Old 06-10-2009, 11:40 AM   #31  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

joan--i used to order my luna bars from amazon.com--free shipping if you spend $25 or more. my faves are the berry almond (for breakfast) and the caramel nut brownie (for desserts at night)
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:16 PM   #32  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Thanks Jillian. I am going to try them. I know some of you like the south beach better so maybe I will see if I can order both kinds.
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #33  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoochie View Post
Lori- Good for you doing all that mowing and weeding. that's got to count for lots of exercise! I giggled when you said sewing is fun. I suck at sewing!
My husband wishes I would sew, I took a sewing class in grade 8, thats it. I can't even stitch something small. Everything I own goes to an alteration place for hemming, etc. Atcually my daughter bought a pair on expensive yoga pants and she wanted to wear them right away so because I don't sew, I taped them on the inside. It's kinda funny! My Mother was mortified!
Well, my daughter turned 14 yesterday and she didn't beg for her nose ring!!! yippee. I have family coming for dinner tonight to celebrate. I am keeping it somewhat healthy. Ribs, asparagus and a big yummy green salad. I think My Mom is bringing ice cream cake but I don't like ice cream so I should be able to get thru that...hehe
Have a great day everyone!
By the way, I have to order luna bars online because I can't find them anywhere here not even at Walmart.

Joan
I hope your daughters birthday goes well.Your dinner sounds wonderful.Sewing is a form of relaxation for me.That has to be a relief that your daughter didn't want a nose ring.My daughter is going on 16 and wants a lip piercing.Not sure we will be doing that.Maybe when she is 18.LOL.
Clanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:47 AM   #34  
WonderWoman

good morning all.
another day on plan for me..this will be #4 in a row for me. what's the saying..it only takes 21 days to make a habit? soooo...17 more to go.

speaking of habits..nicole, how's the not smoking going? and how's emily doing with being away from home?

hello to everyone! i'll be back later! gotta do some laundry.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #35  
Amy

Morning guys!

Went to Ruby Tuesday last night and am hoping it's not going to kill my WI. I had planned ahead of time to get the grilled chicken with certain sides, but ended up with the Ruby Minis. I only got 2 instead of 4 and I ate my entire salad before eatting them.

I need to come up with an exercise plan today. My in-laws have a treadmill they don't use that I would love to commandeer... The subdivision where we're living is filled with hills, so walking outside would be good too. THe only thing is it's SOOOO hot!

Well, talk to you guys later!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #36  

Height: 5'6

Hello all! So I dug out all my Weight Watchers books and am starting back on that tommorrow. I need some more structure to keep track of what I am eating and WW has been the only thing that I would lose consistently on and stuck for a long time.
I seem to have injured my ankle exercising...at first I thought I was just stiff, could barely walk down stairs but the bone on the inside of my ankle hurts to touch....I AM finishing this 30 day challenge though. I may have to modify a bit but I really want to finish it!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:05 AM   #37  
WonderWoman

i don't want to put a ticker up!
Old 06-11-2009, 11:15 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Jillian- I know the feeling but it is great when you get to see it move towards your goal.

Kristin- Good luck with WW, I hope you have great success

Amy- you will eventually get use to the heat, I know it gets hot in NJ but the south has a different humid kind of heat, your body will soon get use to it. It is suppose to cool down just a little over the next 7 days however it is calling for rain so I am not sure that will allow you to walk outside or not. The treadmill sounds like it would be what you need.

Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday!! One and a half days til the weekend!! yah!! and 10 days until my Vacation another yah!! Work has been difficult and slow this week, sometimes the heat just makes people carzier than usual!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #39  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hay Kristen I was just considering WW. I do not like the new plan that the COD is offering at all! I just need something new I think. I want to go to meetings too. I can't afford it right now but I think at the end of the summer I am going to start going to some meetings. I wish I had the books.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:02 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kristin, sorry to hear about your ankle. I hope it feels better quickly. We all have to keep trying to find a plan we can live with and stick with as you really do have to keep doing it for the rest of your life.

Joan, I don't know if this is helpful to you, as it is hard to describe how to get yourself out of an eating cycle, but for me it is just very firmly deciding to stop, and to focus on my goals....What do I really want? That question is the most effective for me to decide what to do. I have to stop and ask myself that, since most of the time I don't think about it before I eat... but when I am in a bad cycle I do have to stop, ask myself and get back to a place of motivation to make the changes stick for life and not let bad habits take over again. Sometimes I have to do a TO to get myself out of a carb cycle. I do find the bars to be helpful also.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:09 PM   #41  

Cecil, WW is pretty easy to do on your own. Some people like the meetings for the accountability but leaders vary so much it's not worth it for some leaders...plus they push their products at some meetings. Other leaders and meetings give a lot of good advice as well.

You could just go to the first few meetings and do it on your own, or find some books somewhere online and do it on your own. Lots of options!
Old 06-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Joan - can we visit your beach house when its ready? sounds wonderful!

Amy - I live in south texas, its really really HOT here and I live in a hilly neighborhood also - walking in the very early morning is a great way to start the day, you should try it!

My new plan includes playing outside as much as possible to get as dark as I can so that I look smaller Because the eating thing just isn't working anymore!!!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #43  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

HA! Julie you crack me up! I am in that rut right now. I can get all my gym time in. But my eating habits are not so great. UGH! I am making small strides back into the habit of eating healthy. It is seriously such a battle. But I cannot imagine how tough it would be if I didn't have you ladies, well and Dan too I guess. HA!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:15 AM   #44  

This is getting soooo frustrating! I only lost 0.8lb this week! Didn't even lose the 1 lb I gained last week with TOM! Grrrr And I am in complete agony and pain from all the exercise! But without seeing results....a little peek is showing maybe some inches lost but not a lot.

I dunno, maybe I'm not being as good food wise as I think I am? Hopefully getting back to counting points on WW will help.....I can't give up!
Old 06-12-2009, 09:12 AM   #45  
WonderWoman

Xanthia's first REAL smile! and i captured a picture of it!!!! so cute!