Old 04-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #31  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone! I have been plowing through my chores as fast as I can so that I can try making a set of Rune stones. I am hoping that I can figure it out and make them well so that I can sell them. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Jillian- Keep up the faith, girl. You are truly just a moment from having your baby!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:47 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Hey guys, a little bird told me Amy was looking for me! ha!

I am doing pretty good. still holding in the 170's just haven't been motivated enough to get that last 30 off. got to by summer, or at least close.

The Fam is all good. I have my two babies that I watch and that is fun.

I kinda got sucked into Facebook and haven't made it over here. but I will try to poke in from time to time better.

Lettie
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:17 PM   #33  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hey Lettie - I have stepped away from FB, just due to some odd "stuff" that has happened, but I check in every now and then. Glad to hear that everyone is doing well.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:41 PM   #34  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Kim........did you have drama on FB?
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:45 PM   #35  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Yeah Lettie! I was wondering why I was only seeing you on FB? HA! It gets addicting!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:27 PM   #36  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Nicole - eh, minor drama at best, but enough to make me decide to limit contact. It's about my old PM to you.

Last edited by Kimphin; 04-28-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #37  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

good afternoon all. i got a nap in and a few things done around the house too.
hope everyone is enjoying their day.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Jillian, So close.... She'll be here soon. I hope the nap was refreshing.

I use the zone bars as replacements as well as Kashi and luna bars. Sometimes I go for other bars. Mostly I look for 160-180 calories with at least 8 grams of protein. I have tried bars with less protein, but they don't tend to work at keeping the hunger at bay for me quite as well. I normally do TO with 4 oranges replacing the juice. You can use grapefruits and cantaloupes too, but I somehow can tolerate 2 days of 4 oranges a day better than the grapefruit (I feel a tad acidic after 2 days). My dad brought me a whole huge box of grapefruit from his tree, so I think I may just do a TO with grapefruit here soon, as I have so many of them. They are smallish so I may just have 4 grapefruits. I contemplated doing it today, but just was already starving first thing in the morning, so it seemed like not the best day to try. My dad left to go back down to Palm Springs today. I hope he makes it without any further incidents. He got caught in the snow on the way up with just a wind breaker for warmth and no chains. So I'm glad he bought a coat yesterday.

Cecil, I knew you'd know when the express was over. I'd probably have the drink this weekend, and then give myself a penalty week on express after to make up for it.. So you get to enjoy your friend's visit, but you still get in all your days on express plus a few extra...
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:51 PM   #39  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Girls.........I am so happy to report that I just got aoff the phone with 18 yo DD, and she is heartsick for her baby. She starts her new job tomorrow, and it looks like she has figured out childcare that is acceptable. My cousin's wife is a SAHM in Wisconsin, and Emily asked her if she would watch the baby from 12-5 every day, and my mom or sister can pick her up between 3 and 5 everyday.and this is soooo good. Emily said she thought it would be really fun to be away from teh baby this week, but that she is miserable and can't feel fun because she misses her baby so much. I told her she is a great mama and that is how she is supposed to feel I asked her when she wanted to bring the baby there, and she said, "as soon as possible." If she can work it out with my sis and/or my mom to stay with one of them until she finds an apartment, they baby may stay this with her after this weekend. This girl of mine is bound and determined to make this work. She is so relieved to have found trustworthy loving daycare. All fo my cousins are pulling for her there, and they are all trying to find ways to help her. I love my family. Even the extended family really takes care of each other. I am just beaming with pride right now. My girl might have a really tough time making it on her own, but I think she might just be stubborn enough to pull it off
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:02 PM   #40  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oh Nicole, that is wonderful!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:08 PM   #41  

Height: 5'6

Nicole, that's great news! It's so great when you have a supportive extended family. Mine is very close knit and it just makes all the tough things in life sooo much easier!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:51 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Nicole- speaking as a mother with 6 children. It takes a village to raise children. Wheter your village is your family or friends it is just important that they love you and your children. Nicole your daughter is very fortunate to have your support as well as her extended family. She is also very fortunate to have the forsight at such a young age to know how important family is in caring for children.

I actually feel that we here are a village of friends, randomly placed together, but all working towards the same goal to improve our health and well being through weight loss.

I appreciate everyones kind words and support and look forward to reading the post everyday.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:25 PM   #43  

Hi People,
Was on here a while back -- but have been doing well with WW, so that is a good thing! Just wanted to stop by to let you know that I was in the food market today (Shop N Bag -- here in PA). Guess what I saw on the shelf next to the Slim Fast Bars?????? LA Weight Loss Bars -- Caramel flavor!!!!!!!! I picked on up and looked at it -- box looks different -- smaller than I remember. Then I remembered that the boxes at our Center were double boxes (14 per box). These had 7 per box for the price of $6.99!!!! I was tempted folks, but then I remembered the hundreds of dollars that LA had of my hard earned money for bars which were owed to me!!!! I really felt like putting up a sign -- boycott this product!!! Anyhow, thought you would want to know! Best of luck to you on your weight loss journeys! I will stop by from time to time to say "hi" from the "other side"!!!
3meows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:59 PM   #44  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

nicole--that's wonderful to hear!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:07 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Nicole, Of course your daughter would be a wonderful mother, as I can tell that you are. She learned from you. I do think she is starting to move beyond the turbulent teen years and is starting towards more adult thinking. I imagine being off on her own is going to lead to a greater maturity in her.

3meows, Congrats on WW being good for you. Some people on here have tried it for the accountability after LAWL went away for them. Interesting about the LAWL bars. LAWL didn't actually manufacture the bars, but contracted with other companies to make them, which is what I was told when I saw different boxes being sold on e-bay than what we had in our center. So those people who made the bars were probably out of luck every bit as much as you were when LAWL went belly up. So I wouldn't begrudge them selling them really.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote