Old 04-27-2009, 07:13 AM   #1  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

Default LAWL Friends and Losers ---April 27th-May 3rd

Good morning all. Yes, I'm still pregnant. No, I'm not happy about it. But I guess the baby isn't quite ready for the real world yet, and I don't really blame her either! Ha!

Hope everyone has a great start to their week!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:21 AM   #2  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Jillian - I'm not on here much but I keep checking in to see if you've had your little pink bundle yet. I hope she's here sooner rather than later!!
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:00 AM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone! I am looking forward to a wonderful week!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good Mornign to all!!!

I had a one pound loss this week. Any loss is great. i was however hoping for 2 pounds. I have a mothers day goal and need to loose 5 pounds in the next 2 weeks. I hope that I can do it. I was hoping to be further along with my weight loss by now, but I know everyones body is different and that it is unhealthy to loose to much weight in a short amount of time. Also my main goal is to loose and keep it off. Warm weather definately inspires me to do better. We had a cook-out at our house last night and I stayed on plan completely. i was not even tempted the least bit. That is probably the first time that has ever happened. I am doing take off today and tomorrow so I hope that results in a 2 pound loss for this week. My goal this week is to increase my exercise. I did walk 3.2 miles on Friday but saturday I just did yard work and Sunday I just did about 10 minutes of cardio. I wanted to do more but our company stayed forever. On friday Daniel and Cameron have a walk at there school to raise money for a child who has cancer. I am taking off work to walk with both of them and I am going to try to walk with my nephew as well. If I walk with them all it will be about 5 miles I think. But it is spread out over a 4 hour period. So something I can definately do.

Hope everyone has a wonderful on plan week.

Jillian- sorry my predicition did not come true. My cousin did have her baby last night he weight 8 pounds 10 oz. Maybe today is your day..

Katie- way to start the Monday off on a positive note.

This week continues the smiley obsession....
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:21 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6

I had a good weekend, with less than a 1 lb gain over the weekend. That is good for me as I usually seem to gain 2-3 lbs over the weekend. Not really sure why it was a better weekend, I still had a few treats, maybe just some of the water weight from TOM finally came off. Still hoping to make my mini goal of 244 by Friday! Need a 3.2 lb loss!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:34 AM   #6  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone.

I am blah, blah, blah. Katie.....I love all of your positivity.....it is usually contagious, and I am going to catch it any moment.

My problem is my allergies. They have been so bad, and no meds really help without the dreaded drowsy side effect. I am super sensitive to drugs........even a child's dose of benedryl can knock me out for the day. I took Clairitin today........which doesn't work as well....but make me a little less of a zombie. Wish me luck.

We have to go to Wisconsin this weekend for DH's brother's wedding. I really do not want to go, but what can a girl do. At least it is a morning wedding with a brunch breakfast, so hopefully it won't be an all day/night affair.

Ok, DS (the four year old) is singnig from the bathroom, "dirty terd, dirty terd....." so I best go check that out

Have a good day everyone
XOXO
P.S. Hang in there Jillian
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:23 AM   #7  
Amy

Hey guys!

It's a miserable 90+ degrees here in Jersey!! And NO air conditioning at the school! WTF!!! I pay a lot in tuition and it's sweltering here!!

I had a 4.5 lb gain yesterday morning, but lost two of it yesterday, so I need to keep at it.

Jillian- hang in there chickie- it's this week!!!

Hey Katie, Nicole, AmyM, et al!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:37 AM   #8  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Ladies and Gent!

Jillian - your girl will get here soon enough and on her terms... you've got a princess! As a mom of a preemie who was only 3 lbs at birth, I'm jealous of those who can carry full term. She just needs mommy's tummy a little longer.

Nicole - sorry about those allergies. I hope you feel better and more like yourself soon.

Katie - Good morning sunshine! Have a great day!

Amy - Congrats on the loss! Might not be as much as you wanted but like you said, at least it's a loss and not a gain. You'll get to all of your goals.

Jersey Amy - looks like California sent our weather to you. We had a heat wave last weekend of 90-100 degrees and then it dropped into the 60's and stayed there. Maybe you'll sweat the other 2 lbs off?

Kristin - good luck with the losses for the rest of this week! You can do it!

I haven't bothered with the scale today or for the last few days. I haven't done anything to affect it either way this weekend so I'd rather not obsess. Saturday I was LAY-ZEE! My body didn't want to do anything but sleep until noon, even with the cat standing on my throat and dog licking my hands to see if I was still alive. I was in my jammies all day until I had to check the mail and walk the dog. I made up for it yesterday and super cleaned the apartment. I also walked to the grocery store since it's so close for our weekly shopping. Hopefully my TO juice and supplements will be here today and I can officially get started. Maybe a good thing because El Pollo Loco is apparently bringing us lunch today. Who can pass up a free lunch?
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:46 AM   #9  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

So have done LAWL in the past, with great results...the problem was I didn't stick to it long enough for maintenance and then gained some back. Wondering if you folks are actually following the plan and if so, what do you do for the lites and also the take off juice? My plan this time is counting calories and it is working, however, I would love to do the juice for 2 days to jump start myself when I need it. And of course, I can't remember what you are supposed to eat for the days you do do the juice. Any help is appreciated.
J
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:11 PM   #10  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey gang...

Hope all is going well.. I had a mixed weekend that didn't end well in teh food catagory... We'll just leave it at that..

Saturday started well enough, but ended badly with the crash of an air tanker headed toward New Mexico to help fight a fire we had. The crash took place in Utah, killing all three aboard. Because the plane and crew were attached to my fire, I spent most of the afternoon in "Crisis Communication" mode, coordinating information release with the sheriff's office handling the investigation in Utah and with the Govenror's office. Because the crash happened in Utah, rather than NM, a most of the media attention was focused in that direction but anytime we lose firefighters it becomes a national incident so needless to say we're all feeling the loss.

On a brighter note, on Sunday, Liz and I took part in the annual walk for breast cancer awarness in Albuquerque. The walk was a little longer than 5 miles and was a lot of fun. Liz is definetely feeling it more than I am, however today. Despite that, it felt good to take part in such an important event.

Ended up the day meeting up with a small group of friends I hadn't seen since my high school days and ended up over eating.. Blah...

So as a result, I'm doing a TO for a couple days to get my body back in focus..

Hope you all have a great week!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:04 PM   #11  
Amy

Hey guys!

Slow day in here today!

I am making butternut squash french fries from the Hungry Girl cookbook, I will let you know how they turn out.

I was at school today and the main thing on the menu in the campus center was cheeseburgers and fries. I resisted temptation to wait til I got home to make these fries and a Boca burger! I am proud of myself!!

Well, not much going on today, after I eat and relax I have papers and a presentation to work on.

I am wondering about Jillian.... she hasn't checked in!!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:08 PM   #12  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

i'm here, amy! i've been resting all day. it's been nice, but i miss my daily routine with the kids. i've napped twice, took a bath, and been lounging around. they're coming over for dinner tonight, so that will be nice.
good job on resisting the burger and fries at school!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:10 PM   #13  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

I am doing TO today to Dan!!

Sorry to hear about your loss. Thoughts and prayers.

Amy way to go! I find my self doing that too! Like just wait when you get home you can have this! HA!

Hope all is well with everyone else today!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #14  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

How does a slim-fast/shredded mini wheats/salad diet sound? I feel like I just don't want to think about food.......I jsut want to quit eating all together......lol.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #15  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Nicole- Mini Wheats sound yummy. I am hungry right now but I am drinking my Vitamin water so i will get thru it!

Jill- Waiting is the worst eh! Can't wait to hear that you have had the baby!

Dan- Stressful job! Wow, I can't imagine the things that you see. Good for you to do the Breast Cancer walk. I am doing the Mothers day walk soon. I am trying to convince my daughter to come along but she is 13 and it doesn't sound too exciting to her.

Gotta run. I am off to the Flames game. No beer tonight! I will be a good girl.
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote