

Stay strong ladies! We can do this.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:47 PM   #19  

Happy Sunday!

Where is everyone?

I am on day 7 (!!!!) of cycle one! I have lost about 3 lbs., hopefully 3.5 by tomorrow morning's weigh in.

I did great all week, except for yesterday. Day 6 was not good for me. I stuck to the eating almost, but had 2-3 bites of cake. I had not slept more than 2 hours the night before - I was so tired I didn't do the work out.

I slept great today, so I plan to do intense exercise today (well, intense for me).

Hope everyone is doing well!

I start EFS Cycle 2 tomorrow.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:18 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 233/223/175

Height: 5'11"

The weekend wasn't TOO bad...I cheated a bit and had yellow rice instead of brown and 2 drinks on Saturday night cuz I went to a bday party at some club. Yesterday was very much off cuz I slept half the day away and didn't have breakfast (a bowl of unsweetened Corn Chex with skim milk) until noon..so my entire eating schedule was blown. And Lord knows I wanted some meat so bad yesterday..I was thinking hot dogs, pork dumplings, cheese burgers, u name it!!! LOL I had a Veggie Burger instead.

I'm on Day 8/P1 today...I'm debating whether to drag it out at least 2 more days.

What do u guys think??
Lady TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:05 AM   #21  

Oh..BTW...8lbs down so far!!
Old 08-31-2009, 11:55 AM   #22  

Don't give up ladies! Had a 14 hour day at work yesterday and was dying for a rum and diet coke! But, I resisted and had some amazing brown rice mixed with the lentil, asparagus, mushroom soup I had made a few days ago. Today, I had a really good egg white mixture with peppers, mushrooms, onion and spinach with melted cheese stick. Need to go run...on day 5 of P1! 4 more to go...who knew Boca burgers were amazing! With sauteed onion, mushrooms and garlic! DH melted a cheese stick on his yesterday...need to try it today...been doing great with having "stuff" with me at work...fruit, veggies, nuts...never let myself get hungry!! That's my rule this week! Working out daily...did 120 pushups yesterday...(not all at once...started with 5 at the top of the hour, then 10 the next hour and so on). Lady TK, don't beat yourself up about the cheats...it happens..just continue on..I wouldn't stop or start over...you might get discouraged and quit all together if you do...just carry on! Walking2lose...ahhhhh cake...what I'd give....how was the workout today? I think I'm officially inspired to go for a run..thanks ladies! Talk to you soon!

BTW...down 6 pounds!!!! whoohoo!
Old 08-31-2009, 12:07 PM   #23  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Hello all! I did this diet a few times myself last april I did it for the first time and lost 12lbs during detox. This diet is great and it helped me knock out cravings but its mostly a mind thing. Im going to start it on the 4th and see how it goes. I workout regularly so Im expecting to see some major results Ill keep you all posted!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:08 PM   #24  

Welcome Matilda!

Great job, Liz and Lady! Down 8 and 6 lbs.... WOOT! Me, I just finished Cycle 1 on EFS and am down about 4 in 7 days. I'm thrilled and motivated to continue. Today is day one of Cycle 2.

I have a couple of questions for anyone else doing EFS. For cycle 2, he says you can have 3 tablespoons of cottage cheese per day - is that in addition to the 4 meals and 2 snacks OR is it in place of one of the snacks?

Thanks! Be healthy!
Old 09-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/158

Height: 5ft 7in

Default Trying to Get Motivated

Hello Ladies.

Today I am on Day 2, Cycle 1 of EFS. I did EFS about 2 years ago and had great results. I also tried doing the regular FS, but I found it difficult to get through the detox phase without cheating.

Anyway, I have gained about 15 lbs. and I've been trying for months to get back on the plan and stick with it. Unfortunately, I'm having a very hard time getting and STAYING motivated to eat the right foods. So now I'm taking it one day at a time. I made it through Day 1 (which is always the hardest day for me) without cheating at all and I'm halfway through today ......Wish me luck!
joyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:19 PM   #26  

Joy, you can do it.

Tomorrow is Day 3 of Cycle 2 for me.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:58 AM   #27  

Phase 1 is FINALLY over!!!! I've lost a total of 10lbs!!!! I've decided to move on to Phase 2, but sparingly.

Come on Ladies!!!!! We can DO IT!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 09:43 AM   #28  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Congrats lady TK Ill be starting the detox right after labor day!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:51 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/158

Height: 5ft 7in

Congrats Lady TK! Keep up the good work.

I'm halfway through EFS day 3 and so far it's been the easiest. I still have to give myself little "pep talks" to remind myself why I am doing this and that it will be worth it in the end.
joyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #30  

Congratulations Lady TK!!!!! I'm so happy for you! I'm on day 7 P1; almost cheated this morning with (of all things to cheat with) my son's lunchable nachos! Ewww! Worked a night last night and came home with cravings...had a cheese stick and saltines instead; just woke up and made an amazing fried rice and some navy bean soup. Yum! Two more days! I can do this, right? My workouts have been great...running daily. Ended up running 5K the other day and a mile and a half yesterday. Pushups every hour on the hour at work! It's great 'cause I've got everyone doing them! Have a great day!
Liz