Katie

Height: 5'1

Default LAWL Losers and Friends March 16-22

Wow, where is everybody?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:48 AM   #2  
Katie

Morning all! I had a busy weekend. My older DD turned 8, had 2 parties (one with family one with friends). She hates cake (I know, WTH?) so she asked me to make huckleberry cheesecake. We had a lot of fun. Saturday night went to Race to Witch Mountain. It was pretty good. The kids loved it.

I am ready to get back on the wagon, and I could use some help. I simply cannot handle being in this fat body anymore, and something has to give. I am going to do the Red plan, as it has always worked very well for me. I could really use some words of wisdom, support, kicks in the a$$, all of that. Thanks everyone!
Old 03-16-2009, 12:01 PM   #3  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

yeah, i was just wondering the same thing..where in the heck is everyone? c'mon peeps!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #4  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

here... just really busy. I found I was doing really well on LA when there were minimal carbs, and have been trying atkins style and my body is LOVING it. I WI on Saturday and we'll see what the deal is. In laws might visit for the week so I am busy prepping the house.. *hugs*
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Quiet in here today!

I am back from Palm Springs. It was great to spend some time with my dad, but also great to be home. I think I needed the salt police to come for me this weekend, as I just ate the saltiest food. Oh well, at least I understand why I'm feeling puffy, and I don't like it. Lots of water for today I'm thinking.

Jillian, Happy belated birthday. You should appreciate your birthday's now, when your age is nice and low.... Hard to get excited about turning older when you're already quite old enough, thank you very much... but time does not stop, and taking a moment to appreciate that you've been blessed with another whole year of it is a good thing. I hope the headache's ease. My mom told me that the end of pregnancy and the teenage years are all designed so we are eager for the next phase, since who would want labor to occur if it was not for pregnancy being so uncomfortable, and who would want thier kids to up and leave if they were not driving them insane.

My DD apparently pierced her nose while I was gone to California (speaking of young adults who make their folks wonder what they are thinking). She is 20, so I have no control over what she does, but still... A ring through the middle part of her nose, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to think it is "cute". I'm hopelessly old fashioned about nose rings I suppose. I heard she had an awful cold, and then she goes and gets this done while she is sick? I'm not sure how to react, since I don't want to be the parent who is a big jerk about little things, but really.... why? and she paid money to have this done? Oh well... Her dad says she can tuck the ring up her nose, which doesn't sound like the most comfortable thing. I'll just have to wait and see.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #6  
Amy

Hey guys...

It's Spring Break for me, but nothing going on except sleeping in and a bunch of work for classes. Ugh!

I am getting a new car at the end of this week, I am so excited! We actually bought it already, just have to go pick it up from Martinsville, VA. So, we're going to VA for te weekend to stay with the inlaws and then going from there to get the car.

Other than that, not much going on. A little frustrated how slow the weight is coming off, but that's reflective on my motivation. I have lost 9 lbs in 2 months. I know it's a healthy way, I just want the flab gone!!!

Have a great day guys!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:51 AM   #7  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning everyone,

I am back on track today with a TO. I was doing great and staying on track and then my DD got sick a week and a half ago. She got put in PICU due to having two Febrile seizures in less than 24 hours. We got out of the hospital last Tuesday and then on Wednesday she developed an ear infection. I think she is all better now. So, I am going to try and get back on the plan.

Katie- You can do this and we are all here to support you.

Jillian- I hope you are feeling good today.

Barbara- glad to see you back and I understand about the nose ring. I don't have a child that has done that. But, my sister did something similar and I didn't understand it either.

Amy- Enjoy the new car.

Everyone else---- I hope you all have a great day.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:38 AM   #8  
Katie

Dionne- Wow, that is terrible about your DD. I am glad she is feeling better. Good luck with TO!

Amy- Congrats on the car. It is always fun to get a new vehicle. Until you can't remember where you parked at Wal-Mart, then realize that you were looking for the wrong car, LOL.

Barbara- Have you seen the nose ring yet?

Jillian- How is it going?

Nicole- WTF?

So, I stayed on plan yesterday, to a T. No cheats, nothing. I am feeling so good today, and I will stay OP today too!
Old 03-17-2009, 10:53 AM   #9  
Katie

Oh, I almost forgot, Happy St. Patty's Day!!
Old 03-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #10  
WonderWoman

hey everyone. i'm doing ok. just pretty miserable most hours of the day.
my back is really hurting. no matter what i do. sitting, standing, laying down..it just hurts. so that sucks. and sunday i spent most of the day in bed..i was just feeling really icky and uncomfortable. there's just not much i can do about it these day and it makes it that much worse for me. so frustrating.
the weather this week is going to be wonderful. yesterday it was almost 70. it was gorgeous out. i wish i was in better condition so i could've gone out for a walk or something. makes me sad. soon enough, i know.

so yeah..that's been me for the past few days. sucky.

oh and we're debating between names again..we both like Xanthia and Elliott.
but with Elliott we do not like the nickname Ellie. so as long as we don't start calling her that and correct people when they do, Elliott is going to stick. but i don't want to give up Xanthia either. but i don't want to use one or the other as a middle name, because i'd like the middle name to be Julia (after my DD) even though i know it doesn't flow well with either name..but it will mean alot to me to include my DD.
and with Elliott, i can totally see it becoming a popular/trendy girl name..and DH and i are into unique names (hence Xanthia)..so again, we're torn.

so that's what i've been debating in my head for awhile..boo. just don't know what to do. we'll most likely wait until she's born to completely decide. but i welcome any suggestions, opinions or advice.

anyways..i hope everyone is doing well. it seems to be a slow starting week for us.

dionne--glad to hear your DD is doing ok..wow! great job on getting back on plan again!

katie--high fives to you for your great day yesterday! awesome! keep up the momentum and it'll be habit before you know it!

amy--yay for getting a new car! try to enjoy your spring break a little bit..even though you have lots of homework. you deserve it!

barbara--thanks for the bday wishes. DD and her nose ring--well, i don't have much to say about since i had many piercings as a teen..most of them in my face. i'm sure my parents hated them as well. along with my shaved head when i was 14yrs old. she'll grow out of that phase in time. trust me.

so where is everyone else? come out of hiding!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 11:40 AM   #11  
WonderWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
Oh, I almost forgot, Happy St. Patty's Day!!
happy st patrick's day to everyone!! someone have a green beer for this irish girl!
Old 03-17-2009, 12:07 PM   #12  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarimomof2 View Post
Good Morning everyone,

I am back on track today with a TO. I was doing great and staying on track and then my DD got sick a week and a half ago. She got put in PICU due to having two Febrile seizures in less than 24 hours. We got out of the hospital last Tuesday and then on Wednesday she developed an ear infection. I think she is all better now. So, I am going to try and get back on the plan.

Everyone else---- I hope you all have a great day.
I am glad to hear your DD is better.That had to of been very scary.Good job getting right back on track .That is what I am working on right now.The kids had me running all weekend so it was hard to stay OP.But I am starting fresh today.Happy St.Patricks Day to everyone.
Clanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:56 PM   #13  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

sorry I have been scarce. My bro is here and we are remodeling two bedrooms

Katie....go go girl. I have had a bad week or two, but monday morning....i am gonna kick the fatty's a$$. Let's get this done. With summer coming, I just want to wear shorts and tees without wanting to die when I put htem on.

Bethany is doing well....and in case I didn't make it clear, she had an apedectomy last week. It all went fine, and life is almost back to nornal.

Ok, have to run.......I will be back like normal next week and kicking some serious a$$.......with Katie.....and the rest of you
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #14  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Happy St. Pattys day! A year ago today I found out I was pregnant!

We are all sick! Isaiah has RSV. We are all croupy, stuffy and coughing! It sucks, but I haven't gained any weight. Which is a surprise since i have lost my appetite. I am getting back on track today.

Hope everyone is doing well!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:30 PM   #15  
Amy

Hey guys!

Happy St. Patty's day to you Irish peeps!! I didn't make my 5 lb goal for today, but that's ok. I was so stressed the last two weeks of school, I didn't eat right. It's funny, if I don't stay 100% POP, I will gain.

Even though I switched to WW, I am thinking of doing one month of LAWL. Just to see what happens.... I need a jumpstart.

Kimberly- we need to make our own little challenge.. we're so much alike!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote