Old 07-22-2009, 09:13 AM   #31  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Amy M. I am going to look at the Rapid Results information that someone has started a thread on. Right now she has not had a chance to post all the information. If you have something you would like to share, please send me a PM. Thanks!
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:17 AM   #32  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning all. i'm done with day 3 of the 30 day shred. damn, my legs hurt. but i pushed through it and am happy that i did. i'm going to do it for the whole 30 days. i am. i am. i'm doing it to see what the results will be. my littlest bro is getting married in a month from today, and i have to walk DD and DS down the aisle (they are the flower girl and ring bearer) so i'd like to look as good as i can with just having had a baby 4 months prior.

anyways..that's about it for me right now. i still have a bunch of stuff to get done before DD's bday party on sunday, but i think i'll start on friday.
hope everyone is having a good week, i'm trying to...key word--"trying"..

dixieamy--good to "see" you back!

and liza--you too!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:49 AM   #33  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone! I made it through my second day of no carbs yesterday, now starting day 3. I am proud of myself to have made it this far, and fully plan on keeping it up!

Liza- Ah, sorry you work is making you that upset. Damn jobs!

Dixie Amy- How great that you have been able to move into the cabin!

Jillian- Great job on the shred. It is easy to see that you are doing better this week!

Barb- Sounds like you had a lot of fun over the weekend. I agree, it must just be water.

Julie- I can relate to not wanting to put things into your body that your body can't use. I have really become a purist that way. I even threw our microwave away because they mutate food, and I read a few articles that said that microwaved food is harded for the body to use. My DH came home from work one day and said, "Where is the microwave?" I said, "Oh, I threw it away. Turns out it is bad for us." He just shook his head, poor guy.

I have been eating carrots and radishes out of the garden when I get to craving carbs or food in general. It is working well!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:55 AM   #34  
WonderWoman

katie, i totally admire you! you are awesome...in EVERY single way possible!
Old 07-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

DixieAmy- I will read the thread and see what I can add. It really is more about eating 4 specific meal combinations throughout the day. Each meal combo is a certain amount of calories. Also with the stress of super foods it seems (at least the counselor at my center stated) that for the past 8 weeks weightloss has really increased with her clients. now my mom is doing LA and she does not like the Rapid Results, she still prefers the colored plans. So as always it is each their own.

Jillian- I finished Day four of the shred last night and guess what I am not sore today. Last night when I was doing the side lunges, weight to eye level thing My arms felt so sore, but today I feel good, so I hope that is a good sign. I am going to try to do it for 30 days straight too.

Katie- great job on day 3 of no carbs. It should just get easier from now on!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #36  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Amy- Don't feel bad for giving in to temptation a while back- you have gotten back on your diet without gaining all your weight back. That's an accomplishment! I keep telling myself if I ever got to goal I will weigh EVERY DAY to keep myself in check mentally. I had gotten to goal as a teen and just quit weighing because I figured I was skinny now and that's that. I gained my last LAWL weight back after getting pregnant, but I'm working on losing it again.

Katie- No meat, no carbs. Remind me...what can you eat? Good thing you have a garden!

I am doing really really well this time! I have not gone off plan except one time...I had a headache and was hungry ALL day. I had eaten everything on plan and I told my husband if dinner didn't satisfy me I was going to eat 1 luna. I did (I'm not doing bars...just bought them on clearance for takeoff) and things seemed to get better. I'm not ashamed nor do I really consider that a "cheat". I could think of a lot worse ways to spend 180 calories. Last time I checked I had lost 5.5 lbs, hubby has probably lost 8-10. It's hard for me to remember to weigh in the morning because I usually hit the ground running trying to catch up to whatever kid woke up first.

Anyway, I just had frozen cherries in 1/2 cup milk with some stevia in it...I forgot how good simple things tasted on plan! I have gotten my hubby addicted to all-fruit smoothies...the man who used to only eat apples.

Just wanted to tell everyone if you are thinking of trying any of the recipes, I have browsed through and cooked some. It is really helping my husband stick to plan without getting bored (me, too). The Baked Ziti, Sunday Chicken Casserole, and Cheddar Portobello Skillet are GREAT. I will be making those again. I tried the Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole thinking it would be something my hubby liked and we didn't. It was just to heavy and junky feeling.

Everyone, have a great day on plan!
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:20 PM   #37  

Height: 5'6

I just got my DF hooked on fruit too! We've been spending too much money on it cause we are busy and buy the pre-made fruit trays at the grocery store but hey if it gets us eating it then it is worth it! DF never eats breakfast or takes lunch so he starves all day or gets fast food for lunch then eats a lot at night. So the last 3 days we each have a bowl of fruit for breakfast (cantaloupe, melon, strawberries, blueberries). We heard that eating fruit on an empty stomach is the best time to eat it as it is more easily digested and you absorb the most nutrients from it.
Anyway, I have to say I am really enjoying it. Even this morning when I was running late I was at least able to throw a bunch in a tupperware container and have it on my way to work. And I send DF with that and a Fiber 1 bar

I bought some frozen fruit too though to make smoothies....mix it with some ice and yogurt...seems like a great summertime treat!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:58 PM   #38  
Amy

Hey guys!

Just wanted to check in and say hello! I just got back to VA from being in Jersey for about a week! It is soooooo good to be home!

After I got home, my DH took me to the grocery store to get stuf to make dinner. Well, he instead pulled into this amazing restaurant. It was such a surprise and a treat!!

I realized with all this food/diet obsessing I have been doing, I stopped cooking. I LOVE to cook and bake. I am starting up again. I am trying to work on loving myself the way I am now.... I have NO self esteem or confidence!

Well, I'll do personals later. Laundry and unpacking are calling my name!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:28 PM   #39  
WonderWoman

glad you're back in VA, amy! how's the exercising going?
Old 07-22-2009, 09:02 PM   #40  
Amy

Oh, it was nonexistent this past week! I will be back "shredding" tomorrow!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:44 PM   #41  
WonderWoman

good! tomorrow will be day 4 for me..i'm actually gonna keep it going for 30 days straight, i think. i usually don't workout on the weekends, but i'm gonna try like heck to fit it in!
Old 07-23-2009, 12:17 AM   #42  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey DixieAmy..........good to have you back. I have been kind of dingy lately, sorry it took me a day or two to give you a shout out. My grandbaby, you ask? Well, she is perfect in every way, and here is proof

Congrats to all of you who have been working out so hard........WTG!!!!!

So I went to visit my girlfriend in the hospital today. She is on her second round of IL-2 for stage IV Metastatic Melonoma. She received 13 doses two weeks agom had one week off, and now is back in the hospital for the week to receive 14 more doses......hopefully. I got to mark off number 7 of this round tonight on her dry erase board. If they can get 8 in before kidney failure, they consider the treatment a success. It has been really really hard on her, and she has endured horrific side effects over the last few weeks. She is only 37, and has two little ones. My heart is breaking for her and her family. We have been friends since jr. highschool. But I'll tell you what.....she is like a rock. No matter how scary or out of control things have gotten....she just keeps pusing on. I am truly amazed. Anyway.....my 14 yo DD made her some tissue paper flowers today, and I made her a soft blanket to help comfort her when she gets the chills. I brought them up to the hospital late this afternoon. They wouldn't let her have the flowers so I will bring them to her at home next week....but she loved the blanket. I washed it with downy, and when the food service lady came in, she said, "Gurl......it smells all downy fresh up in here." It freshened up her whold room. That made me feel really good. I hope it makes her feel good too. It is such a helpless feeling when someone you love is suffering so, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Anyway, I took some pictures to show my mom......and I thought I would share them with you all I seriously don't know what I would do without all of you. Since I moved to St. Louis, my huge friend base has really taken a nose dive. Without 3Fc and all of you.....I would be one lonely girl. And yeah, my friend who is sick is one of my only friends here in St. Louis. Ok, enough crying and carrying on....here are the pics

Ok, it is soo bed time for this girl. C-ya tomorrow
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:22 AM   #43  
Katie

Jillian- Thanks, that is a really nice thing to say.

Mary- Good job for sticking with it! I am eating a lot of veggies, that is for sure. Also, some cheese, eggs, and beans.

Nicole- You shouldn't feel helpless. You are doing for her what a lot of other 'friends' won't. A lot of people will stay away because they are scared, weirded out, intimidated, etc. You are coming to see her, staying in close contact, and that means a lot. You are a good friend!

Day 3 of no carbs for me, and I think the sugar bug is dying. I am not having the cravings that I was, and I feel good today!
Old 07-23-2009, 01:22 AM   #44  
Katie

PS- Could that Maria get any cuter?!
Old 07-23-2009, 06:59 AM   #45  

Height: 5'6

soooo I updated my ticker...time to own up to the gain. Gained 3 lbs this past month. Determined to start losing again though!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote