exercise cycling with calorie cycling

• Hey guys,

Really quick question. Sorry if this has been answered a million times but, when calorie cycling, should I also be exercise cycling? Basically, my question is, even though I am eating more calories some days, should I still be aiming for the same calorie deficit? Today is a high calorie day for me... but I am also going power walking on the bike trail for 3-4 hours today (it's so nice out!), and that's in addition to my hour workout this morning.

Thanks for any input!
  • Quote: Hey guys,

Really quick question. Sorry if this has been answered a million times but, when calorie cycling, should I also be exercise cycling? Basically, my question is, even though I am eating more calories some days, should I still be aiming for the same calorie deficit? Today is a high calorie day for me... but I am also going power walking on the bike trail for 3-4 hours today (it's so nice out!), and that's in addition to my hour workout this morning.

Thanks for any input!
    I count calories but I don't intentionally cycle them but I've noticed that if I take an extra long bike ride 20+ miles or run 6+ miles I'm more hungry the next day. I try to stick to 30% carbs in my diet so the next day I bump it up to 40% and eat a couple hundred more calories. I think it helps replace glycogen stores so you have more energy. Then I'll go back to my usual plan the next day and maybe eat less. I think you have to do what makes your body feel good, that's my 2 cents

Enjoy the hike! I wish I could do that today instead of sitting in my office staring out the window.