Friends and Losers March 2- March 9

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • You are getting so close to the end eh Jillian! You must be so frigging thankful!
    I haven't been on the site lately as I have been feeling a little blah. I am up about 3 pounds and I actually can notice it in my dress pants, it sucks! I did my last step aerobics class last night. She worked us so hard and it was so awesome. They don't have another class until April but I might join again. I really need to start writing down my food again. I was so faithful and then I just got off track.
    I watched TBL last night and got inspired again. Certainly I can lose 10 pounds if I get my mind set right.
    Life just seems to be taking a little detour for me right now. I feel unhappy with situations around me lately and I need to figure things out.
    Well I should run, I am supposed to be working right now......
    Have a great day everyone!

Joan
  • Good to see you back Joan.. I was thinking about you yesterday.

Anyone willing to pm me the exchanges for plan 3? My husband wants to join me and he is 165LBS and only wants to loose 10-15. Thanks in advance. edited to say:GOT WHAT I NEEDED THANKS

TOM this time has been a real jump in weight.. I think it is because I ate cottage cheese a few times this week and I am assuming it has salt already in it as the label says it does.. make sense? I think it's time to go back to grapefruit and oatmeal for breaky as it works really well for me. Sunday hubby and I are doing take off together for a couple of days. I like doing it together, it keeps me more motivated and I need something to keep my mind off life around me at the moment. I planned out meals for the week and will shop Sunday.

Congrats on the drop Dionne! Must feel good to get on plan.

Jillian.. have a better day... *hugs*

Today I realized that I have dropped 0.65lb/ week for the last year.. I guess it's better than nothing. I hope to get the last 10-15 off by summer It's crunch time!

Stay POPping everyone!
  • Hi friends

I have been so busy lately with real life, I just dont' havee the time to play online like I would like to. My brother (he is a carpenter) is here and he and DH are remodeling two of our bedrooms....whoohooooo.

Last weekend, my other brother and family were here, and this weekend, my sis, brother's girlfriend, and two kids are coming.........actually, they will be here tomorrow. I am going to bake for my nieces....but I am not going to eat it

So anyway.....I conquered the laundry yesterday, and today I am just going to try to keep things halfway neat so I can play with my company when they get here.......but I WILL NOT pig out!!!!
    XOXO
    P.S. Someone asked me how Atkins is going.....and it is going pretty well Thanks
  • Nicole, Real life sounds busy for you. Good for you that you are sticking with your eating plan no matter what. We always do have a great deal more choice over what we put into our mouths than we want to admit.

Jillian, I hope DD is feeling better today and that you have a few restful days. Happy Birthday a little in advance. You really do seem to have a gift with cake making.

Elizabeth, I hope your DH is better at TO than my DH. Not feeding him makes him so grumpy. When I'm serious about weight loss, he tends to lose too. He's lost 10 pounds this year, which is all he had to lose, so now he's pretty happy. You've lost 40 pounds! That has to make a big difference in how you feel and look. Plus losing it slowly, it is a lot more likely that you will keep it off. It isn't how long it took to lose that counts, it is that you lost it and kept it gone that do.

I feel good today as I managed to get myself back on the spin bike.
  • Hi my friends! It's been the busiest week I've ever had at work. I'll be glad when this week is past me! I hope to get next Friday off. One of my good friends will be in town. She is a health nut, so I'm excited to stay OP while she is here!

TOM is here, and thus I've been feeling extra tired and heavy. I did manage to get 1 mile in with Leslie. felt good to move a bit. I've also been doing some strength training!

I've got to get back to my mini goals!
    I just filled in my WW points online for they day and I am really lacking in veggies! Wow-gotta get back to eating 4 full servings a day!!

Hi Dionne, Barbara, Kristin, Cecil, Elizabeth!
    Nicole-have a great time with your family. WHEW-look at that ticker! Atkins loves you!!
    Kim-love the hotel review story!
    Jillian-how is DD feeling? Hope all is well for you!
    Kimberly-I'm feeling the same way!! We gotta recommit for real!
    Amy-are you back to the gym this week?
  • Hi everyone!

Amy - I'm with you on the "this week has been crazy" - train. Whew! My only downtime until Sunday will be the 2.5 hour drive to the location of my weekend class.

Kristin - well, did you see the Bachelor? Comments?

Jillian - Hang in there! I hope today is better than yesterday.

Dionne - getting back on plan feels pretty good, doesn't it? Makes me wonder why we go off plan at all. Welcome back!

Nicole - How's the remodeling going? Where are the boys sleeping in the meantime?

Elizabeth - good luck with doing TO with DH. Now that's togetherness!

OK - need to start the day. My professor for this class e-mailed us yesterday and asked us to read the first 200 pages before class on Friday. Geez - only 200 pages? WTF? He couldn't have given us a tad more lead time on that one? So, that is my lunch hour and all night tonight. Woo.. freakin ... hoo.
  • Good morning beautiful people!!! Hope everyone has an amazing day!
    I got back on plan last Monday and hadnt weighed until this morning, trying not to be a slave to the scale! And I was down 5 pounds! Its amazing how much better I feel when I feed by body right! Looks like I've been doing this long enough to remember that!!!
    My son bought a Wii fit and Ohhh my goodness its fun!! The freakin thing said my Wii fit age was 54 though, that blows! LOL

No time for personals I'm supposed to be working...shushhhhh!
  • hello everyone. yet another crappy start to the day. DD is all better..except for a lingering cold/stuffy, runny nose. and now DS has it too. but when she wakes in the morning she is an all-out CRAB! she needs to go to bed earlier and i've been asking/telling former DH about this since the school year started and now he's finally seeing it. it seems as if she's already entered teen years with how crabby, moody, cranky with attitude lately..and she's only 5 1/2yrs old! ugh!
    her crabbiness in turn makes me crabby and i don't like sending her off to school with either of us in that mood. so it has to stop! i know that my nerves are short these days with being very pregnant and this just doesn't help at all! so i'm hoping the earlier bedtime helps her.

also, the baby will be coming in about 8 short weeks and we still have much to do...well, DH still has much to do. with moving furniture around in a few rooms and disposing of things that are just junk collecting dust and taking up space. but it seems as if his incessant procrastinating is getting in the way..and that is stressing me out! i'd do it myself, but i'm just too big and pregnant to be doing it. ah, i just don't know what to do some days.

anyways..enough of my complaining.
    i hope everyone has a great day.
  • Good Morning everyone!!!!!!!!

I weighed this morning and I am down 7.6 pounds. I feel really good and I am ready to head back to the gym. I really want to go to my yoga and spin classes.

I have to start working on my DS's school yearbook. Sometimes I wonder why I do some of the things I do. I volunteered at the beginning of the year to do it and now wishing I hadn't. What was I thinking a 76 page yearbook by myself. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I was only doing the book. However, it entails doing all the advertising for it, letters to parents, and helping with the fundraiser for it. Oh, I really should quit complaining he goes to a small school. I am just overwhelmed. On the bright side I will so busy I won't eat.

I hope everyone has a great day.
  • Jillian, it sounds like your baby maybe coming sooner than you think because you are certainly nesting!!! Just do what you can and try not to drive yourself crazy about what you can not control. Hopefully everything will get moved around and arranged perfect before your new baby gets here. My 9 year old was such a crab every morning from about 5 to 7. No of course he is a boy so that is probably different but we gave him an earlier bed time. Turned off all the lights and TV and anything that could distract him and it worked. He now gets up by himself with an alarm clock. So hopefully your little one will grow out of it soon. But just a warning. The crabiness may get worse with a new little one in the home!!! Oh and I also think the teen behavior starts way to soon. I have 6 boys and to me the 11 & 10 year old behave mroe like teens than the 13 year old.
  • Jillian - It's the nesting thing. Don't stress - the baby's room will be ready.

I was looking at your due date and decided that I will set a goal of losing 15 lbs. by the time the Xanthia arrives!
  • Dionne congratulations on the 7.6 pounds that is amazing you should be so proud of yourself. As for the year book start a committee and assign other parents task. Put someone in charge of advertising etc.. that will take some of the burden off of you but on the positive it will keep you busy!!
  • Wow Dionne - great work! (on the weight loss, that is)

As for the yearbook - good luck - and I agree, recruit some help!
  • Quote: Jillian, it sounds like your baby maybe coming sooner than you think because you are certainly nesting!!! Just do what you can and try not to drive yourself crazy about what you can not control. Hopefully everything will get moved around and arranged perfect before your new baby gets here. My 9 year old was such a crab every morning from about 5 to 7. No of course he is a boy so that is probably different but we gave him an earlier bed time. Turned off all the lights and TV and anything that could distract him and it worked. He now gets up by himself with an alarm clock. So hopefully your little one will grow out of it soon. But just a warning. The crabiness may get worse with a new little one in the home!!! Oh and I also think the teen behavior starts way to soon. I have 6 boys and to me the 11 & 10 year old behave mroe like teens than the 13 year old.
    well, my DD and DS don't live with me..but former DH and i have finally agreed that an earlier bedtime needs to be started...even though i've been pushing for it for awhile now. thanks for the advice! i'll take anything i can get.
  • Quote: Jillian - It's the nesting thing. Don't stress - the baby's room will be ready.

I was looking at your due date and decided that I will set a goal of losing 15 lbs. by the time the Xanthia arrives!
    that's a good goal kim! you can do it! and i'll try not to gain 15lbs by then! ha.