Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 09:51 PM   #211  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I am so far off plan my Beck book is covered in dust!!

But the plus is I am still maintaining the 37lb loss since christmas. I just need to get the other 100 off

Dd is doing great and Im so proud of her! She is managing her sugar cravings so much better than me!

Im off, we have a big block yard sale tomorrow morning. Im still not organized

Have a great weekend everyone!

Onebyone~ enjoy your long weekend!
Old 07-31-2009, 10:58 PM   #212  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up stage1 wk1 day 5/7

Uberofficial checklist week 1 day 5

Stage 1 - The Success Skills Plan
9 skills to master * today's challenges written in dark orchid

1. motivate yourself daily
read advantage deck NO still don't have one yet
read response cards YES credit
2. weigh yourself daily YES -0.4 (268.8)
weigh just once record change/weight YES credit
3. eat slowly, while sitting down and enjoying every bite YES credit
I ate slowly while sitting down. I had to remind myself to sit down consciously and firmly. I didn't want to.
4. give yourself credit
I gave myself credit throughout the day for every positive eating behaviour YES credit
5. get moving
I did spontaneous exercise YES credit
planned exercise NO
6. overcome hunger, cravings and emotional eating
I tolerated hunger and non-hunger without eating YES credit
I recognized that fullness sets in 20 min after a meal YES- I had to clock-watch this one again. I got a favorite meal and wanted more of it and really started to eat it quickly. i noticed I was forking it in before I was totally one chewing again. I was "eating as if it was an emergency".credit
I stopped eating when my food was gone YES credit
I calmed down before I ate NO I was excited by this favorite meal and tried to calm down but didn't quite manage it. I was also very hungry. And it was a lot of food. I could have saved half but did not have to do that so I didn't.
7. plan and monitor your eating
I filled in my foodplan chart N/A yet this is a stage 2 thing
8. follow your plan no matter what
I followed my plan precisely YES I've done things I was told to do-food choices not part of this yet credit
9. get back on track right away
I filled in my cheat sheet NA
10. contact your diet buddy YES credit

I don't know where the time went today. I woke up late this morning: 10am and I had to rush to the school to unload the kiln, late, and then I walked over to the market and chatted with some market friends for a few hours. By the time I got home it was close to 6pm and I spent time on the phone and now it's late and that order is still not done and I never did clean out the fridge last night either. It seems that when I am preparing for a Big Thing like my children's tech gig all next week it's like I want to do ZERO until that day comes. I *know* I will be working my a$$ off then, why do it now? See? All or nothing thinking/binge working/procrastinating/perfectionism it's all wrapped up in that statement. Anyway, at this point I'm just noticing and that's okay. Small goal tomorrow: finish my order and get it in the mail.

Thanks for reading.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:58 PM   #213  
Practicing Imperfection

Quick check in--Zumba, credit. 7500+ steps, credit. Tracked food, credit. Stayed under calories, yay. Had an egg cream rather than a milkshake with dh(it's his birthday and he wanted a treat, and at least we walked to the ice cream place instead of driving.)

Didn't walk at lunch, and generally slacking on my goal of 10,000 steps on the days I don't do Zumba. I need to write down the thoughts--I'm sure I'm having some major sabotaging ones. Tomorrow is birthday dinner with in-laws--I'm going to look up the menu and do some planning. Then I think the birthday festivities are finally over . . .
Old 08-01-2009, 06:17 AM   #214  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Discussion continues on the August 2009 Thread

This discussion continues on Beck Diet For Life/Solution – August 2009 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

Please join us there.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:22 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 181/?/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,

Well, I only have one more day of food celebrations - tomorrow. Thank goodness!

Last night we went to Subway. I ordered the Turkey, no cheese, light mayo and veggies with water to drink 6" sub on wheat. I did great. Then I found out one of my friends had bought literally $20 worth of munchies for the evening while we all scrapbooked. I tried to stay conscientous but it is so hard when you are surrounded by it. I ended up eating 1/2 a big grab bag of Cool Ranch Dorritos and about 4 big handfuls of Crunch n Munch and a couple handfuls of Mike & Ikes. Eek . I still didn't eat as much as I usually do, and I had budgeted calorie wise for some snacks but I was just mad that I actually indulged!

Today at breakfast I did so much better. For the first time ever, I left 1/2 of my plate of food!!!!! This was HUGE for me. I literally cut my food in half and ate exactly 1/2 of what they brough me. I boxed the rest up and took him home and told my husband he can have it for breakfast tomorrow morning (he was thrilled!). I was so happy and I wasn't bloated at all which is unusual. Usually I'm bloated and uncomfortable. I felt good. Yea me! I didn't eat much for lunch because of the breakfast. I just ate 1 tbsp of peanut butter on 1 slice of 7grain bread and some water.

Tonight was the next challenge. Dinner. And it was my favorite food in the world - Mexican. Oh boy. This is my hardest meal of all. We got there, I ate some chips and salsa because that is my favorite food. I tore each chip in half or thirds so I would eat less of them (that's one of my tricks) but I still probably ate more than I should have. I don't know how much though as I was enthralled with talking to everyone (there was 10 of us). My bad . I usually order the 2 tacos, rice and beans combo. I ordered only 1 taco (thereby cutting what I normally have it half) and then I left about a 1/3 of the rice and beans. I thought I was in the clear and already mad at myself for eating as much as I did and then all the waiters come over and sing happy birthday and present me with flan. Oh boy. I offered some to every single person at the table and all 10 declined! I was like, "someone's got to help me eat this!" No one would so I ate it because I felt bad.

I feel like I totally screwed up today. I tried so hard to eat less and do exactly what I was supposed to do but feel like I really screwed up. The only meal of the 3 since Friday I feel good about is breakfast. I feel like I'm never going to get this right. Why couldn't I just stick to my normal weekday routine?

I have one more meal at dinner tomorrow as we are going to my parent's house tomorrow to celebrate with them. There will be dinner and cake.

Will I ever get it right?

Thanks for listening
Kara
Old 08-02-2009, 04:43 AM   #216  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Moved to August

Hi Kara (Walking Princess) - We start a new thread each month (the Mods of 3FC will close a thread at 500 posts to preserve the sanity of the data base), so I've answered you on the August thread over here:

Beck Diet For Life/Solution – August 2009 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

Come join us there.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:50 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 181/?/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi,

Just a quick check in. Sorry I've been MIA. My dh is getting ready to go camping with some friends for 5 days and is leaving on Wednesday morning so we are trying to get him all ready to go. Plus, we are in the process of trying to buy a new car so I've had no free time to myself to sit down and chat.

I'll try to write personals and more info tomorrow.

Kara
Old 08-11-2009, 05:04 AM   #218  
Super Moderator

Default The post above was copied to the August Thread

Hi Kara (Walking Princess) - We start a new thread each month (the Mods of 3FC will close a thread at 500 posts to preserve the sanity of the data base), so I've answered you on the August thread over here:

Beck Diet For Life/Solution – August 2009 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

Come join us there.
Closed Thread