3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Personal Weight Loss Binder (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/178945-personal-weight-loss-binder.html)

SweetMama 08-11-2009 06:21 PM

Personal Weight Loss Binder

I'm thinking of making making a weight loss binder to keep a physical record of my favorite recipes, weigh in's and measurements, and maybe some before and after stories for inspiration. Has anyone made their own personal binder? What's in yours?

kaplods 08-11-2009 06:34 PM

Daily weight log
Weight loss sticker charts (and "rewards" I've planned for each 5 lbs lost, and a slightly larger reward for every 20 lbs).
Exercise sticker chart
Inspiration section (mostly before and after bios from my TOPS magazine, of women whose starting weight was within about 40 lbs of my own)
Food & Menu section
Daily goal list, schedule, and symptom log (helps me see patterns of my health flares)
Daily Food log (check of boxes for my exchange plan, and place to write the food, time, and calories)
General journal (diary-like)
Folder for magazine articles

canadianangel 08-11-2009 07:20 PM

I have one.. i use it as a visual, and it helps keep me on track...i carry it in my purse, and i love it, when ppl ask me how much i have lost, and i pull out and they see the before and current pics. i usually take a new pic on the 20th of the month.

ang

weightlosswanted 08-11-2009 08:45 PM

great idea, I'll need to put one together myself! any good sites to find charts, logs etc? Or did ya'll create your own?

canadianangel 08-11-2009 08:59 PM

i created my own, i went to walmart and got a 8 X8 or something like that scrapbook, that i can add pages to

ang

dixied 08-11-2009 10:00 PM

Workout log, recipes, food journal, charts logging my miles ran, my measurements, before and after pictures. I just put mine into a regular binder. I do my charts in MS excel.

iaradajnos 08-12-2009 09:30 PM

Nice discussion. I love my own "handy dandy notebook".

In January, I bought a small, fat notebook. I wanted to track my daily food groups, itemized food items, itemized calories, total meal calories, total food groups (i.e., total number of servings of vegetables, total number of servings of fruit). (Inspired by Richard Simmons)

I then added at the bottom of the page my exercise (activity name/type and how many minutes). I bought a calorie burner tracker thing and used that for my timed sessions (not my daily walking and biking which I use as extras).

In the back, I've been logging:
1) a grid of columns to mark off each day completed from Jan 20 until August 20 (goal and vacation)
2) monthly measurements
3) monthly weight totals
4) favorite original recipes
5) list of favorite exercises for on-my-own aerobics (30 kinds so far)
6) now I'm logging my weekly Taylor Body Fat Scale readings (total weight, bone mass, body fat percentage, lean muscle mass, water percentage).

Can't wait to see what else other folks are doing.
Best wishes...

dcapulet 08-12-2009 10:20 PM

wow, what a great idea! i never thought of something like this...

kaplods, i'm going to totally bite off your style and create one like yours. hope you don't mind! ;)