Old 06-30-2009, 08:42 AM   #16  

Height: 5'6

Morning all!
I officially quit smoking last night. Almost 10 hours ago...lol I'm looking for a ticker I can put up but haven't found much yet.
Scale is up a lb....that's okay...just trying to somewhat maintain for the next week or so then hopefully I will be over this quitting hump and hopefully be back to some walking or something...(ankle is still tender but getting better).
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:22 AM   #17  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Great job Kristin! Stay strong, you can do it! Also, FYI, grapefruit or lemon juice helps to detox your body from the nicotine, therefore getting rid of the cravings faster.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:55 AM   #18  

I found a banner! Keeping me motivated! It's off by a couple hours but close enough!

I am using a low dose patch for now. Never tried the patch before...but I managed to cut down to less than 10 cigarettes a day for awhile so just using the low dose one for a week or two to avoid killing anyone DF isn't using anything (he didn't smoke as much as me, but has been smoking way longer). Hopefully we still love each other when this is over haha
Old 06-30-2009, 09:55 AM   #19  
Amy

Good Morning Guys!!

Kristin- Congrats!! I LOVE the ticker!!

Jillian- good luck at the Dr.'s with Baby X! Congrats on the pound loss! It's a good start!

I am off to the pool in a little bit. I have been spending my mornings there recently. The sun is just as strong (building a pretty fab tan!!) but it's still breezy and nice out. Oh, and it's not crowded. My friend's son is on the swim team and tey ractice in the morning.

My arms and ab muscles feel like pudding today! That workout really worked me yesterday! I LOVE the burn!!

Havea great day guys!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:17 PM   #20  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Way to go working out Amy. You sound like you haves lots of motivation right now, that's great
Welcome to the ex-smokers club Kristin...you can do it!!!!
Gotta run

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:50 PM   #21  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Default Remember Me?

It has been a LONG time but I see some familiar faces. I would love to have the energy and committment right now to get back on track but my family is facing much worse. My DH was diagnosed the end of March with Stage IV Lung Cancer, since he has 3 rounds of chemo, radiation to the lung and for a brain lesion. Today was chemo so he is napping and I had a minute, well not really but I took it to get on computer and saw this on my old favs list so I thought I would say hi. Glad you are all still at it and best of luck to you all!

Way to go Kristin on giving up smoking....you won't regret it!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:17 PM   #22  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi Katy, of course I remember you! I am so sorry to hear about your DH's cancer. It is so tough. I will keep you family in my thoughts!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:06 PM   #23  

Tonight definitely got harder....but past the 24 hour point! And tommorrow is a holiday here so I gotta stay strong! I AM gonna do this!

It's messed up though....I wanna eat....but nothing is appealing to me right now...
Old 07-01-2009, 12:10 AM   #24  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

STAY STRONNG KRISTIN!!!! You have the right attitude, and you can do it

Katy.........I remember you for sure. I am so sorry to hear about DH. I can only imagine what you and your family are going through. How is your DD handling it? I will be thinking of you and your family and sending love and support your way. Hang in there girl......and try try try to find a few stolen moments here and there to take care of yourself
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:36 AM   #25  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning all.
i set my alarm for 5am so i could get my workout done and out of the way for the day. fed baby X and now am enjoying some espresso and a south beach bar.
baby X had her 2 month checkup yesterday and is now 11lbs 6oz (was 7lbs 4oz at birth) and is 22 inches long. she's smiling all the time now and is starting to coo. it's sooo cute to see DH with her. omg..just melts my heart. he's soooo in love with her. it's so sweet.

anyways, i've been having a rough time lately, so those of you who have been keeping me in your thoughts and prayers..thank you!! please keep doing so, as things have only gotten a bit worse now. but i'm trying really hard to stay positive and keep the faith that things will get better..i just don't know when.
i'll fully explain myself soon enough....

katy---soooo sorry to hear about your DH. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. stay strong and come on here anytime for support! we're here for you in all aspects, not just weight loss!

kristin--good job on not smoking. keep it up and think how awesome it'll be to see those ticker #'s get bigger and that $$$ you'll be saving! your lungs will thank you! maybe get some sugar free hard candies or gum to keep your mouth busy? i know a few people who've chewed/sucked on ice chunks to help them too. i'm rooting for ya!

ok..gotta go for now. be back later.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:07 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 204/204/150

Height: 5' 10"

Morning Everyone!

It's short work week this week, so today is more like Thursday since we get Friday off for the 4th. No big plans, but I'm looking forward to a three day weekend!!

Jillian - no I don't mind at all. We were on the teeter-totter of staying together and trying to make things work or just throw in the towel because we won't be able to be happy together. So we spent some time apart a month or so ago and he wanted to make it work, so I went back home. I had already told him I wanted to make it work, but he was still having doubts, as he is now and has since then. Part of DBF's "issue" is that his expectations of our relationship are very high - most would say unreasonable. His life has changed a lot since his divorce two years ago. He never fully grieved his divorce. He thinks that his ex-wife never cared or loved him, they were together 12 years. But he's the one that wanted the divorce. He's pretty confused about what's going on in his head and his heart. He's a very logical thinker, so when it comes to the grey areas of emotions, he gets rattled.
And congrats on the two month check up and that baby X is sleeping through the night!

KristinX - congrats on quitting smoking!

Katy66 - so very sorry to hear about your DH, thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Hi Lucky, RepoGirl, Jersey, Hoochie and Mama Nicole!

Have great OP day ladies!
AngieH75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:11 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good WEdnesday morning to you all. I am back to work today and oh my goodness 7 work days away is to long. I feel like I have forgotten everything. I hope they take it easy on me today but I am sure that will not happen. TOM is here as well and I feel so completely bloated and I am so craving chocolate, what a morning. My little one just held on to me not wanting to stay with my parents. He loves them but they have been gone for 4 weeks and he was used to sleeping in and having mom to himself. He did not cry but stuck that little bottom lip out so pitiful.

KristinX- great job on quiting smoking, look at how much money you already saved!!

Amy- great job on the exercise!!!

Jillian- Things will get better before you know it.. Wow baby X is sure growing up quick!!

Katy66- so sorry about your DH

Hope everyone has a Wonderful Wednesday!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:12 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 204/204/150

Height: 5' 10"

Default Almond Milk

Jillian I almost forgot to answer your question on the almond milk.
Almond breeze makes a sweetened and unsweetened version of vanilla and chocolate. They also have an original version too.

Sweetened Vanilla:
Nutrition Facts - Vanilla
Serving Size 8 fl. oz. (240 ml)
Servings Per Container About 4
Amount Per Serving
Calories 90
Calories from Fat 25
%Daily Value*
Total Fat 2.5g 4%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 150mg 6%
Potassium 180g 5%
Total Carb. 16g 5%
Dietary Fiber less than 1g 3%
Sugars 15g
Protein 1g

Original Sweetened:
Nutrition Facts - Original
Serving Size 8 fl. oz. (240 ml)
Servings Per Container About 4
Amount Per Serving
Calories 60
Calories from Fat 25
%Daily Value*
Total Fat 2.5g 4%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 150mg 6%
Potassium 180g 5%
Total Carb. 8g 3%
Dietary Fiber less than 1g 2%
Sugars 7g
Protein 1g

Here's the link to the rest of the nutritional info.
http://www.bluediamond.com/shop/natu...ndBreeze32.cfm
AngieH75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:52 AM   #29  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

thanks for the almond milk info, angie! i'm thinking that soymilk has alot more protein, so i'll most likely stick with that since i use soymilk as a protein sometimes. i may try the almond milk to see if i like it though.
i hope things work out with you and your BF. it seems as if you're willing to do the work and stick it out. good for you!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:34 AM   #30  
Amy

Morning guys!!

I am so excited... I found all those workouts on Comcast On Demand! OMG< there are soooo many!And they are fun ones too! My friend is coming to my house today to work out, then we will walk again. I am prety sure we'll be doing cardioke today! Cardio+Karioke!!

Well, off to eat some breakfast- am trying Silk today with my cereal... we'll see how it goes! THen I am going to the pool like usual!

Have a great day guys!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote