Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 10:33 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 276/see ticker

Height: 5'4

Just a quick note and then I'm off to bed. Today was a good day. I worked and then came home and got my yard mowed. Credit me for mowing when I would have rather watched TV.

The 220's are still making me wait. I should see it in the morning, I hope! I've been staying onplan 100%, credit. The 90 minutes of mowing was my exercise for today. I'm going to try to mow my folks yard tomorrow. That will be another two hours of good exercise.

I'll do personals tomorrow evening. I should get home at a decent time.

Here's to a great Beck day for everyone!

All best,

Beth
Old 06-14-2009, 11:44 PM   #107  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Red face Sunday evening

Good Evening Coaches

I had a very full day today. I spent 4 hours in training at the new east end extension location of the art school where I am going to be a summer children's program technician. There are 5 of us who are going to be technicians and I don't think I'll like it very much but that's besides the point.
I won't really know that until I do it. I may be surprised.

I started reading Thin for Life and I like it. It's a very positive very motivating book about weight loss that is possible and specifically about the people who did it. I can see why this book gets recommended.

Food today wasn't very good. I ate because I felt out of place and uncomfortable during orientation. And then I ate because I was relieved it was over. Food as reward. And I ate because I am over scheduled and have had no time to myself. School ended at the end of April and it's been busier than ever. Grad is soon, the 25th, so that will end much of the frenziness, and then a month later I get to go on holiday and I am so looking forward to it.

Anyway just wanted to check in with the group. Have a great evening and a good night

PS I don't think I reported in with my biggest credit for the week: I passed my driving test on Friday and now have a full driver's license!
Old 06-15-2009, 07:32 AM   #108  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

onebyone~ Congratulations on getting your drivers license!

Beth~ Kudos for getting yard work done instead of watching tv!

~~

Im a bit more organized this morning. My plan is to be 100% op!

Have an awesome day everyone!
Old 06-15-2009, 09:19 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default thanks, Robin

Just checked in to see who would start us off w/o BillBE. Thanks, Robin.

Been dealing with two serious and complicated family health issues, a personal crisis that has had me sad and bawling at a moment's notice for the past month, crunch time at work, a mildly messed up lower back right during the most critical garden time, and even a sick dawg who ended up at the vet's yesterday, emergency room style. Proves one thing I have always known: I am not a stress eater.

I am a celebratory eater, and since I am a normally very happy person, no wonder I have been fat for 80% of my days!

So, now I am just wondering if the stress will last me all the way below my goal! Silver lining, I guess.

I must say this:

When I see what so many of my dear Beckies are dealing with, it does give me perspective; things could be alot worse. I am keeping a good thought for all.

I hope we can all keep this in mind:

Much of what we are facing is out of our control. How we think about, plan, and act regarding our diet, IS within our control, and Beck shows us how. The choice is ours. Staying on plan, grabbing and using the Beck tools does give us control. We just have to do it.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:22 AM   #110  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Height: 5'7"

WI: +1
Pain: 1/4/6
Activity level: 4

This'll have to be short. Busy day planned and I'm already behind due to issues with changing my services over to the new apartment. This appears to be one of those emotional days, such as I haven't had in a while. Started with some uncomfortable dreams which I won't go into. On to transferring service and having to set up automatic payments on our Internet because of an outstanding account I don't even recognize. Ugh. I hate automatic payments.

I'm running off at the fingers. Let's see... yesterday's credits:

choosing chicken breast on wheat bun instead of typical company picnick hamburger and hotdogs, with only a half-cup of potato salad on the side and no dessert. (too bad I wrecked it with sonic burger, onion rings and blast later, but at least that was a jr burger) , Some PT... not as much as I have scheduled still... *sigh* ? volunteering to set up Mom's care coordination webtools.

Going to be on plan today. Period. Easier today since I'm not planning to go anywhere and fast food temptation will be slight. My biggest danger is emotional eating, but I plan to counter that with a good cry followed by loud music and a lot of productivity.

Sorry, no time for personals. I've got to run down to the office, tell them about carpenter ants, do PT and start cleaning and packing.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:14 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile Monday

WI-up 0.5 lbs. Read my cards and made a plan. Food – op, Exercise – op. Fatigue 3.7 (1=Felt Great, 5=Extreme Fatigue). I was very fatigued, and worked from bed today. The mental effects were pretty bad – lots of brain fog etc… It’s hard to say for sure but my fatigue levels this month definitely seem to be higher than last month. I wonder if it’s thyroid or an interaction with stress. I’m not sure what to do though.
Bill hope you are having fun…

Damiere Credit for making your ACs! Which do you think is the most powerful for you (if you don’t mind my asking…)

Beth Credit for op food and mowing. Hope the weather cooperated and you could mow today.

one by one for your driver’s license. Ouch for the off-plan eating. I hope you like your new job.

Robin Kudos for your positive attitude and hope you are, indeed, 100% op.

maryblu It sounds like you are definitely going through a rough patch and I’m sorry. Kudos for keeping up a pragmatic, yet, positive attitude. You are right our diet is under our control and we are all lucky we have found Beck, who is leading us on the path. I hope things get easier/better for you soon.

Tera Sorry for the pain levels, but I suppose that might be due to the activity level… Ouch for the poor food choices, but credit for your dedication to being op today.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:08 PM   #112  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Credit for making your ACs! Which do you think is the most powerful for you (if you don’t mind my asking…)
I think the ones that have the most power for me are the personal ones that have back stories of embarrassment: never let my weight hold me back anymore (was told I couldn't ride not one, not two, but three plus roller coasters that I waited HOURS for), I'll be able to walk up 4-H camp hills with ease (the thing that pushed to me to start my journey was a 40/50 year old diabetic telling me that he was smokin' me on the hill. I know it was a joke but it made me realize my weight was holding me back), and to feel happy and in control. When I am working on a healthy lifestyle, I feel amazing and in control.

Today I've been trying to tackle the sitting down while eating and I just realized how much of my mindless eating/binging is while standing up. I was doing good until I saw to eat some toast and realize I already had a few bites standing up.

Last edited by Daimere; 06-15-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:21 PM   #113  
persist

Unhappy Starting to get fed up with me

Well coaches I may be coming close to turning the corner.

This morning the scale was 2 lbs shy of my all time high set 5 years ago. I reduced my weight then by going on the most expensive, most severe diet program I have ever been on complete with B vitamin injections weekly, given to me by a nurse, and after 9 months of adhering my hair started to fall out and I stopped short of a 100lb loss, getting to 99lbs down, asking them for help to get over the hump to 100 and they had....nothing.
I left without maintenance. I left without looking back. I left angry and not having learned a thing and here I am.
It's taken me 5 years to re-gain 97lbs. I bounced between 238 and 249 immediately after leaving that diet program and stayed there for 2 1/2 years. But in the last two years I have been on a steady climb to hovering between 248 and 260 and now this year I am between 258 and 270.
I was 274 this morning.
OMG that feels SO BIG. Wow. I can feel my eyes tearing up. I never seem to do anything until my back is against the wall. Guess I had to go to a very obvious no choice space.

Anyway I am going upstairs to read my new book. I need some encouragement to do this and some direction. I think I'll find it in those pages and I definitely get it from my coaches. You just keep going, keep trying. And I know that can be me again. I know it.

Have a good night.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:23 AM   #114  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

WI: none
Pain: 0/3/7
Activity: 4

Credits: counting calories , making a plan to handle a pizza dinner (one of my triggers) and sticking to it , eating less pizza than planned when hunger was satisfied , PT almost completely on schedule , clothes shopping

It's another brief post today. Yesterday was indeed an emotional roller-coaster. I've started sorting through things and packing them away. I've got the services set to be transfered and a truck rental lined up for this weekend.

Mom got home last night. I've been trying to establish a group calendar for all Mom's caregivers, but we are having access problems with one or two.

We had pizza dinner to celebrate. Having us all there at once during a mealtime was kinda funny from the outside... imagine 4 nurses all trying to help give her the first blood sugar test and insulin injection!

Definitely ended on a high note and stayed on plan. I only wish I could get to the pool more often, but thing will settle down.

Congratulations Daimere for getting well and started. Realizing you had taken bites of toast standing up is a good start - you are becoming more aware of your habits.

onebyone I'm sorry you're in a sad and angry place. I hope that this is the last time you find yourself there.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:35 AM   #115  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Tera~ have you tried google calendars? Hubs and I share a calendar and it works pretty good for us.

onebyone~ Im so sorry you are at the place you are. It will get better!

ChinaMaine~ ouch for brain fog I hope the stress lifts soon! That has to be one of the worst things for our health.

to everyone!

I was op all day until about 8pm The sugar cravings hit and I did a little binge

I'll get there....

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:56 AM   #116  

Coaches/Buddies I crashed my bike on Sunday and have been off since then. It wasn't a bad crash as far as these things go, but I'm tired and sore, and just blah. Eating has been way off, which unfortunately is normal when I'm having physical issues.

I'll try to be more consistent checking in again.

Personals later, but quick to onebyone. That corner is just waiting for you to turn it.

Anne
Old 06-16-2009, 09:27 AM   #117  
persist

Lightbulb See ya later week 1 day 1 of 6 weeks

Hello Coaches

I felt super puffy yesterday and there it is this morning, reflected on the scale. 275. Well coaches with that I am now following the 6 week non-dieting approach in the Thin For Life book.
See ya later big number on the scale. Don't let the door hit you on your way OUT of MY LIFE

This is week one: pay attention to fats oils and sweets.

I can do that.

Credit moi for (1a) eating breakfast (1b)without adding extra fat
2) writing it down in fitday
3) taking my multi-vitamin and calcium+magnesium supplement
4) have 4 glasses of water already
5) getting documents ready to get my pass to the community pool - I need to prove residency here and I can
6) the decision to do this thing already. <--- = determination.

Thanks everyone for hanging in there with me. I made it through 3 years of art school with an A average; I took on the job of organizing and Art in the Park; I took on the job of working with kids this summer (I've avoided that one for years); I am re-starting my craft business too so I if can do all those things I can watch my fats, oils and sweets this week.

Gotta run. Enjoy your day Becksters!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:39 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 276/see ticker

Height: 5'4

Morning, All. The scale has been kind to me. I am finally in the 220's. 229.0 to be exact. Woo hoo. Credit me. I've lost 7.5 lbs in the last three weeks. Credit. I guess, that's what staying on plan does for you. I just need to figure out how to fit more exercise in. With this new job and working 7 days a week, it's been a little tough.

Not much going on. The new job is going well. I'm going out with my sister tonight, so I am planning very carefully what I'm going to eat / drink. The last thing I want is to see the scale go up over one dinner.

Anne - I'm sorry to hear about your bike crash. I had a few when I was riding all the time. It comes with the sport but still no fun. I hope you heal quickly.

Robin - Looks like you had mostly a good day. Give yourself credit for that.

Tera - Super credit on limiting the pizza. That's a tough one. It's great that your mom is home already. I'm sure she will be more comfortable in her own bed. You're right, things will settle down. I see that pool calling your name.

Onebyone - I'm sorry you're feeling down. I've been in your place. Sometimes it just takes "something" to make a person ready to make a real change. I don't know what that "something" is. I'm sure, it is different for everyone. This new job of mine has really helped. I can't isolate myself anymore. I meet new people everyday, and I can't stand being over weight around them. You'll find your "something".

Daimere - It is all about being aware of your actions. The toast shows that you are becoming aware. Credit for that.

ChinaMaine - I am sure that the stress of your husband losing his job is part of the pain level and brain fog. Cut yourself some slack while you're going through this tough patch.

Have a great day!

Beth
Old 06-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile Tuesday

WI-down 0.75 lbs. (new low) Read my cards and made a plan. Food – op, Exercise – op. Fatigue 1.5 (1=Felt Great, 5=Extreme Fatigue). I feel much better today.
Damiere I think what you are talking about in terms of feeling of control is something that maryblu mentioned yesterday as well. I whole-heartedly agree that having a feeling control is very empowering. You’ll be flying up those 4-H hills soon I’m sure!

one by one I’m sorry you are such a sad place. -- You’ll be turning that corner soon – every moment is an opportunity to start again.

Ha! Looks like you turned the corner this AM! Good luck with your new plan, sounds like a good one.

Tera It’s nice you guys all had a pizza dinner together. Funny imagry about the 4 nurses and 1 very well tended patient! Credit for stopping eating pizza when you were no longer hungry! Once again, I’m sorry to see the pain level elevated. Hopefully when your Mom is settled and you have unpacked in your new place, a lot of stress will be gone… (and you’ll get back to the pool more often)

Robin Credit for being op for most of the day!

Anne for the crash and hope you feel better soon!

Beth for getting into the 220s!! Your hard work is definitely paying off. Have fun with your sis and credit for planning ahead on the food. Even if you are op, the scale my show a bump tomorrow because restaurant food tends to be salty. So, remember that if you’re op, the scale will drop right back down in a day or two.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:30 PM   #120  

Coaches/Buddies It's official. I'm too far off the path of making good choices and it is time to get my backside back on track before I start doing damage. I didn't even track food today, and I almost always do that. A sign.

So here is my plan:
  • I will read my ARC tomorrow.
  • I will read my Memory Cards tomorrow.
  • Thursday, I'll do my run.
  • Thursday, I'll write down my food plan for the day and pack my lunch.
  • I'll check in here every day.
  • I'll read the Response Cards appropriate to my situation.

I'm giving myself credit for catching the pattern and making a list. A lot of stuff starts Thursday since tomorrow is another meeting day at work with lots of stress and lots of food. I'll do my best, but am targeting Thursday for a more realistic restart.

onebyone Glad to hear you are doing the 6 week Thin for Life program! We can restart together.

Beth Nice work on the weight loss, and thanks for letting us know it can be done. I get frustrated with my scale from time to time and forget it actually moves when I'm taking the actions I need to take to lose weight.

Thanks for your thoughts on the crash. I'm bruised, sore and lost a little skin, but it was nothing too serious. I'd ride tomorrow, but I'm getting meetinged out.

ChinaMaine Great to see your weight and fatigue are down!

Robin Sorry about your binge. It was good to see your blog entry though. Small steps.

Tera Great to see your purple people. It must be tough getting ready to move and help your mom. I second Robin's recommendation of Google Calendar.

Daimere Welcome! Glad to hear you got some meaningful ACs! Good luck on that sitting down thing. I'm forced to admit that I did a much better job of being mindful, but never mastered the sitting down thing. I'd love to blame my kids, but I just can't sit still for long.

maryblu Hope your issues settle out soon. Sending virtual .

Back tomorrow!

Anne

Last edited by AnneWonders; 06-16-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Closed Thread