LA to Your Door

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • It's the way of the world. We tend to gravitate towards products that are recommended by people we know. Two gushing posts in quick succession by first-time posters will not sway me like the testimonial of a person who's been on these boards for a long time.

If a "regular" tries this and is not burned, then I may think about it some more.
  • I ordered the bars, juice and meal replacement today. I have my fingers crossed that I get it. I was on LA and did wonderful. I still have weight to lose but of course the center in my area closed 2 yrs ago. I will post back to let you all know how it go (if I get it or not). They claim it will be here in 5-7 days.
  • hey, at least there is a link to the nutritional info that we are always asking about so that we can buy comparable products!
  • I received my la at your door package today!! I am so happy...no matter how many times I tried to lose weight w/out the products I had no success. I will start my road to success again on Tuesday after the holiday.
  • I was curious as to whether there were any LAWL locations left in the Phoenix area, and checked the LAWL website. I put in my zip code, and the LA to your Door page popped up. Now I KNOW I won't do business with LA to your Door. I will not send any hard-earned money to any business that is directly affiliated with LA Weight Loss.

I told the company recently that if they wanted our good will and trust back, they would not require account information to make you sign up for and auto delivery plan. If they allowed you to pay for one month with free shipping, then people might think about it. I do NOT want LAWL to have any account information from me. They behaved like a den of thieves, and now want us to belly up to their corporate bar and open up our wallets? No thanks.
  • hey im glad i found this thread, i too lost a TON of money, i paid it all up front which was almost 1thou..... big loss!! i had done the diet years ago and it did work, so i have to give them that, and it is nice to know that LA to your door is another company, although i have gotten bars off of ebay and had no problems what so ever with them, their still in date and dang, they taste good! lol!!

i was really close to the girls that were at my center and they had no idea what was going on, and they got canned right before christmas of all times!!
  • I wonder.... if we call these guys and tell them that they still owe us $$$$ in service if they will exchange it in product... wonder what they would say.???
  • Wow they charge a lot of money for their products! I too tried LA Weight loss. I lost almost 40 pounds but mostly by starving. Their diet was too tough for me and I did horrible on it plus lost a lot of money with their bars and diets. The people there were very nice but I would prefer having my money back since I have lost 80 pounds already doing Richard Simmons. Damn I wish I knew about RS before trying these people!
  • Does anyone know if LA To Your Door delivers to Canada?? I'm doing the program again at home, and I really like the product.
  • I would do anything to get my JetStarts and Slimdowns back again!! I looked at the site and it seems pretty legit, except that I wish the shipping wasn't so expensive without the autoship deal. I will most likely be ordering from them ASAP
  • Check on Ebay too. They have a lot of LA weightloss products available just check with the seller on the expiration dates. i purchased 2 Takeoffs and they were both good.
  • LA to Your Door
    I too loved the LA lites peanut butter bars. However, I have found Luna Bars ie. chocolate nut brownie, which rocks!!!! Oh yeah, and cost less.
  • LA To Your Door
    Hi, I was on LA Weight Loss too and I have to say that it really worked for me and was a great plan to follow. I lost my money too when they closed their doors, however, the plan is still a good one.

One of the former counselors told me that Luna bars are a perfect replacement for LA Lites and the Luna Bars are healthier in addition to being low glycemic.

I just ordered the LA Weight loss plan from LA To Your Door it includes something called LA Express, which you use for the first 4 weeks or until you lose 20 lbs which ever comes first. Then You change over to LA For Life (not sure of the exact name) and use that until you have reached your goal weight. You can go on their site and look under your height, weight and gender to see what plan you should go on. They give you the plan (no charge) that you should follow and it states how many proteins, starches, veggies, fruit, dairy, fat and lites you should have per day. I am going to use Luna Bars instead of Lites. The Luna Bars are a fraction of the price. So all it cost me was $29 for the diet itself. Just something some of you may want to consider. The former counselor also gave me a recipe to make my own "Take Off" type juice instead of purchasing theirs. She said it works just as well as theirs. LA To Your Door is charging a fortune for their products and I don't want to be obligated to them. If anyone wants the recipe for Take Off, please let me know.
    Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.
    Bee
  • Hi Bee

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the info..

I think all the La products are ridiculously over-priced and I never bought them. I follow a plan without lites(extra food)...and did just as fine.Personally...I think it is better to get used to "real" food than the LA-stuff...because in the end you will be left choosing your own food...you can not continue eating LA-bars for rest of your life...after the program is over.So it is better to start now...and learn how your body works as you go.

I use Luna bars and a Take-off substitute juice only for the 2 days of Take-off.Really would like to know the take-off juice recipe if you have it

You can catch all the weekly buzz in our weekly "Friends and Losers" thread...also we have a 100 lb group challenge going on...anyone welcome!
  • Hello, would you be willing to share the recipe? I would really like to get started back on the plan, and do not want to order just yet from the company