Old 06-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #46  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

yes you can....yes you can.....yes you can!!!!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:32 AM   #47  

Height: 5'6

Can you guys believe that Michael Jackson has died??? I am in shock..his music was the soundtrack to my life...so many memories....
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:27 AM   #48  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

I live in LA and work in the media. That's about all I need to say for you to know how my day went today. I think all of us knew Michael Jackson wouldn't live to be an old man but still shocking. I used to do my ballet warm ups to "Thriller" and "Off The Wall."
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:47 AM   #49  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning friends. Let's make this a very good weekend.........whatever you do........whatever you consume........just add one more physical activity to you schedule. It is good for the mind and body.......and it helps keep us aware of our level of unhappiness
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:59 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

didn't do too great on my exercise this week, but next week am starting with a trainer... I'm scared... It will be twice a week strength training for 6 weeks. I will fill the other days with cardio. My kids will be off to Colorado pretty soon here, so I needed something to keep me busy! They will only be gone 3 weeks, but when they come back we won't have any sports going on for a couple of weeks, so I can accomplish this!

This weekend we get to travel for a 3v3 soccer tournament, it is so fun to watch because every kid gets plenty of shots on goal, I'm really excited, but we have to leave by 630am to get there in time... 3 games minimum. I wish I could play, it looks so fun!

I didn't make the philly cheesesteaks yesterday... gonna make them today and try a recipe for watermelon coctails
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #51  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Nicole- That's great advice! I am going to get two work outs this weekend. My hubby is out of town so I have no excuse.
Tonight I am going for dinner with girlfriends but I am going to eat healthy. I may indulge in one or two glasses of wine though.
Tomorrow and Sunday I am going to do weights and walk.....

Yes so sad to hear about Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett. All the radio stations here are playing MJ music as a tribute today.

Okay have a great weekend everyone!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:05 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

I found this on our wellness website at work and was surprised to read that you need 60-90 min a day to maintain a significant weight loss!

Be Physically Active.

30 minutes of physical activity most days of the week to support general good health
60 minutes per day if you tend towards weight gain
60-90 minutes per day to help maintain a significant weight loss
All physical activity counts. If you cannot always do as much as is recommended, try to do as much as you can
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:22 PM   #53  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Well someone just bought our staff pizza' and DQ Ice Cream cake. Nice!!!!
But I stuck to my plan and had half a chicken breast with salad for lunch. Well everybody ate cake, I had a slimfast bar.
I am learning to get thru temptation but man its hard eh!
Okay well I was just having a proud moment because I survived the lunchroom!!
Have a great weekend!

Oh and Julie, now I have way more exercise to do if I want to lose weight...agh!
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:38 PM   #54  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Happy Friday everyone!! Not much new with me. I'm having a hard time sticking to a plan - any plan for that matter - and it's making me nuts!!! Oh well, tomorrow is a new day. Not that I think I need to wait until tomorrow.

Joan - Great job on resisting temptation!! I hate when someone brings in lunch or treats to work. So hard to pass them up.

JerseyAmy - I really like the idea of the vases and stones. Maybe I'll put them in my bathroom so I see it every morning. Maybe that will help me with my commitment problems.

Julie - 90 minutes a day??? I'm lucky to get in 30 most days.

Kristen - Congrats on quitting smoking. You will feel so much better and wonder why you ever did that to yourself.

Barbara - I had the same wake up call yesterday at the doctor. He told me what I weighed and it appears I've put on 10 pounds since Easter!! Ack - what have I done to myself??

Liza - I can only imagine how busy you must be with all the news coming out of LA the last couple of days. Hopefully it will slow down a little bit for you.

Nicole - I don't think anyone would blame you for hanging around the pool on days like we've been having. Hot and humid. I just hope you're having a blast swimming with the kiddos.

To anyone else I've missed, Hi. Have a great weekend everyone. I'll check back in when I can.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:45 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewljz View Post
I found this on our wellness website at work and was surprised to read that you need 60-90 min a day to maintain a significant weight loss!

Be Physically Active.

30 minutes of physical activity most days of the week to support general good health
60 minutes per day if you tend towards weight gain
60-90 minutes per day to help maintain a significant weight loss
All physical activity counts. If you cannot always do as much as is recommended, try to do as much as you can
I think the most important point there is that ALL physical activity counts. You don't have to spend 60 to 90 minutes a day in the gym. Park further from the front door to the store you're going to shop in and walk the extra distance. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Scrub your bathroom, sweep your floors. It all adds up and is part of that 60 to 90 minutes! All we have to do is get up and MOVE
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:48 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoochie View Post
Well someone just bought our staff pizza' and DQ Ice Cream cake. Nice!!!!
But I stuck to my plan and had half a chicken breast with salad for lunch. Well everybody ate cake, I had a slimfast bar.
I am learning to get thru temptation but man its hard eh!
Okay well I was just having a proud moment because I survived the lunchroom!!
Have a great weekend!

Oh and Julie, now I have way more exercise to do if I want to lose weight...agh!
Congrats on surviving this.....I can't begin to tell you how much I hate our office parties.....there really needs to be an alternative to the pizza and cakes. Veggie and fruit trays? Maybe I'll suggest that as a nice add-on next time around. Although if that's available I think they're going to have a LOT of cake left over!
Old 06-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewljz View Post
I didn't make the philly cheesesteaks yesterday... gonna make them today and try a recipe for watermelon coctails
Mmmm I LOVE watermelon! Please let me know how the watermelon cocktails turn out!!
Old 06-27-2009, 12:57 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
Oh well, all I can do is start from where I am here and try to do better...
Exactly! It's a new day and time to forget about any past failures. Today we can do better....one meal at a time....one workout at a time....one pound at a time.....one day at a time!!
Old 06-27-2009, 01:11 PM   #59  

Hi everyone! Hope all is well and POP.

I've got a new hobby that I'm so excited about! Thursday night I started a series of classes on preserving the harvest -- there are six classes on canning and 2 classes on dehydrating foods. The classes are Thursday and Friday nights so I've gone to two of them so far. The canning is extremely easy and a lot of fun and what I'm really excited about is that we have a lot of farms and farmers markets where I can get fruits and veggies quite inexpensively and this will allow me to enjoy that yummy fresh taste all year long.....tastewise, food you've canned yourself just blows the doors off that stuff you get on the supermarket shelf. I still can't get over how easy it is! And I love the fact that it doesn't have a bunch of chemicals I can't pronounce. So far I've canned tomatoes, salsa, peaches, peach juice (saving this for a martini or bellini), plums, and mangoes. The dehydrating classes are at the end of the series, and I've already done some of this -- dehydrated strawberry slices make the most incredible snack, and are really good in oatmeal too. And dried pineapple is way better than candy! My hubby wants me to dry him some apple rings to snack on so I may pick up some apples for that today. Our instructor was telling us about this grower's outlet that has all this local produce at great prices so I'm going to check that out today. I'm hoping to get strawberries, tomatoes, cherries and apples today. We made and canned the best salsa I've ever had in my whole entire life Thursday night and I'm going to have to make more. I don't think I can go back to eating Pace now that I've had the good stuff!

Enjoy the weekend!
Old 06-28-2009, 06:25 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Hello to everyone. I have been on vacation this week and not had internet service since Monday. We have had some pretty violent thunderstorms and they have knocked power,cable, internet out all over the place. My vacation is almost over and I am ready to go back to work. I did not eat well this week but I did exercise everyday and do an enormous amount of household chores so when I weighed in I lost 3.4 pounds. I was so amazed. It really suprised me so now I am 4 pounds to wonderland and I am going to stay on plan and do my best to get those 4 pounds off as soon as I can.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I will do better keeping up with everyone this week!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote