Old 06-02-2009, 02:40 PM   #16  

Height: 5'6

Well I have successfully avoided the office birthday cake for the 3rd time in the past week! YAY!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #17  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinx View Post
Well I have successfully avoided the office birthday cake for the 3rd time in the past week! YAY!
that's awesome! here's your reward:
i made a dark chocolate fudge cake with chocolate ganache on sunday! it's calorie free!

JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good Tuesday afternoon to you all!! We have a wii and I think we would not have survived winter without it. My children enjoy the Guitar hero stuff, the guitar,microphone and drums it is very fun and something more than on child can participate in at a time. I do not have the wii fit, I do however do the boxing on the sports part sometimes and it works your arms out at first until you know how to box. I like the Dancing with the stars game too. For young kids I am not sure I have a 6 year old and he does the guitar hero and loves it, he also likes the baseball games because he likes the little bat.

This week is going by slow, i am having a lot of work issues and supervisior issues can not wait until my vacation I need a break!!! Hope everyone is doing well and staying on plan.

KristinX- great job on resisting the cake very hard to do sometimes

Jillian- how did the MIL visit go???

Nicole- the breadsticks sound great, sounds like everyone is going to enjoy your hard work

To everyone I missed hello!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:17 PM   #19  

haha Thanks Jillian! That looks delicious!!!

Off to do my workout while BF cooks dinner
Old 06-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

thanks everyone for the game ideas - you guys really make me want to ditch the birthday gift idea and buy myself a wii fit!!! But I keep telling myself I need to be OUTSIDE! I need to break out of my shell and just get active outside! and besides, I'm always freezing now so the warmth will do me some good...
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:04 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Here is our little fountain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lunapic-124396898049791.jpg (58.3 KB, 19 views)
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:16 PM   #22  

Height: 5'7"

Default Starting over...again

Hello everyone!

I am coming back to these boards to find motivation, support, and some good ideas! I was successful on LAWL back in the Spring of 2006 (I lost about 40 lbs.) but then I became pregnant and gained it all back...well I now have a beautiful 2 year old daughter, but because it has been 2 years and 4 months since her birth I am now starting to realize that I cannot keep calling it 'baby weight' and it is time to claim the poundage as my own...So, I know that LAWL and the elliptical trainer worked for me before and I am ready to try it again! But I am really worried about no longer being able to get the lites...those carmel crunch lites were the key to my success! I was able to avoid cheating so long as I had my two "candy bars" to look forward to...I am a chocoholic...yeah, the chocolate cake pick is making me drool...does anybody have any suggestions regarding bars they use in place of the lites that are tasty (aka do NOT taste like cardboard)? Any info would be hugely appreciated! Thanks so much!
Emmasmamma
emmasmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:42 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good morning. Hope everyone has a Wonderful Wednesday!!! Hope everyone is doing well and having an on plan week. I have done well except for last night we had a date night first one in 4 months and we went to TGI Fridays and I had the dragon fire chicken. It was on the low fat plan, except for the sauce he should be ok, grilled chicken, brown rice and brocoli. I also indulged in Frozen yogurt too, which most of that is on plan just not as low-fat as they should be. I did drink some extra water and have done 20 minutes of cardio the past 3 days so I hope there is no damage and of course you know who is getting ready to visit this week...Anyway I need to step up the exercise but it has just been so incredibly humid here definately no evening walks.

Barbara- your fountain is great it looks very professional and is a wonderful addition to your yard.

Emmasmamma- you could try the luna bars or ordering the la lites on ebay I ordered some and they were great- jsut check the expiration dates with the seller. Also If you scan down there is a thread about lites/bars that has some suggestions and comparisons.

Jillian- your cake looks delicious!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #24  

My BF ate my very last Chocolate Mint LA Lite bar! I am sooo MAD! Probably my fave and impossible to find more
Old 06-03-2009, 08:54 AM   #25  
Amy

Hey guys!

It's nota good day today. I am up 3.5 pounds. I have been exercising sooo much with tennis that I am hurting!

My kitchen is out of commission as my sink is in the process of being repaired. As a result I have been off plan. Back OP hopefully tomorrow when i can have my sink (with the filter) again!

Have a great day guys!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:08 AM   #26  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning all.
DD had her first t-ball game of the season, she has so much fun with it. it's too cute to watch 5 and 6yr olds attempting to play! it was a bit chilly because of the wind, but overall, ok.

thanks for the comments on the cake..and if you can believe it or not, i haven't had a piece of it either! yay me!

the MIL visit was good. she loved holding the baby and i got a few extra naps in, so that was nice.

i still haven't gotten my exercise started, but will after my check up next week. i swear!

if anyone is into praying, would you mind keeping me and my family in your prayers..i don't want to get into it or discuss it, but any prayers would be much appreciated right now.

oh and i think i'm getting some type of allergy too. i found that i was allergic to pine when i lived in NC, but not sure what it is now. but my throat is very sore and my face hurts. it feels like sinuses, but not sure. so that's been sucking for me the past few days. ick.

anyways..i really need to get to the store--for diapers, wipes and formula..i hope baby X cooperates, otherwise i may just wait until DH gets off work.

hope everyone has a good day!!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:12 AM   #27  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Julie- I love walking outside far better than exercising on my poor dusty treadmill. For me, it just feels better. I also get more uphill then if I was at home. I have been walking about 4 nights a week.

Barb- Your fountain is beauiful. I love to be in my yard but I don't really have a greenthumb. I actually just bought a few rose bushes on the weekend and planted them. I hope I don't kill them!

Jillian- Ohhh Chocolate cake!! It looks so delicious.....

Amy- You are probably feeling bad about the weight gain but it happens to all of us. With your kitchen circumstances, it makes it a littler harder. You will get back on track!

Yesterday I went to my doctor for an issue I am having and he told me that either I am going thru early menopause or I need to start cutting down on some of my caffiene and sodium intake. I sure hope its not early menopause because I am only 42 years old. So today I am drinking my decaf tea. Its just not the same as my starbucks expresso. I don't know if I can do this!!!
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:38 PM   #28  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - I can't remember when I last posted - deefinitely not this week, and maybe not last week either! Life has been pretty crazy lately with family functions, friend functions and work. Whew!

I've started walking in the early morning before work, because I haven't been getting to the gym in the evenings since I am taking a 5 week long course. I am normally not a morning person, but this has been working out really well - it is just so peaceful in the AM. I am wiped out by nighttime, though - gotta get to bed earlier now.

I haven't read the old posts, so I'm not sure what everyone is up to, so I'll just wish you all a great day!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 177/155.00/135

Height: 5.0

Hello everyone, It is beautiful here in Vancouver 23c/73f.

Hope you have a wonderful day. I have been on the plan but some how I am stuck, I am working out and probably that's why, although I feel the difference in my cloth and I feel great.

All the best to all of you.
Carolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi Amy and Carolita, I always tend to gain just a couple of pounds when I start some new exercise program. So you'll probably see the scale start back down soon.

Jillian, How did you resist that lovely cake? You must be feeling quite strong.

Kim! Good to see you posting!

Joan, I had a friend who started going through menopause at 36, so it can happen. I think that there is a blood test that they can give you to tell if that is the case I think.

I'm still doing my modified carb plan (so the cake looks especially tempting and forbidden). I am doing the Schwartzbein plan, which you get a small number of carbohydrates in a day. In fact I think it is kind of similiar to the LAWL FF plan, as I can have about one piece of fruit or a very light starch 3 times a day. I guess I'm such the carb addict that even when I go low carbs, it is not too low.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote