Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 07:10 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

davidette - I think you are right about losing slow eating more calories. And even losing slowly and steadily will be nice. I feel like I am eating too much.

ChinaMaine - Thanks for the reminder of 5 minutes is better than 0. As a result, I rode my stationary bike for 5 minutes last night.

bennyhannahmama - I love your cheers. Your are going great yourself.

BillBlueEyes - I like your "Not about Me". I made the rule for myself not to eat at the church classes etc because I was like a social alcoholic when it came to food. If people were eating, I would eat with them whether I was hungry or not. I didn't even have to want the food or even like it. So I decided to make it a new habit not to eat just because someone else was. When I first started this everyone was eating. Now I notice that more and more of us are not. In fact, it seems that more of us don't eat than do. Your "resistance techniques" are working very well for you.

Tera - My chiro told me that he couldn't cure my back and neck problems, but he could help me feel a lot better. It worked for me and I hope yours does too. You talking about cleaning your kitchen makes me realize I haven't done that this week. I need to get busy. Sure would count as "get moving".

RobinW

CREDIT ~ I bit the bullet and started exercising. I have to be careful because of my back and neck. So I started doing my dvds of Michael Horn's Sit and Get Fit for Seniors to get myself stronger. In fact I think it will be good for all over body especially my back and neck and it is totally healthy. They are 30 minutes each so I did both of them for an hour total today. I am pretty sore in the shoulder blades so I decided it is wiser for me to do 30 minutes a day starting tomorrow with Sunday's off. I need to do it for good health so I will just do it. Made and read the Response Card saying "Exercise is not negotiable for good health... so get started". Strange how those cards can motivate you to do what you need to do. Maybe should make a Memory Card as well. ~ Read Response Cards and Advantages Deck ~ Called Buddy ~ Planned meals etc.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:30 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Talking Thursday - oh how I wish it were Friday!

Beck – WI-down 1.75 lbs. to new low! I think the last of the water I retained when flying is gone now… Read my cards and made a food plan. Fatigue: 1.3 (1=Feel great, 5=Extreme fatigue). I was op for food and exercise. No sign of fatigue or soreness, so I’ll try using them for 50% of the sets in my workout tomorrow.
Kim ouch for waking up at 4 AM. Credit for logging your food and staying within your targets. And congrats on the exercise!

Anne Credit for biking for ‘only’ 30 minutes. And it’s good to hear you are getting better quickly. I hope the run tomorrow doesn’t throw a kink in your recovery… Ouch on the cookies/donuts – but for making up most of the calories later in the day.

Bill kudos for continuing the ‘not about me’ attitude! How’s the decluttering coming?

Tera If I’m interpreting your scales correctly, your pain and activity level are both good – so . Credit for op food and calorie counting. Kudos for all your activity/exercise. Poor Scampers – hope he can stay home for the rest of the day… Sorry for the postponed minster and pool visits.

Robin Congrats on working out early!

Trish (pattygirl63) A great beginning yesterday! Working out, reading cards, Working out 30 minutes a day is quite a bit, it’ll be 3 hours a week!
Old 04-30-2009, 09:06 PM   #303  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Angry I ate emotionally today

Well coaches everything I know, all the sayings, all the things I should-have-done, they were all there in my head and in the end I overate. I had second helpings, hours ago, and I am still stuffed. I ate to feeling hurt.

AND I can tell you exactly why. I understand it intellectually but the emotional connection isn't there. I just know it makes sense. Maybe the emotional connection is weak because I stuffed myself, that's what all the books say overeating/compulsive eating/emotional eating does for us right?

Old overeaters anonymous saying "You can either face your stuff or stuff your face" popped into my head here.

This is what happened. I didn't release pent up emotion. Tried to talk to people and no one was around. Didn't do what I should have done immediately to relieve emotional pressure...so I still feel it PLUS the overeating bout. Is this fodder for a memory card? Remember if you don't face your feelings you will eat them?

I was at the school on my way home after being in the ceramic room and a woman was looking lost in the lobby. She asked about the gallery spaces and what we had in there and then asked about galleries in the area and I found out she's here visiting her brother who just had heart surgery. She's from Ireland but lives in France. So I offered to bring her to the hub of the market area for a good local map and she offered me a coffee and we sat and talked. This is the kind of thing I do when visiting other places so I was glad to take the time to learn about a total stranger. And as we are talking about art (she was married to an artist and they had galleries and exhibitions in Amsterdam and Brussels and Dublin so she knew all about that stuff... coincidences eh?) And as we were drinking coffee I had my full attention on her and I hear my name and there's my sister. I was surprised and smiled and I said "long time no see." My European friend mouthed "long time no see?" to me and I nodded. I haven't seen or talked to my sister in over a year. I have tried to call her several times with no response from her. Her daughter called me in secret a month or so ago to tell me I was on the outs with the whole family for being (her assessment here) happy. My niece feels all my siblings are navigating personal cirises and they can't take me right now.

Anyway long story short she mentioned at least three times for me to "give her a dingle" to call her "I'm serious. Give me a call" She had a friend with her too and so we were smiley and friendly and I don't know why we wouldn't be but I feel burned. I haven't called her but I will. But not today but see? i didn't just do it and instead I ate. It's becoming clearer and clearer that there are some uncomfortable aspects to dealing with weightloss. Sometimes we do have to do what they say in those books: face our emotions, act in ways we haven't been before, stand up for ourselves, assert ourselves. Funny how I can be so confident and hopeful in many areas, maybe 80% of my life, but face me with family and I am like a lead weight on a fishing line. I am tied to the end of the family string but I just sink. I don't bob happily on the water.

Now, on the plus side, a family member reached out to me.
I choose to dwell on that instead of the what if's. Choose the for sure facts over the vague shadowy whys and wherefores...

BTW I didn't eat more than that second plate. I am within my calories but it was poor behaviour. Worrying.

for giving me a place to leave this stuff and move forward.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:13 PM   #304  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default I'm with ya

Onebyone, all I can say is, I know exactly what you mean and are feeling. There is no dysfunction like family dysfunction. Especially of the sisterly kind. It is so very upsetting. I don't tend to eat through it, but maybe it *would take away that gnawing sinking feeling in the stomach.

BillBE, $170.00 sunglasses??? Are you kidding? That's *gasp....$85.00 per eye......plus tax......and, I know, I don't do math, but seriously........I only dropped $150.00 at Trader Joe's! Man, I love that store. It worked well to take a cooler this time cuz it is still so waaaaaayyy cool outside. I got 5 bottles of Kefir, lotza cheeses, some frozen goodies, all the raw nuts, a Spinach Sauce that Glory on maintainers uses......haven't tried it yet..there is just nothing like TJ's. Oh, and my new love, the Raspberry Walnut Gorgonzola Vinegarette.......omg......what a find.

This Swine Flu thing brings back memories of '76, doesn't it? For those of us *old enough to remember, that is. Stay well, all.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:33 PM   #305  

Height: 5'7"

Coaches/Buddies On plan today! Got my run in this morning, and was almost back to normal. Work was stressful and I didn't overeat, but may have had too much caffeine, so we'll see how sleep goes. Weight is still dropping and I'm crossing fingers that I meet my next 5 lb goal tomorrow. Rosemary bush, here I come!

Tomorrow's plan is to ride my bike to the pool, swim for about 30 minutes, and bike home over a couple hills. Wish me luck. Need to do spreadsheets and plan, and them I'm off to read, and perhaps watch Survivor.

The saguaros have started to bloom which brings us officially to the HOT season here. At least 90 degrees today. I went for a short walk during work to think over a problem I was trying to figure out, and the heat was a nice break from the air conditioning. A roadrunner approached me on the walk. It came within 10 feet of me, and I could see straight down its beak. Weird.

Bill Good to hear that you are still passing up meeting food. Scary aircraft bugs you are learning about there. Sorry to hear about your trip at the gym.

Are you ready for the elliptical yet? Tomorrow is the day, yes?

Tera Sorry to hear about your kitty and your pool. Good to see the little purple dudes again! Good to see your blog updated!

I'm reading the Kessler book. The first chapter sure sounds like me. Looking forward to seeing if there is anything practical I can apply. Other than junk food detox, which isn't going to happen any time soon.

Robin Before 7 a.m. Welcome to my life! Hurray!!

Trish Nicely done on getting your exercise in, and I love the RC!

ChinaMaine Almost 2 lbs and a new low! Cool! And low fatigue.

onebyone Such a weird family dynamic you have going on there. I'd be buried in cookies myself. Give yourself CREDIT for not having the second plate. You stopped. That is important.

maryblu I remember the 76 swine flu thing, but I was pretty young. Personally, I have $300 sunglasses but they are prescription, so that's OK I think. Seeing is sort of mandatory, right? Sunglasses are certainly mandatory here.

Anne

Last edited by AnneWonders; 04-30-2009 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Punctuation, schmuctuation
Old 05-01-2009, 06:27 AM   #306  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Discussion continues on the May 2009 Thread

This discussion continues on Beck Diet For Life/Solution – May 2009 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

Please join us there.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 05-01-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Closed Thread