Looking for Lean Turkey OR Pork Chop recipes

• So I am new to dieting. I still am learning what I can and can't eat.

Anyways,
    I have stopped buying hamburger meat and now am buying lean ground turkey. Turkey tacos are awesome! Turkey spaghetti not so much.

Aren't pork chops healthier, too? I have a big packet of pork chops. Lookin for good recipes.

I am such a noob

FYI my oven is broken, so i ONLY have the stovetop or the grill.
  • I recommend buying Turkey Italian Sausage for spaghetti sauce. I just squeeze it out of the casings into a saute pan and treat it like ground turkey. The difference is in the seasoning. Yum!
  • Turkey spaghetti can be pretty good. Trick is to season the meat when cooking - that's why the tacos are good!

I use generous amounts of garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and extra basil when I'm cooking it. Also some fennel seed if I have time to let it simmer longer.

Of course you can also cook other veggies in with this - mushrooms, peppers, onions, etc. Drain the meat if necessary, then I add a large can of crushed tomatoes, a regular can of tomato sauce, and a small can of tomato paste. Add additional seasoning to taste. Generally makes enough for at least 2 meals for myself, husband and son.

Also, I usually serve my sauce over either spaghetti squash or grated zucchini. That way I can eat lots instead of the tiny portion of pasta I'd allow myself!
  • HG’s Crazy-Good Turkey Taco Meatloaf This recipe is from the HUNGRY GIRL Book

1 pound raw extra-lean ground turkey
    2 slices fat-free cheddar cheese
    1/2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
    1/2 cup canned sweet corn kernels
    1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    1/2 cup salsa
    1/2 packet of taco seasoning mix

Makes 6 servings

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Cook peppers and onions for 3 minutes over medium heat in a nonstick pan sprayed with Pam.

In a large bowl, combine onions and peppers with turkey, corn, and seasoning mix.

Spread half the mixture evenly into the bottom of a loaf pan (about 9″ by 5″) sprayed with Pam.

Layer the two slices of fat-free cheese on top of the mixture. (HG recommends trying to keep the slices away from the pan’s edges).

Evenly top with the remaining meat mixutre.

Pour the salsa over the top of the loaf.

Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.

Top loaf with shredded cheese.

Return loaf to the oven and cook for another 15 minutes.

Nutrition Info: 3 points per serving (1/6 of loaf). 127 calories, 1g fat, 688mg sodium, 7g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 2g sugars, 22g protein.

You should check out the Hungry Girl Book. They got some yummy recipes that are quick and low cal.
  • Oh, jelder, I love the idea of using zucchini or squash in place of pasta noodles!
  • wow. thanks everyone! I will definetely be cooking up some of these new recipes soon!!
  • My new fav. is mediteranean (sp?) turkey burgers. I mix some chopped kalamata olives and a little reduced fat feta cheese in with ground tukey. Pan fry with a cooking spray (you could grill if you have access to one). Serve on a toasted english muffin with a few mixed greens and extra olives on top. And a tiny splash of greek salad dressing.