Old 05-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #1  
Cute, Curvy, Coquettish

Location: Manchester, New Hampshire. Originally from California

S/C/G: 192.5/180ish- I think! /150.0

Height: 5'1"

Default You on a Diet book

Hi there

Thinking of purchasing You on a Diet and just wanted some feedback before I do so.

Is it an easy read?

Is it all in medical terms or simple terms for the average person to understand.

Does it include a 'diet' guide? Recipes?

Any information would be appreciated.

thanks.....gail
bunny43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:07 PM   #2  
Lovin' Zumba!

There are a lot of medical terms, but Dr. Oz makes it fun with cartoons and funny analogies to help you to understand what he is talking about. There is lots and lots of information in there, but I think it's quite helpful to read it all, as it helps you to understand the "why's" behind what he's asking you to do for the program.

Check it out from your local library to see what you think - as it's been out for a few years, it should be easy to get there.
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

My best take home point from that book was that it's fine to eat the same thing everyday for breakfast and lunch. I may not do exactly that, but I am a bit repetitive.

It seems like an obvious thing. But most diet and menu plans overdose on variety, trying to show you what you can have and trying to look appealing. But it's tiring to plan and cook entirely different for every meal, at least it was for me. It wasn't so much that I needed permission to simplify, but to even notice and realize that that was where the problem was.

I also like the idea of starting with something, preferably with a little fat in it, while prepping / cooking dinner. It really does, at least for me, help me realize I'm full by the time I'm done with dinner.

Also, the idea of working with the hormones that signal hunger and satiety was one of those before/after moments for me, just like Superfoods were. Both helped me to see food as friend instead of foe.

But I don't know if I would buy the book instead of checking it out from the library. I definitely wouldn't now, but it probably would have been worth it earlier on, if you're the type that needs to mark up a book while readiing.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote