Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 03:38 PM   #121  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Im melting!

I am going to be away for a while folks.

I was reminded today that the stress that I was feeling the last month or so helped make me sick. I dont have time to be sick, I dont want to be sick, but I am

I am no longer sleeping like I was.

Life is too short for this sh*t. So I am on a journey the next couple weeks to get my ducks all back in a row, get my eating back to where it needs to be, and get back to the gym. Most importantly....enjoy this glorious life.

Be back in September

I need to apply this to my daily life....not even so much my business.
Quote:
“People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.” - Zig Ziglar

Last edited by RobinW; 08-17-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:24 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Life is too short to waste, right? Good luck Robin!!
Old 08-17-2009, 09:12 PM   #123  

Cool Monday, Monday

This week I’m going to re-jigger my exercise plan somewhat. Here’s what I’m planning:
Mon / Fri: Yoga (15m), Core (15m), Walk Moose (17m), Elliptical (7m)
Tues / Thurs: Upper Body (30m), Walk Moose (17m)
Wed: Yoga (15m), Lower Body (15m), Walk Moose (17m), Elliptical (7m)
Sat/Sun: 52+ minutes / 400-600 calories of whatever makes DH and I happy
I’ll optionally add in kayaking whenever I can.
We did throw in a kayak ride after dinner tonight. It was so hot and muggy here, the sky was bluish gray and almost foggy. The water was still, with creepy reflections. DH commented that my paddling had improved over years past; he can hardly keep up.
We put in a whole house fan last year and haven’t used an air conditioner since then. Tonight we broke down and put the air conditioner in our bedroom window because it’s just oppressive. I think we'll do fine with the air conditioner though...
WI-up .4 lbs. Made a plan, read my cards. Food – op, Exercise – op (72m).
I have to do another fly-by, I’m afraid. DH wants to watch Mad Men, so I really will try to catch up over lunch tomorrow. G’night!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:44 PM   #124  
Practicing Imperfection

Hi All,
Resurfacing for a bit. . .lots of time in the studio. Zumba, credit. 5200+ steps, credit. Tracked food, credit. Walked out of drugstore without buying chips, credit.

Welcome Gardener Joy! I am a librarian as well.

Good night all, personals soon.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:07 PM   #125  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

BillBlueEyes: I love pesto cubes, too! Congrats on the healthy behaviors in a Mexican restaurant and thanks for sharing your techniques. Mexican restaurants are one of my downfalls.

eusebius: Yay for two pounds gone!
I grew up in a small town in Missouri on the Mississippi River. I came to St. Louis for college and stayed -- it feels like home.

kuhljeanie: Deer can be so destructive. Knock on wood, we haven't seen any. We have rabbits, but they didn't eat any of my veggies this year. I had some problems last year, so I planted marigolds around my veggies hoping that would repel the rabbits. It didn't work quite the way I planned -- the rabbits munched on the marigolds! But at least it wasn't my baby pepper plants.
Good job at the amusement park! And thanks for sharing your techniques and thoughts. Very helpful to me.

Nuxmaga: Thanks for the welcome and congrats on walking out of the drugstore with junk food -- that's a biggie for me!

Credit to me for not eating in the car on grocery day and for eating a little more slowly.

Last edited by gardenerjoy; 08-17-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:56 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 181/?/130

OK everyone, I am really mad at myself.

I went to a very upscale luncheon yesterday. I had no idea what they were going to serve but I figured I would just watch my portions. Yes, I ate some fruits and veggies - credit. But, I also ate a large serving of spinach dip. I did ok with the lunch part which is the funny thing. I served myself small portions and if I behaved the rest of the time, I would have been fine with what I did (except the spinach dip). But noooooooo! Then they served a chocolate fudge cupcake with strawberry cheesecake icing. Then about 2 hours later (it was a 5 hour deal), they served a small piece of cake. Did I eat both?? Heck yeah! I had no shame!! Then I finally get home and dh is home from his trip. He went and picked up pizza so I didn't have to cook anything since it was so late. I of course ate 4 pieces of that too!!

I felt so bad but I decided, hey, it's ok. Let's just start fresh tomorrow (since it was now almost 9:30 at night when I finally had a moment to sit down).

Today, I met a friend for lunch (we do that usually about once a month). She ordered us hot wings which is a tradition we always do except she doesn't know I'm on a diet now (I don't like to advertise) and so I ate my portion of those. Then I ate my whole portion of lunch which I have been trying not to do. Then I was over stuffed and we walked around the mall for a while trying to burn off a little of the fullness.

We are leaving for vacation tomorrow morning. So we don't have any more dirty dishes to wash, dh and I decided we would grab something to eat. He wanted to go to Mexican which is my favorite. I ate only 1/2 of my meal which is a credit for me (big), but I ate a little too much chips again. I've got to remember to precount out the amount of chips I'm allowed and eat only those. On vacation, dh and I are planning on sharing meals, and I am bringing my Zune so I can listen to music while I workout in the hotel gym. I'm really going to try and behave.

I'm just really disappointed in myself for my behavior the last few days. Am I ever going to get this right?? Yes, I've made a lot of changes to my behavior that I've kept, but at day 27, shouldn't I be "cured" so to speak? Am I a hopeless case? I felt like crying because I've done so good to date and now I've had to go and mess up everything. What's wrong with me? I'm really mad at myself!

OK now I've confessed all and I'm sure you guys are all disappointed in me and figure I've totally blown it. I wasn't going to say anything but felt that part of being a part of this group is sharing not only the good but the bad no matter how hard it is.

I've got to get to bed. I'll try and post tomorrow or at least in a couple of days. I'm taking my laptop with me so I'll be able to come on line.

Thanks for listening. Have a good week.

Kara
Old 08-18-2009, 05:42 AM   #127  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Tuesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Saw a movie about a young woman who blogs everyday about her heroine while she tries to live the life prescribed, frequently quoting her writings, such as:
Quote:
Anyone can cook in the French manner anywhere with the right instruction.

Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Julia Child, from the flyleaf
Our copy is inscribed, "Bon Appetit! Julia Child." LOL at the similarity between Julie and Julia and this thread; we've found the right instructions guys, but Judith suggests that we leave the pound of butter out of Julia's recipes.

Did gym; CREDIT moi. Saw a guy re-rack his dumbbells in the correct spot. That made me sooooo happy. Now there are two of us in the whole gym. At my Bally's, it seems to be a sign of manhood to put the heavy weights in the wrong places - sorta like male dogs marking their fireplugs.

Ate on-plan; CREDIT moi, where on-plan includes too much fruit as I need to consume the too many blueberries and strawberries that I bought. Someday I might have to pay the blueberry piper, but it's worth it.

Jean (kuhljeanie) - Kudos for enjoying a day of activity at Kings Island and for the chicken sandwich. Thanks for the reminder, "it's freakin' hard, hard work!"

I spawned a child who doesn't eat tomatoes; feel like I failed. Does El Nino eat them?

Robin (RobinW) - Bon Voyage on your journey. Sending supportive thoughts as you do what you feel you gotta do. Love the Zig Ziglar quote. Yep, "daily" is the key.

Anne (wndranne) - Kudos for one thing per day. Thanks for "How will I feel about it 10 minutes from now?" Gotta steal that one next time hot hors d'oeuvres walk past me.

ChinaMaine - Yea for less fatigue - seems like progress. Your Sylvan Lake Lodge Salad (repeat rapidly 10 times, LOL) sounds yummy; look forward to your final recipe.

Yea for casually kayaking after dinner - what a way to live. Finding this sentence hard to comprehend, "DH wants to watch Mad Men." Thought that was exclusively a chick-flick sorta series.

Erika (eusebius) - Kudos for day 27: Mastering the Seven Questions Technique. Did you use it successfully? I'd like to be encouraged to revisit it - used it only once and felt presumptuous ticking it done.

My first La Bohème was at the Met where the young lady dying of consumption belonged on the 3FC 100 pound thread. More recently, The Opera Company of Boston productions have a more credible-sized heroine, LOL. The Met is one of the good reasons to think of living in New York City.

Margaret (Nuxmaga) - Kudos for leaving the chips at the drugstore- where they belong and should die, LOL. Yea for continued Zumba and walking.

Kara (Walking Princess) - Kudos for all the changes you've made so far. Time to give yourself credit. In response to, "Yes, I've made a lot of changes to my behavior that I've kept, but at day 27, shouldn't I be "cured" so to speak?", my thought is NOPE, never cured, just more consistently on plan. I wouldn't think "mess up everything" - rather just had an off track day. It happens. Methinks the real success for all of us is how quickly we just get back on track. You're winning; it's useful to remember that.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Kudos for not eating in the car. That's a great habit to break. It's sorta nice to vacuum out a car and not find hard french fries under the seats.

Readers -
Quote:
. . .
In fact, the Beck Diet Solution doesn't tell you what to eat. You can choose any reasonable diet. If you followed a sensible diet in the past but couldn't lose weight or keep it off, it wasn't necessarily the diet's fault. You jut didn't have the skills to make the diet work - now you will.
. . .

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 45.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 08-18-2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:05 AM   #128  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Morning Coaches -

Well, up 2 lbs again this AM ... those daily fluctuations. Yeti begone!! Yesterday for some reason was really hard. I was exhausted on waking, and then DD was sent home from daycare for puking ... of course, she wasn't sick at all, just reacting to running around in extreme heat on a concrete playground. Nice programming, daycare. So I got virtually no work done. I did get my walk in, however. For some reason I was really hungry all day ... wonder if my Shangri-La setpoint is going down.

wndranne - Great that the RCs are getting you through hard spots!! I love them.

kuhljeanie - nice job at Kings Island!! Bloody food industry. I guess what we're trying to do here is nothing less than changing the course of human evolution. Wow. But you know what? We can do it!! Isn't that crazy?

ChinaMaine - Yay for DOMS not knocking you out completely! That salad sounds super yum. Allergy medication is very tough to find. I use a generic version of Claritin for non-drowsy but maybe that's not strong enough for your aunt? Awesome exercise schedule you have there.

RobinW - Melting right along with you. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well and sleeping badly. I am looking forward to seeing you back here when you are feeling great!! I'll miss you though

Nuxmaga - good to see you. Kudos for continued awesome consistency!

gardenerjoy - great job with new diet-friendly behaviours!! You're doing great!

Kara - Good job sharing your rough days with us. 27 days is just the beginning of the rest of your life and you don't need to be perfect. You are doing the exact right things, which are getting back on track, posting here, planning for success on your vacation, and moving on!! So big credit to you for all those excellent behaviours. You are going to be just fine! We are on vacation as of Friday so planning is everything and your plans are awesome.

Bill - Are you getting up earlier so you can beat me to the punch? LOL! Did you enjoy Julie & Julia? I hear Meryl Streep has the voice down to a T. Nice job with gym and eating! LOL at male territory marking in the gym. I love that Seven Question Technique - it's resulted in 5 additional response cards that I'm reading every day for sabotaging thoughts such as "I need to read while eating" and "I am so hungry, I must eat the first thing I can find immediately!"

LOL at the Mimi who needed 3FC!! I have never been to the Met and hope to visit someday soon. About 12 years ago I was a research assistant for a husband and wife team - one a respirologist, the other an internationally renowned comparative literature scholar - who wrote several books together on illness and death in opera. It was so interesting to see how Michael demonstrated that Mimi and Violetta were showing realistic symptoms of TB. Neither of them were musicians, so my role was to make sure their musical analysis was on track.

Speaking of on track, off I go to do vipassana and strength training. Keep cool, everyone!
cheers
Erika
Old 08-18-2009, 12:44 PM   #129  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

Default hey, everyone

have a ton of meetings today, so no novel (like yesterday. ) mostly i wanted to shout out to kara to say, are you serious, woman? hardly! this is tough to do and we've all been there, many, many times. this is not about not falling off the wagon - this is about what you do WHEN it happens. you had a few rough days. some of us have had a few rough weeks (or months, or years.) what's wrong with you? well, you're HUMAN! this seems like a great oppty for you to take a step back, look carefully at what happened, and see if you can figure out why. and, oh yeah, be gentle with yourself! that's all. you're not expecting perfection, are you? like jillian michael says, perfection is BORING.

erika, feeling for you. dumb daycare. my kid puked in the pool at KI because he drank like a gallon of water in about 3 minutes, and it came right back up. they still had to evacuate the entire toddler pool for about 15 minutes. THAT had him howling. he wasn't at all aware of how mortified i was that my kid was the reason everyone had to clear out...sigh. bill, i'm not sure that it's possible to eat too many strawberries and blueberries - but i could be wrong about that. time and our respective colons will tell. go gardnerjoy! it's hard to eat more slowly. after a year and a half, i still struggle with this one. go you! good luck robin with getting your headspace in order. hear, hear! good for you! nice to hear from you margaret! china, i am super envious. i hear that water is a great de-stresser. sounds lovely!

off to do my walk. yesterday i gave the finger to the laundry, food prep, monitor uploading, dishes, and wii and just went to bed about 15 minutes after el nino. still overtired today. sigh...will go for a walk (that usually perks me up) and will head home maybe a little early today. i have a bunch of cooking to do, and haven't visited with any of my digital trainers in a couple of days. i should see how they've been keeping.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:46 PM   #130  

Height: 5'7"

Coaches/Buddies My mother spent the night in the hospital last night, and I was freaked and didn't get my #$%@ together to do anything. She is fine today and home. So. I did stop eating when I shouldn't have been. Credit me.

I'm going to quit thinking it can't get any worse.

Anyway. On plan today. Things were busy. I read my ARC and am settling into my Memory cards. I'll shoot for Beck later, but need to get bike ready to ride tomorrow, and then pick up the house for the cleaning people.

Onward.

Anne
Old 08-18-2009, 10:05 PM   #131  

Wink Tuesday

There really wasn’t much happening today. The only interesting news is that since I’ve gotten back from vacation I’ve been indulging in too much saturated fat, primarily dairy. The percentage of calories from sat fat is getting higher each day. Most of it is low fat, but too much dairy still means too much saturated fat… I just need to say ‘no choice’ tomorrow.
WI-up .7 lbs. Made a plan, read my cards. Food – op (yes I actually planned to have too much dairy ), Exercise – op (47m).
Kuhljeanie I hope you had fun exercising tonight! Water is a de-stressor. I’m very thankful I live here – I realize how lucky I am.
Quote:
i was walking around the waterpark, looking at all the bodies in bathing suits, and was so struck by how many people were overweight. some super-obese in motorized wheelchairs; some morbidly obese struggling to move; many, many just heavily overweight. old people, young people, lots of kids. reinforced that we live in a toxic food environment and it's absolutely stupid and pointless to judge myself, or anyone else, for making unhealthy choices that support the original intention of our biology. it's freakin' hard, hard work! we're fighting our bodies' natural inclinations, we're fighting a powerful and sophisticated industry that knows that it must get us to eat more poison, or face extinction itself. there's no morality here. just the need for survival, either working for or against us (depending on your point of view.) the beauty of beck is that her techniques set the stage for us to engage our own highest good at the time when our actions are most likely to be effective. i'm starting to put the pieces together in my own head, so it's speaking to the reasons i fall prey to my environment. yay.
This was a great insight. It might even be useful to Kara . It is really hard work. And I don’t believe anyone learns it in 27 days. We learn, we do well, then we fall. And we get back up, and start all over again. But we’re wiser. Every misstep is an opportunity. It’s an opportunity to learn more, and to learn more deeply. Kara , if you’re reading the second Beck book, there’s a section on cheat sheets. I don’t like the name, but they are great tools to help you learn. I have one bad pattern I’ve got 5 or 6 cheatsheets for. No need to see if you can beat that ‘record’.

Erika Daily fluctuations are frustrating sometimes, but they mostly don’t mean anything. It’s the overall pattern over a week or a month that matters. I think that’s the beauty of weighing-in every day. It helps you to accept that our weight naturally goes up and down. Credit for walking even though you were so tired yesterday!

I wasn’t clear about the allergy meds. I’ve went to my endocrinologist 3 weeks ago to see if he had any idea why I was still not physically or mentally back to 100% although my thyroid numbers are very close to perfect. He did another test or two and found nothing amiss, but adjusted my meds a bit to try to make the thyroid numbers even better. But he said there’s no reason I shouldn’t be back at 100%, except if there was something else going on. When I saw how DHs aunt had improved immensely in terms of sleepiness and cognitive function because they took her off benadryl, I decided to try getting off benadryl myself. If zyrtac doesn’t work for me, I will give claritan a try (thanks!)

I do want to do the buddy-thing, just need to have a bit more time. I’ll send you a PM in the next couple of days.

Are you reading the 1st book? I may have to look up the 7 question technique – sounds great!

Bill Sounds as though you liked Julie and Julia – two actresses who can really make you smile. You know, butter does make everything taste better – too bad it’s bad for me and adds fat directly to my stomach and hips! LOL at male dogs and their fireplugs…

I honestly don’t think of Mad Men as a chick show. It’s well written, scathing indictment of a culture that was rotting from the inside. Oh, and it’s a fun soap opera, aaaah I see where you get the ‘chick tv’ from. So you are probably right – at least on one level. But it’s no Sex in the City or Desperate Housewives – I usually run in the opposite direction from most chick tv.

Anne So cool your cards had such a strong impact on you. Hope all is well!

Just missed cross-posting with you. I’m glad your Mom is home and hope she is doing well. Credit for ‘stop eating what [you] shouldn’t’ – and extra for being op in spite of it all.

gardenerjoy, Margaret Two librarians – how cool! This group seems to be vey well read and artistic, don’t you think?

Robin, Tera Thinking of you and wishing you well!
Old 08-18-2009, 11:12 PM   #132  
Green Tomatoes

Default 18 Aug 2009

Walking Princess: The long-term members have better help for you than a newbie like me. I just wanted to chime in, from a variety of reading that I've been doing, that Day 27 is not cured! Day 270 is not cured. Day 2700 might be where you could start thinking in terms of remission, but the conditioning that the food industry has given us will still occasionally hold power over us. We have been conditioned for all of our lives up to now and we'll be reconditioning ourselves for the rest of our lives. But what better cause than taking control of our health and well-being? Or, if you're feeling pissy like I get sometimes, showing the food industry and their advertisers who is really boss of my body!
And credit to you for writing all this out in a place where you knew you would get support for engaging in the kind of behaviors that will lead to permanent weight loss and all of its benefits.

BillBlueEyes:
I have the Sonoma Diet and the SuperFoodsRx books checked out of the library and they both tout blueberries as an uber-healthy food, so you're getting lots of that good stuff!

eusebius and kuhljeanie: yay for walking on challenging days!

wndranne: glad your mother is home -- it is very freaky to have a family member in the hospital and really pays havoc with plans and routines.

ChinaMaine: Good for you for catching the dairy thing and making a new plan. I'm starting to realize that I depend too much on cheese and not enough on lean meat -- a leftover from my aspiring vegetarian days. But vegetarian doesn't always mean healthy.

Credit to me for not overeating while I was alone in the house for several hours -- that's been a trigger situation for me for some time now. Oddly enough, I distracted myself with kitchen work, doing a bunch of things that will make it easier to fix healthy meals for the next several days.

Also, credit for trying Hunger Experiment 1, where you track hunger sensations all morning. I did it even though I'm quite convinced that I'm incable of discerning hunger from non-hunger. I'm still pretty convinced of that, but I did learn one thing -- it took an hour from my first possible hunger pang until real hunger set in. So, I think I can happily wait quite a bit longer than I do to satisfy that initial pang.

Last edited by gardenerjoy; 08-18-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:50 AM   #133  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Wednesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - For reasons of mercury and survival we've reduced our swordfish consumption from about weekly to about once per year. And dinner was that once. Just WOW - it was uber-good. CREDIT moi for an on-plan dinner; Oh Well for contributing to the demise of a good fish and for polluting my body.

Started my walk with hot and muggy as companions along with the Sabotaging Thought that the weather justified stopping in Whole Foods to get cool (as well as, sigh, a few samples) which would then justify turning around and heading home making it a shorter walk. Then I had a Beck-like thought to skip Whole Foods, do the full walk, and just get dripping wet. Which I did; CREDIT moi.

Jean (kuhljeanie) - Yea for ditching the oughta's and going to bed. Kudos for a moment of sanity.

Anne (wndranne) - Ouch - what a scare with your mother. Sending supportive thoughts for her health and for your recovery from the shock. Kudos for on-plan and for reading your cards.

ChinaMaine - Neat that you're solidly enough back from vacation to be analyzing your diet. LOL at Homer Simpson drooling , "Dairy."

Attached to one review of Julie and Julia was Julia's recipe for Leek and Potato Soup. Sigh, it included 4 Tbsp butter and 6 Tbsp heavy cream. Can't recommend that to you if sat fat is off your menu.

Erika (eusebius) - "Yeti begone!!" all you Sabotaging Thoughts - gonna steal that one, a new Harry Potter spell for the arsenal.

Interesting that Mimi and Violetta are realistically portrayed with TB. Is there any basis for my assumption that someone dying of TB should be wasting away? Perhaps there are heavy TB patients. When I use the word consumption, it leads me to think thin.

Neat that you've used the Seven Questions Technique so many times. Gotta revisit that.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Neat collecting data about your own hunger feelings. I remember being surprised that mine were milder than I was imagining. It was indeed news to me that Hunger is Not an Emergency.

Thanks for the reminder that my blueberries are "uber-healthy food." My new prejudice in life is that the foods that are good for me are really good.

Freer - Waving. Thought you might be interested in this thread i-joined-jazzercise-oh-dear.

Readers -
Quote:
. . .
This program teaches you how to eat, how to motivate yourself every day, how to create time and energy for dieting, how to solve diet-related problems, and how to use many other essential techniques.

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 45.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:08 AM   #134  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Morning Coaches -

Somewhat easier day yesterday ... down 2 pounds again (back to weigh-in level). Strength training - credit. OP eating and resisting DD's chips at the mall - credit. Buying myself a purse and having a long soak in the tub instead of eating - credit.

kuhljeanie - you sound incredibly busy. Hang in there.

wndranne - Glad your mom is better and credit for returning to normal eating and consistency with the bike.

ChinaMaine - Cool about buddying - no worries about timing - whenever you are ready! Hope the zyrtac does the trick for you. Great job with food and exercise - you have been doing great!

gardenerjoy - good observations about us never being "cured". Great job on distracting yourself from overeating and doing the hunger experiment!! Sounds like it was fruitful for you.

Bill - Never tried swordfish. Sounds like it's amazing but possibly not worth the environmental risks. Credit for getting wet and doing your complete walking route!! My feeling on the TB thing is that yes, the sufferers were usually wasting away, particularly the 19thC ones. Chopin was another (real-life) example.

OK folks, the schedule is thrown off today but I still plan to get my walk in sometime. Happy humpday all!

cheers
Erika
Old 08-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 181/?/130

Hi everyone,

I'm sitting here in my hotel room while my dh and ds are at the pool so I thought I'd check in with you.

First, I want to say, YOU GUYS ARE THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!!

You made me see that I don't have to be perfect and that it's ok to mess up for a while and I can just get right back on track. No one even judged me for my mess ups either! It was so hard to write that out and yet everyone was just so supportive. Thank you so much

I've been on vacation for 2 days now. I've done really well considering. My calorie consumption is way up of course because I'm not cooking any of my own meals but I am doing some really good modifications to keep it under 2000 calories a day even while eating 3 meals out. First, breakfasts, I am eating a piece of fruit, 1/2 bagel with 2tbsp peanut butter and yogurt. Lunches and dinners I have been sharing with dh so not only is our bill lower, but I am only eating half of what I would normally eat. Last night he wanted something different so I got a bowl of vegetable soup and a 1/2 sandwich. Plus, the 2 days I've been here, I have gone to the exercise room and worked out for 45 minutes each time! I've never done any of these things before on vacation so it's a real milestone. I'm trying very hard.

Bill - great job eating healthy, op and for doing your workout at the gym. You are right on course! Great job avoiding that Whole Foods situation. The outcome of it would have probably been something you would have regretted. Yea you for staying strong!

Erika - glad your dd is ok. Great job in still getting your walking done despite being short on the time. Also, I think it's great that you didn't give in to the inclination to eat (I wonder if it was more of a craving from being stressed from the day's events???). You did great!

Jeannie - Thanks for the Jillian quote. I do like her and her no-nonsense approach. Great quote!

Anne - so sorry to hear your mother is ill. I hope she is doing better. Big ((hugs)) your way

ChinaMaine - good job for spotting an issue in your eating and now being able to correct it now that you know what it is. That's very intuitive! Thanks for the new prospective on things. Your story about the bathing suits kind of put things in a new light for me. Thanks!

GardnerJoy - great job on avoiding your overeating trigger. You did great! Also, it sounds very positive that you learned something from the hunger vs craving exercise. That is a hard one! Good job!

Be back again soon, thanks again for all the support!

Kara
Closed Thread