S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Dawnita, and good morning everyone
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:52 PM   #17  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all. just wanted to stop in quickly and say hi.
i got out my LAWL stuff so i can "refresh" my brain a bit...even though i remember pretty much everything, it won't hurt to re-read.
it's supposed to be 90 here today! not sure if i'll make it outside for a walk with baby X or not..may be a bit too hot. i'm going to get out my hand weights and do a few arm exercises and may even pop in my walk away the pounds dvd if i can put the baby down for longer than 5mins.

hope everyone has a good tuesday!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Second day of TO for me. Last time I did one I successfully completed one I was able to follow plan successfully for a couple of weeks, but then I got off track with a series of special occasions, which now are over and I need to get back on track. So I'm hoping this breaks the cycle of self indulgence.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:32 PM   #19  
WonderWoman

good for you barbara! i hope the TO helps you get back on track!
btw..you use the south beach bars sometimes, right? do you use the cereal bars or the meal replacement bars? there's not too much of a difference. just curious.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #20  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Well I had a terrible weekend. I took my cocker spaniel to the hospital on Thursday and found out that he has an ulcer in his blind eye and he is losing sight in the other eye. They told me that he will need his eye surgically removed this week. Cocker spaniels lifespan is usually 12-13 years and he will be 12 soon so he has had a good life. We wil be putting him down this week and it is just hurting me so bad. We have two dogs but this one is espcially close to me. We took him for his last camp trip this weekend. He loves camping!!! I am at work today and I can hardly keep from crying as I am just waiting to hear from the vet as to when I need to bring him in. He is like my frigging child. I don't know if I can ever have another pet again. I still have my little bichon but I am sure he will be sad when his buddy is gone. I did not watch what I ate or drank all weekend. Hopefully I can cope with things and get back on track soon. I am so glad to have this group to talk to. Bye for now,

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:46 PM   #21  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Oh Joan, my heart goes out to you. This hits very close to home since my Maltese turns 15 today and I am dreading the day we get to this. I'm sure that the life he had with your family was the very best life a cocker spaniel could have.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:12 PM   #22  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oh Joan, I am so sorry! I know how much it hurts to lose your dogs. It sounds like you have given him a wonderful home. There is a childrens book called "Dog Heaven" that has helped me a lot when we had to say goodbye. Don't worry about staying OP today, just take care of yourself!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:27 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Suzanne – if you are just starting out, try focusing on the food only for now. I was very successful going this route. In the past I would try to be all gung ho and eat right and exercise at the same time which would always lead to burnout. This time I was able to re-train my brain into healthy eating habits, and now I’m taking the steps towards adding exercise into my day.

Hi Dawnita

Barbara – good luck with TO, I’ve resorted to just drinking the juice so that I don’t feel like I wasted it, I only have 1 bottle left.

Joan – so sorry to hear about your dog… I too dread the day that mine has to go, even though he’s just a wandering dog. He wanders the whole neighborhood and probably has several places he calls home, but I’m the only one that pays for medical care and daily meals! I know he loves and appreciates us, even if we are not the most responsible pet owners… He’s a beagle for pete’s sake! Who can keep a beagle fenced up?
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #24  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Thanks guys. I think I will go pick up that book Katie. My son is 16 but him and the dog are good buddies. Maybe the book will help me and my son Derek to get thru this. I still haven't heard from the vet. Waiting is horrible!
I am dreading the talk with my kids tonight. It will be a house of tears, thats for sure.
Kim- sounds like you are really close to your little Maltese. They become your family. Thanks for your support! It means lots!!!
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:21 PM   #25  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

I sort of lost touch with all you ladies...not sure what happened...guess I wasn't checking LAWL forums. Anyway...sounds like everyone is doing pretty good EXCEPT for Joan. I am so sorry about your dog. I am a dog lover too and I know how hard that can be. I had to put down a dog a few years back that was 16...at any age it is hard even when you know that they had a good life and gave you companionship, love and memories. You need not to think about another pet now. You have lots of love to give your animals and when the right time and right pet comes along you will know it is time for another. I myself have 2 other dogs and didn't feel the need or the want to get another when Mocha died. But I never say never. One of the 2 I have now is getting up there and I know I probably only have a few more years with her. It is difficult since we do feel that they are like our children...and in a way they are!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:07 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Joan, Your poor old cocker. I had a really hard time when I put my sweet Jojo down a year ago. It wasn't until he was gone for awhile before I really was able to admit to myself how sick he had become and how much of my life revolved around trying to keep him going. I let it go on too long, and he suffered, and I knew he was suffering, but I still could not bring myself to do it. Be thankful that there is this event that clearly marks when it is time. You don't want your dog to suffer great pain and great confusion. It does not feel like it, but it can be a loving thing to let them go rather than to hold on to them and make them suffer greatly to stay with you.

Suzanne, I also didn't start a major increase in exercise right away... Although by the time I was down 25-30 pounds I did start upping my exercise, and it was easier to do at that point. Also keep in mind that you need to keep doing whatever it is for a long, long time to keep the results, so make changes you feel like you can really keep up with, and skip the rest.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:08 PM   #27  
WonderWoman

joan--so sorry to hear about your doggie. wish i could give you a big hug. i'll be thinking of you and your family.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #28  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Joan.......so sorry about your fur-baby. I went through the same thing a year and a half ago........and it still makes me sad thinking about my Miss Maggie. As a matter of fact, youngest DS, Andrew, who is 4, still asks me almost everyday if we can name our current puppy, Fluffy, Maggie. It is so cute. I am sorry you are so sad.

Wow, Kim.........I didn't realize Dodger was 15 already. Happy Birthday to him

Jillian.........how was your day with Baby X? I love that nickname by the way. My kids never showed any sign of fussiness until the 2 week mark. It was like magic how day number 14 was like I had a copletely different baby for a while. Hopefully she will mellow and and adjust to life outside of the womb soon.

Hello to everyone else. I am sorry I have been kind of scarce lately. I did a dumb thing. I started smoking again about 3 months ago. I don't know how I managed to do it....but my brother kept coming down to work on our house, and most of my family smokes, and I used to soemtimes socially smoke when they would come to visit me. Well, the extended stays of my brother and others just made it a bit too risky, and I caved. BUT, I stopped on Friday......and I have been kinda down in the dumps and sleepy. I know it will get batter, but I am so mad at myself for being so stupid and having to go through this all over again. So, that is kind of why I have been short on words and time........but it will get better soon

Ok, have to watch the Idol I dvr'd
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:32 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnita View Post
Hey there everyone! I am new to the forum, and just wanted to say hello. I started with LAWL three and half weeks ago and have lost 12.1 pounds ! i am totally psyched -- went to weigh in yesterday with a heavy heart because I had a child graduate from college over the weekend, and did not make perfect choices all weekend long -- so I was, in a word, terrified, to step on the scale. Surprise, surprise, I lost 2.2 more pounds! I must have made better choices than I thought. What a great way to start the week!
Hope everyone has a great one!
Hi Dawnita and

WTG on the 12.1 pound weight loss! One thing I really like about LAWL is that it teaches me to make better food choices. Honestly, I think we all will make less than perfect choices at times and the trick is to learn how to recover from that. I used to think "oh, I've strayed from my plan so I've blown it so I might as well have this brownie, cake, potato chips", pick your poison.....for me the challenge is to stop right there and immediately get back on plan before I make it oh so much worse!
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:40 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoochie View Post
Well I had a terrible weekend. I took my cocker spaniel to the hospital on Thursday and found out that he has an ulcer in his blind eye and he is losing sight in the other eye. They told me that he will need his eye surgically removed this week. Cocker spaniels lifespan is usually 12-13 years and he will be 12 soon so he has had a good life. We wil be putting him down this week and it is just hurting me so bad. We have two dogs but this one is espcially close to me. We took him for his last camp trip this weekend. He loves camping!!! I am at work today and I can hardly keep from crying as I am just waiting to hear from the vet as to when I need to bring him in. He is like my frigging child. I don't know if I can ever have another pet again. I still have my little bichon but I am sure he will be sad when his buddy is gone. I did not watch what I ate or drank all weekend. Hopefully I can cope with things and get back on track soon. I am so glad to have this group to talk to. Bye for now,

Joan
Joan, I am so sorry this is happening to you. I have a Mastiff and an American bulldog/Mastiff mix and they too are like my children. The giant breeds normally have a shorter life span, so I will probably only have my Peaches another 6 or 7 years. Just thinking about that makes me tear up, much less having to go through it like you are. I hope your memories of the fun times you've shared with him will comfort you during this very difficult time.
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote