3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Friends and Losers May 18-24 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/171979-friends-losers-may-18-24-a.html)

JLem311 05-21-2009 11:08 AM

morning all.

lizababe 05-21-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckybustert (Post 2750747)
Have you had your thyroid tested? I got to a point where my weight wouldn't budge no matter what I did, and my thyroid tests kept coming back within the acceptable range (had them done by my traditional doctor). When my naturopath looked at the results she said in her experience and according to all the studies she had read, when it got as low as mine was a person would feel like crap (my word, not hers) and would not be able to lose weight. She started me on Armour (it's natural, not synthetic) and that seems to help some. I'm not on a very high dose of it.

I think I do need to have it tested again. I've had a goiter since I had my daughter almost 18 years ago. They had me on synthroid for a while and it didn't help at all. I haven't had a blood test in several years so maybe it's time to head back to the doctor. I just get tired of hearing that there's nothing they can do. I had one doctor who started to look for an answer, he was on a team that was researching the link between head injuries and weight problems; but my insurance changed and I couldn't go to him anymore. In the past I was still able to lose weight but this time it just aint budging!

Congrats on your loss btw! Great job!

jewljz 05-21-2009 11:49 AM

morning everyone! 2 more days till we head to the beach - I'm so excited to be able to relax by the pool, watch the kids play, spend time with my DH! I had planned on having a totally OP week leading up to the bathing suit days... but instead ate a ton of peanut brittle gone bad yesterday! I tried to make chipotle peanut brittle to send to my dad, but it didn't cook long enough and ended up chewy... so I had to get rid of it somehow, why not keep testing it to see if it was any better! I had a stomach ache by the end of the day from eating so much sugar!!! Stupid! And to top it off... I haven't worked out all week! What's wrong with me??? Why can't I organize my life? I wasted so much time yesterday when i could have had a ton of things accomplished... Oh, well, today is new and I can try again.

Hope everyone's Thursday is great!

BarbaraB 05-21-2009 01:42 PM

Julie, Whenever I put extra pressure on myself to be extra good, it tends to back fire on me and the extra stress just makes me go off plan. I don't know what's up with that either, since it is just not what I want to have happen at all.

Suzanne, what a great start!

Liza, if you have a goiter, you should have your thyroid checked every couple of years at least just to see. There has been a lot of controversy over the years as to what level is really a low thyroid level, so you may find that you are more likely to be treated, as the thinking has changed (although some doctors are stuck in the past). It made a lot of difference to me more in the feeling energetic and like I could get things done than in losing weight, but if you can't get yourself off the sofa, your chances of losing weight are low to say the least. So it does make a difference, but you still have to do the work.

jewljz 05-21-2009 02:03 PM

to top it off, I have a chest cough that I've been medicating all week and its not getting any better....blaaaahhh! There, I got all the negativity out, now I can move on with the positiveness :)

Mama Nicole 05-21-2009 02:58 PM

Good afternoon everyone :)

Congrats, Suzanne, on your great loss!!!!

I am a realy busy girl here today, but wanted to pop in and say hello......and to report that I am still tobacco free.......and loving it :)
XOXO

amylou7777 05-21-2009 03:01 PM

Hi friends! Long time no talk?! I've been pretty bust lately and have been trying to not be on the computer so much.

I have been really focusin on my food lately. I did ok this weekend, had mexican food for lunch (tried my best) on monday and really committed to being POP on tues. So far I'm down 3lbs this week!!! Omg it felt amazing to see that this morning. I had just woken up and I seriously had to rub my eyes to make sure I wasn't imagining it!

Nicole-yikes! No smokes! I'm so glad you are maintaining the tobacco free life. CONGRATS on the big loss! Yeah girl!

Hope everyone is doing great!

My bridal shower is Sunday! I am so so excited. All of my bridesmaids are coming into town. My MOH is hosting at her parents house in San Fran and it's supposed to be a beautiful day!!

Clanori 05-22-2009 10:43 AM

I am so excited I am down 1.5 pounds this morning.

Kristinx 05-22-2009 11:04 AM

So, time for me to own up to my ticker. Reflects my weight this morning :( Time to get back on track...so pretty ambitious goal for the end of June. The weather is nicer...getting my walks in, and I get the new Wii EA Sports Active game sometime early next week :) I really gotta get a handle on the food too. I've been slack on preparing lunches so I end up eating nothing but a LA Lite during the day at work then go nuts when I get home at night. I have to find the time and energy to prepare meals and actually eat them at work.

JLem311 05-22-2009 11:25 AM

morning everyone.

BarbaraB 05-22-2009 12:21 PM

Kristin, They say you slow down your metabolism by not eating regularly. I think it is the main thing that makes LAWL successful is that they suggest you eat those bars as snacks, and snacking on something with some protein in it regularly is what gets a person to tame the hunger beast. For me it is a beast that totally wipes out all my good intentions, so you need to fight that beast with eating enough during the day. I like that weight watchers commercial with the orange monster that is hunger quite a lot.

Hey Jillian, Your picture with Xanthia on your chest always makes me smile.

Lori, Yay! You are almost to 50 pounds down and that is a HUGE accomplishment.

Hoochie 05-22-2009 03:10 PM

My vet called yesterday and switched my dogs appointment to Monday. I am excited to spend a few more days with him but just waiting and knowing he is in pain kills me.
Yesterday I was so depressed that I ate two donuts for lunch. Aghh I felt so sick last night.
I am planning on lots of exercise this weekend. Walking, yardwork and weights! It's time to get busy as the weather is getting nicer. I need to work out all that depression food I have been eating!
I am coming to grips with putting my little Dexter down as I know its right. I am actually taking Monday off of work. I know I will be okay, it will just take time.
Have a great weekend everyone!

And Jillian, I agree with Barbara, everytime I see that picture with you and Baby X, it puts a smile on my face!

JLem311 05-22-2009 06:58 PM

awww, i'm glad that my pic makes you smile! :)

ps..new pic in my profile.

Mama Nicole 05-22-2009 10:32 PM

so so cute, Jillian....they are all so cute :)
XOXO

Luckybustert 05-23-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amylou7777 (Post 2751133)
So far I'm down 3lbs this week!!!

WTG!! Congrats on your 3 lb loss!