Old 05-07-2009, 06:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 166/160/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Do I need a new plan?

I've been away from the board for a while -- sorry.
The good news is that I reached my original 40 lb. goal and have been able to keep the weight off (not counting a bit of fluctuation from time to time) for about a year now.
However, I would like to knock off about 10 more pounds.
I'm currently at about 150 lbs.
I have used the gold plan to get this far and haven't been exactly on plan of late. Should I be going back to the gold for this last bit of weight loss or do I need a different color?
Any input would be very much appreciated -- especially since I have no local center any more.
Thanks. --Sue
threegreygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/185/125

Height: 5 3

Hi. I, too, posted with a new plan question. A few threads back "numbered vs. colored plans" had a few nuggets of info in it. I think if you were at 150lb and wanted to lose more, they dropped you a plan. In your case on the colored plans, you would move to Green. I have to dig through my old colored plans to see if I have that info. I don't know if you would be interested in switching to numbered, at which you would drop at 142lbs to "plan 1". Plan 1 is: 2P, 2V, 2F, 2S, 1D, 1 fat and 2 lites. At your current weight of 150, you would be on Plan 2: 2.5P, 3V, 3S, 2D, 2 Fats and 2 lites. I understand the portions are different on the numbers, though.

If I were you and were used to the colored plan, I would stick with it and drop to Green when appropriate. I'll try to scrounge it up and post it for you.

Oh...did you go through stabilization and maintainance regimen??? I think I have that somewhere, too!
almsthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Sue, I would try the good old Gold plan for a time and see how you do. If you are not losing on Gold after a few weeks, then you can go down to Green, but Green is really not a lot of food, so I wouldn't go there unless I really had to. From what I recall from others who I know were on that, they were quite a bit below 150 when they switched, although there are individual factors that determine when they switch you so it is hard for those of us without access to their tables to know exactly when that would happen.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/185/125

Height: 5 3

Yeah. From my notes, at 135lbs, you dropped to Green. I too would stick with Gold for now, unless you are not doing lites. When I decided not to do the lites, the center had me go up a plan to Purple w/o lites. There is no drop from the purple no lites plan because you need the protein!

Purple no lites is: 2P, 4V, 3F, 2S, 1 Fat, 1D. 6oz protein size instead of 4oz for beef and 8 oz instead of 6oz for chicken.

Good luck! and Great job maintaining!!!
almsthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:55 AM   #5  
Kim - IP 9/10

I agree - green is pretty restrictive, starting with gold and seeing what the results are is probably the best way to go.

Congratulations on reaching your initial goal AND keeping it off.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 166/160/140

Thanks, all! I did get the info on stabilization and maintenance when my center went out of business, but haven't really used the info yet (though I should have). I kind of skimmed it when I first got it, but was nowhere near ready for it.
I think I will try sticking with Gold -- thanks for the good advice. It's probably just a matter of making myself get back on track (and getting a bit more exercise in).
I will also look around here a bit for the info on the numbered plans to see how they compare.
The advice is greatly appreciated! --Sue
threegreygirls is offline   Reply With Quote