Old 06-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #16  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

My husband had a friend at work who used to get teased about eating the same thing for lunch everyday, he was an 8 year maintainer on weight watchers lost 195lbs. Sadly he gave into the pressure of constantly being teased and bothered, and really let it set him into a bad cycle, he started using food as comfort again and he gained back 95lbs. It was sad to see, no one meant to cause him any harm, no one thought just a bite of something different would hurt him but food can have a lot of control over some people.

I personally am obsessive about what I eat, I don't consider it a bad thing at all. I am obsessive because it works for me, I have the complete control over exactly what I am putting into my body.
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #17  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

I simply say "No, thank you" and most people will stop at that. However, there are always going to be people who push and ask questions.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:03 PM   #18  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

oh how I hate the just one bite wont hurt you mantra, but the truth is, it does....social eating has so many triggers, and the food pushers I know mean well. I do not mean any disrespect for those who have put in the hard work either. But I find it helps to be prepared and bring your own food., and to just be firm when you say no, I hate the eye rolls when I say Im watching my weight, or i dont eat sugar etc..,
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:00 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

With some people, "no thank you" will not do, but I find it important not to be confrontatinal.

"No, I don`t need that" would probably verge on insulting me if I was the person who offered something. It`s not like they want to poison you (well, most of the time).

What often helps me is "not now, thanks". It implies that, in principle, I`d enjoy it but just now, I really am not hungry.
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:23 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 174/131.5/132

Height: 5'8"

I usually tell pressuring co-workers who want me to indulge on foods I don't want or eat, thanks for asking, butif it doesn't grow on a tree or come out of the ground, I don't eat it. The response seems to work and they don't pursue it further.
njsweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote