Old 05-27-2009, 10:14 AM   #31  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning all.

amy--you're right about the iced coffee. just make sure you get sugar free syrup. i just add 1 packet of splenda to mine and a splash of soymilk (like a tablespoon.) but that's only if i'm drinking iced coffee. if i'm having hot coffee, i like it black.

so i journalled and got all my water in yesterday. yay me! i did realize that i'm definitely not eating enough--especially protein. so i made my spicy veggie lentil soup (a huge batch) so i've got that in the freezer. it's a great source of protein/veggies so that works for me. and i went and got almonds, egg beaters, string cheese, cottage cheese, natural peanut butter and tons of soy stuff, so now i have no excuse not to get all my protein in--well, except the that the baby is so demanding lately that i can barely put her down for a few mins to eat or get bottles/laundry washed, so i usually choose the chores. bad, i know. but it is what it is.
i'm conscious of how little i've been eating now and what i've been missing as far as protein, fruits, etc. so now i just need to make more of an effort.

anyways..gotta go for now. i'll try to check back later!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:53 AM   #32  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Thanks for the hugs girls! I actually slept last night. I was exhausted....
I got home and had my healthy supper since I am doing TO, then I went for a long walk with my other dog. It was a quiet and relaxing night.
I am glad TO is only two days. Okay well I just thought I would check in.
mmmm iced coffee sounds really good, I need caffiene!!
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:01 PM   #33  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Now you girls have me thinking that I need to put on a pot of coffee to put in the fridge. I love iced coffee too!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:20 PM   #34  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

The iced coffee sounds fantastic.I am going to have to try it.I have sugar free caramel and vanilla syrup.Is any brand of soy milk better than the other.My daughters like the almond breeze milk.
Clanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:42 PM   #35  
WonderWoman

lori, I prefer silk lite vanilla.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:55 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoochie View Post
Back at work today. I put my dog dexter down yesterday. It was heart breaking. I still feel sick to my stomach. My son and I laid there with him while they gave him the injection. I didn't sleep last night. It's going to be a crappy day at work!!
I decided since I am down that I would do Take off today and tomorrow. My appetite is down anyways so I might as well take advantage of my circumstance.
I just feel so dam sad!!!! Can't wait til this feeling goes away!
Sorry you had to do this...I know it had to be an extremely hard decision.
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:02 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnita View Post
I ate everything in sight this weekend -- dreading weighing in! But I got back on track yesterday, writing everything down and eating what I should be. It is hard when you have a houseful of company, and everyone is eating junk and drinking margaritas. I have no will power when it comes to margaritas...
Can you count the margarita into your daily quotas.....for example, I would count 1 oz. of alcohol as a starch, the lime as a fruit, if it's got sweet and sour mix in it I'd also count it as a starch.....definitely not recommended to use your food exchanges this way, but I'm thinking more as a way of minimizing the damage.

WTG getting back on track right away - that's an extremely important thing to do!
Old 05-27-2009, 03:16 PM   #38  

I also loved iced coffee....either just plain or with some low-fat milk. Can't have anything with soy or splenda in it....allergic to both.

Speaking of soy, wanted to share an interesting article I read about its effect on the thyroid (I've also read that soy has a negative impact on libido): http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/soydangers.htm I should say upfront that I do not put much faith in anything the FDA and the food industries tell us.....a case in point would be the heavy advertising we're seeing now that high fructose corn syrup is good for us. Right...sure it is. I think the closer we stay to foods in their natural forms (big fan of organic foods and my local farmers markets), the healthier we will be....but again, just my opinion.

I'm down another 2.6 pounds for a total of 8 pounds lost so far. Yay!!!
Old 05-27-2009, 04:23 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

dawnita - uuuugghhhhhh Margaritas... I may give them up for life because I don't know what's worse, indulging in the mixes with tons of sugar or trying to make fresh one's that are pure liquor and lime juice and not knowing my limit... what to do...

Hi everyone else, I'm up from Memorial day but not changing the ticker until Friday.
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:17 PM   #40  
WonderWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckybustert View Post
I also loved iced coffee....either just plain or with some low-fat milk. Can't have anything with soy or splenda in it....allergic to both.

Speaking of soy, wanted to share an interesting article I read about its effect on the thyroid (I've also read that soy has a negative impact on libido): http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/soydangers.htm I should say upfront that I do not put much faith in anything the FDA and the food industries tell us.....a case in point would be the heavy advertising we're seeing now that high fructose corn syrup is good for us. Right...sure it is. I think the closer we stay to foods in their natural forms (big fan of organic foods and my local farmers markets), the healthier we will be....but again, just my opinion.

I'm down another 2.6 pounds for a total of 8 pounds lost so far. Yay!!!

interesting article about soy...since it's pretty much a good majority of my diet since i'm a vegetarian.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:06 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLem311 View Post
interesting article about soy...since it's pretty much a good majority of my diet since i'm a vegetarian.
I'm sure we can find arguments to support either side (pro-soy vs. anti-soy) so really I think it's just something to be aware of. I'm currently taking Armour for hypothyroidism and I can say that my thyroid problems did not come to light until AFTER I started LAWL and was eating a diet that was heavy in soy....but we are each different and your mileage may vary. On top of everything, I'm allergic to it (get horrible skin rashes when I consume soy) so I have extra incentive to stay away from soy. Probably the funniest thing to me (and not necessarily in a ha-ha sort of way) is that soy is touted as being simply great for peri-menopausal and menopausal women....well a common complaint for women in that age group is decreased libido and soy is something that is believed to make the problem worse. Same thing with weight gain being a common complaint for women in that age group.....if soy may inhibit our ability to lose weight, wouldn't increasing our intake seem to exacerbate the problem? Will be interesting to see what happens over the coming years as additional studies are undertaken.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:28 PM   #42  
WonderWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckybustert View Post
I'm sure we can find arguments to support either side (pro-soy vs. anti-soy) so really I think it's just something to be aware of. I'm currently taking Armour for hypothyroidism and I can say that my thyroid problems did not come to light until AFTER I started LAWL and was eating a diet that was heavy in soy....but we are each different and your mileage may vary. On top of everything, I'm allergic to it (get horrible skin rashes when I consume soy) so I have extra incentive to stay away from soy. Probably the funniest thing to me (and not necessarily in a ha-ha sort of way) is that soy is touted as being simply great for peri-menopausal and menopausal women....well a common complaint for women in that age group is decreased libido and soy is something that is believed to make the problem worse. Same thing with weight gain being a common complaint for women in that age group.....if soy may inhibit our ability to lose weight, wouldn't increasing our intake seem to exacerbate the problem? Will be interesting to see what happens over the coming years as additional studies are undertaken.

that would make me sooo sad to be allergic to soy! well, that and the fact that i'm lactose intolerant, so i love soy milk.
there's so many studies on soy and it's effects. i love reading each side.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:19 AM   #43  
WonderWoman

good morning all. well, i managed to get my bathroom cleaned this morning already! yay! baby X let me put her down long enough to do it...which is good because it really needed to get done and my MIL is coming to visit this weekend and will be here tomorrow, so now i can cross that off my cleaning list.
and i managed to eat some yogurt and fiber one and have a bar and soy latte this morning already too! yay!

yesterday i had all 3 kids with me for the good part of the day because the daycare called former DH and said that DS was running a fever and said his ear hurt, so he had to go and get him and DD. and since former DH had galbladder surgery on tues he needed to rest, so i took the kids. and neither one napped and baby X was very needy and cranky too. so....needless to say it was quite the stressful day for me. but its over and a new one has begun.

and the weather is going to be in the 80s for the next few days and we're planning on having a picnic on saturday while MIL is here. the kids are super excited about that.

and i'm on day #3 of journaling.

ok, that's about it for me. hopefully i'll have a chance to check in later. hope everyone has a good day.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:05 AM   #44  

Height: 5'2"

Suzanne-- I SHOULD have counted the margaritas as SOMETHING, but I neglected to do so. What I should have done was just steer clear all together, but we live and learn. Up 1.1 pounds -- and I know why! Thanks for the cheers, though -- gives me more incentive to do better!
dawnita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:26 AM   #45  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Yeah it's the last day of school for my kiddos.We are all so ready for a break.That means the farmers markets will be open soon to and we love to go to those.Diet is going good I am not going to weigh myself until tomorrow.My daughter has her continuation ceremony from middle school tonight.Life is never dull when you have children.Hope everyone has a great OP day.All that talk about the iced coffee has brought on a new addiction for me.LOL.
Clanori is offline   Reply With Quote