Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 08:18 AM   #46  

Tali Good to see you back! Glad to hear you are still going strong!

Kuhljeanie Please don't stop posting whatever you are feeling; everyone has their ups and downs. My personal tried and true wisdom through the rough spots includes writing down 3 things I am grateful for every night, and exercise, especially to music. You do have a heavy load right now, but nothing lasts forever. Here's hoping you get a warm sunny spell to help dispel the gloom!

chinamaine weight going down! Kudos for continuing to push your workout intensity. Do you find the mat especially helpful with yoga?

Anne I agree completely, the most important thing was that you enjoyed your family. This was just a blip on the screen in comparison to all the hard work you've done weight management wise and I'm glad to see you're not beating yourself up too much. You really did have the perfect storm of temptations.

lilyyoung Weight drop at weight in! I found a realistic goal for me is not tied to a certain number (scales are so fickle) but to maintaining a certain level of commitment. I use the Beck book success check off sheets to "grade" and reward myself at monthly intervals. (I do have a special reward coming for getting through DS visit without a major downfall.) The scale has been bouncing along behind me, overall losing about 0.5 pound a week, which sounds insignificant compared to 0.8 pound a day, but I'm at 5 pounds total lost and I KNOW those 5 pounds are gone forever. More important, my confidence has increased exponentially.

Well that's a lot more advice than you asked for, but having turned 55 last year I can relate to approaching that milestone! Good luck!

onebyone Sounds like a very productive day for playing hooky; work and play! Now I have a role model for getting through seeing "The Watchmen" with DS when it opens tomorrow. I'll be filling my oversize bag with no fat popcorn and a water bottle.

Loved the groundhog; reminded me of
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNYfZd8iV2k

Enjoyed seeing your Macaroni images; you are SO creative. What a fantastic concept! I already feel sorry for Mr. Macaroni.

Bill standing in line to get on a treadmill and walk; if I walked to the gym I would not need to even go in!

to all!
Old 03-05-2009, 08:54 AM   #47  

Height: 5'7"

Default A Quickie Book Review for the semi-obsessed

I just finished How We Decide by Jonah Lehrer. Absolutely fascinating. It describes the two basic decision making systems in our brains, how they function, which works better in which situations, and how they complement each other. The first system is a massively parallel system capable of handling large amounts of information, which is dopamine-trained, largely unconscious and communicates its decisions through "feelings." If you are saying something like, "I've been doing this 20 years, and while I can't put my finger on it, something abut this situation is wrong," that is the first system at work. It is also better for appreciating art, food, what-have-you. It is a very old system, with several distinct brain structures with different functions, but they seem to all connect to the conscious mind in the same way--through feelings. The second system is the rational, verbal, prefrontal cortex, which is very rigorous and quantitative, but can't handle more than a few pieces of information (4 to 9, depending on who's research you believe) at a time. This one is good at making simple decisions, doing math, things like that.

So why am I posting this here you may ask? I was using my first decision making system, thinking, "Something about all this is awfully familiar" when out pops a footnote in the book. It seems that one of the best ways to make good decisions is to step back and think about how you are thinking. Am I overloading my rational system? Is my dopamine system being overloaded with irrelevant instinct or fear? So the footnote points out that Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is so effective because it encourages this type of thinking about thinking so we can start making better decisions.

So I knew CBT worked, but it is really good to understand at least some of the reasons why, backed up by peer-reviewed neuroscience, and be able to bring some of that knowledge into my conscious analysis process.

I can't get the 3FC store link to work to post a direct link, but check it out!

Back tonight with news of the day and the diet, and the long-promised personals.

Anne

Last edited by AnneWonders; 03-05-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #48  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Ok!! Pray for me...say the serenity prayer...send ...do it all!!!

The 100 individual chocolate bag stuffers are arriving in an hour
Old 03-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #49  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Thursday Report
75% On Plan (Pool, Food, Supplements, AI, 3FCx2, Mail trip)
Oh, well. Late night

WI: Down 2 to NEW LOW

Did not go take my midterm today. I postponed til tomorrow because we were up late working on the dresser and then the cat had to greet every stray outside (loudly) through our open window. I don't take tests when I'm nodding off if I can help it.

This morning I'm going to add some things to my "progress indicators" page in my blog. Specifically a "rewards" column to my goals table. I really liked ChinaMaine's idea of treating herself with health-promoting rewards. Some of the things I'm putting here might be a bit beyond my budget right now, but if I plan ahead I should be able to have the funds available when they come. (Any idea how much scuba lessons cost?)

Anne: It sounds like you did the very best you could under trying circumstances. Remember - fat quickly gained is also quickly lost. I'm glad the trip went well in other respects. You're absolutely right about keeping things in perspective.

How We Decide sounds very nifty. Thanks for sharing that. (You get a lot of reading done, don't you?)

Lily: to your good attitude regarding the scale. I look forward to your birthday post!

onebyone: What a fantastic productive day! And a trip to the movie theater without blowing your plan is wonderful!

Oh, and having worked for an "evil bank" I have no problems with your attitude toward them.

at the macaroni interview concept! Will we get to see the finished film?

Bill: for working out after a late day at work!

Davidette: I'm very interested in knowing your opinion of the Watchmen, especially if you've read the graphic novel. Even if you haven't, I'd like to know what you think of it as a film. I've been waiting eagerly for this film ever since I saw the trailer at Batman.

at sneezing baby panda!

Robin: You can do it, girl! I'm visualizing invisible tape over your mouth right now!

Okay, I've had my fill of funny animal videos for the morning (I'll have to check back in the afternoon.) but as long as the topic is out there, enjoy this: All the funniest cat videos edited together to the Pachelbel Cannon.

Last edited by twilit tera; 03-05-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:46 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Robin -- I guess you can't change the fact that 100 chocolate bag stuffers will be there soon (btw: what is a chocolate bag stuffer??), so try to have the serenity to say 'Oh well...'

And I know you can find the will power to say: "Every time I eat something I'm not supposed to eat, I strengthen my giving-in muscle -- which makes it more likely that I'll give in the next time... & the next... & the next."

I'm sending supportive thoughts that you'll strengthen your resistance muscles and not eat the chocolate.

Good luck!

Last edited by ChinaMaine; 03-05-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:45 PM   #51  
Hunger-not an emergency!

S/C/G: [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com

Not sure what kinda model car I want to be..will have to research it. Love the ideas. Okay today...not great just okay.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #52  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

hi my buoyant coaches,

checking in as promised (to myself.) i felt like i got a ton of sleep last night - almost 6 hours. wheeeeee. am right now committing to getting on the treadmill tonight for 45 minutes. speed is irrelevant at this point, i think. giving myself credit for skipping the fries at work, and an Oh Well for the cheeseburger and cookie. it's harder to stay on plan when i feel so skinny...hence the whole persist in victory thing, huh?

and thank you all so much for the hugs and support. it's a relief to be able to be honest about how i'm feeling, since i can't at work - have a lot invested in being "up" and energized (both for my management and for the people who report to me). when the mask comes off i pretty much collapse in a heap. i'm doing a lot of things to enforce the idea that i'm the mistress of my own destiny rather than a victim of circumstances i can't control, which kinda sorta helps, and i'm building a training plan for other folks on the bench which makes me feel like i'm contributing. so, here's to feeling better even if the times aren't necessarily getting better, yet.

will post tomorrow. thanks again!!!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:03 PM   #53  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Hello, Beckbuddies!

Today I weigh 222. It's just over 50 pounds from where I started and I've been doing some reflecting. You know those little towns between where you've been and where you're going? You know - someone mentions it and you go, "Ohyeah, I know that town. I went through there on my way to ____." Well, 222 is the weight equivalent of that town for me. It's not a destination, but I keep passing through it on my way up to 275 or down to 180.

Maybe this'll be the last time?

Jean: Is there any way you can get more sleep? 6 hours may feel like a lot compared to what you've been getting, but if that's a lot to you, there's no mystery to your lethargy!

Goodnight, folks!

Last edited by twilit tera; 03-06-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:04 PM   #54  

Coaches/Buddies Mostly on plan today. I snagged a couple of DH's chicken nuggets after my salad at dinner, but did great otherwise. I ran this morning, and it was supposed to be a two-miler, but just didn't have it in me. I had to take a walk break at the top of a hill. Later I found my HR was nearly 180, so it was a good decision.

I have my plan for tomorrow ready. I found myself resisting the planning, but tomorrow I have to work to make up some time from vacation and today when DD got sent home early with pink eye. It never stops does it. Tonight after I post, I'm going to read my RCs and review some of the BDS stuff, some of the BTYSP stuff and then hit the hay.

The surgery on Monday seems to have gotten my father all fixed up, finally, and now he just needs to recover. I'm so glad.

Oh yeah, I think I have damaged my right elbow in the travel. Bill, as our resident elbow expert, did you hear anything about "car seat" elbow from hauling said devices along with a giant pile of other junk through an airport?

Oh yeah, scale was down 3 lbs this morning and I'm back more or less where I left off. Dodged a bullet perhaps?

On to personals...

Bill Thanks as always for starting the March thread. Makes me realize how grateful I am for this group.

Try this one. Free food at stores isn't free. It is BAIT! Unless you are at an actual Bait Shop (do they have those in Boston??), not what you want to do!

I love maps!! What a great idea for a walk! How is the elbow doing with the shoveling?

I think you should make a Memory Card when you laughed at the vending machines. That's just cool!

So what's with this Amazon habit? I ask this as I nurse one of my own. I figure I read a lot, so it is worth it. One of these days I need to learn to spell library.

onebyone Ouch on the foodsealer dodad. Did you get it replaced?

Great job on your late night food planning! And also for sticking to that plan.

Smiling at the animated dancing banana great animation!

Chris Glad your DH is doing better after the surgery. Yes! on the 7 lbs. It is interesting that we usually think of weight getting in the way of our looks and lifestyle, but our health is by far the most important thing. Hurray and ouch for that reminder from your Dr. Love the caddy pix idea!

Tera Nice work on Saturday. Hurray for new chairs! Nice work on Sunday. Seeing a pattern on your electronics separation, with your Monday report (and Tuesday, and Thursday)... Hmmm, I'll gently suggest that you need to rethink it, or develop some new strategies for sticking to it.

Glad you are settling into the pool work!

Thank you for being a blood donor! Yes on the 6 lb loss. And two more! Good karma!

Congrats on your 50 lb milestone. A tremendous accomplishment. "Maybe this will be the last time?" Go read BDS day 36. Now. About 40 times. You really can and will do this You have changed your lifestyle, and you have NO CHOICE but to keep off this weight. Doing anything else is unthinkable. Once you become one with this idea, just completely grok it, it is done.

RobinW I hope you aren't still cranky. But good job on being both OP and cranky! Are you finding the weight graph helpful?

Let's hear it for planned indulgences! I think they are a necessary thing, since it is part of a lifestyle, and we're all about that, right? Oh, yeah, Happy (Belated) Birthday!! Smiling about "pulling 40 pretty hard."

Cool about your tuna find. Not sure what a chocolate bag stuffer is, but I hope they get those bags stuffed and outta there, or it'll be real crowded!

ChinaMaine Give yourself big credits for doing a Cheat Sheet (or whatever ) for your extra calories. You might also consider planning in some extra calories on big exercise days. I find that helps me to stay on track, and get in healthy foods instead of junky stuff. Ouch on the weigh in, but that big a jump is usually transitory. Are you tracking it on a graph of some sort? Nice job getting back on track.

Thanks for the article link. It is a tough balance to create. An awareness that a person must be mindful especially when one's mother has the fat gene(s) but not messing up healthy feelings about one's body. Thanks also for the review of MFC after the long wait.

davidette How did the CPK trip go? I love that place! Having just finished 6 loads of laundry myself, I agree that is spontaneous exercise. Credit us. Since I don't know the French word for "us" that'll have to do!

Jean Your posts make me so tired, you have some much going on! Is it time to take a look at that? Getting overwhelmed is one of my fast tickets to depression. on the job situation. This is such a stressful economic time for this to be happening.

Lily Welcome back! Staying connected and accountable is sometimes painful, but such a valuable tool for weight management.

maryblu I'm ready to do some Ch 18 stuff, and maybe some other hunger exercises. Want to coordinate?

JenMusic How was the exercise?

Tali Glad that Beck is working out for you all over!

wndranne Lay off the Cheetos.

OK, think I'm caught up with March. Until tomorrow!

Anne
Old 03-05-2009, 10:31 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default Thanks and praise to Beckies

Just a few thoughts for my Beckies,

wndranne, thanks so much for the recommendation on How We Decide

Thank you. I need it on so many levels; that has always baffled me. I need to understand this about me once and for all.

And, yes, I second your thanks to BillBE, our cyber sheppard, for his steadfast leadership. BilllBE, I simply look for your post to start every day...it all flows from there......I always appreciate it, not just for its consistency, but always for the sharp little ironies, the humor, and your joy in living. Your wisdom is greatly appreciated and savored.

Tera, Tera, Tera..........50#s. 50 freaking pounds.........that is no small town you passed through........that is 50 dragging, sucking, draining pounds no longer on your frame dragging you down. There is no where to go but up. You go girl..that is no small feat.....there is no where to go but up..pretty soon you will just be a balloon going up. I have so appreciated your thinking on the poverty issue......and have for so long thought the same thing.

Shout out to all.......
Old 03-05-2009, 10:43 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile Thursday

We went food shopping for next week. After that we went out to dinner and really enjoyed it. We realized we haven’t gone out to dinner for several months and decided to try and do it once a month. It’s nice to get out of the house and eat creatively cooked food. I had a Vietnamese Seafood Stew. It was really delicious – scallops, shrimp and mussels in a savory broth with ginger and cilantro; all poured over sticky rice.
Beck – WI-down 1.5 lbs. slow but sure the weight is coming back off. Credit! Read my cards, made food plan for today and outline for the next week. Food - op / Exercise – op.
Anne I’m glad your family visit was enjoyable, but sorry to hear about how it went from a ‘weight management perspective (WMP)’. I’m very sorry your father isn’t doing well. (But thrilled to read just now that the surgery went well! ) Kudos for exercising twice during your visit! CREDIT for logging your intake every day. That’ll give you useful information when you are ready to analyze the visit from a WMP. I don’t know if you are a reader of the first Beck book or the second, but the second book has an interesting ‘experiment’ in it you might want to try before heading back for another visit. I’m thinking in terms of developing behavioral and cognitive strategies to deal the availability of food at your parents, and your readiness to root around in the cupboards. It’s in success skill 6, experiment 5. If you don’t have the second book, I can summarize the experiment for you… Concerning the scale – I always retain water when I fly, so I expect to lose a lb or two in the week after flying just from water. So, don’t take the numbers too seriously for a few days at least. (I just saw you’ve already lost 3 lbs. – Bravo!) Thanks for the review of How We Decide. I saw him interviewed on either the Daily Show or Colbert. He seemed quite intelligent and the book sounded interesting. After reading your review, I now have another book to add to the stack of books I want to read. I’m currently barely reading a Team of Rivals – and have been since the holidays. Oh well…

You’re body has had a strenuous week – it’s no surprise that you may need to take it slow at times. Kudos for flexibly changing your exercise plan for today and credit for being almost completely op for food.

lilyyoung Credit for the reasonable, achievable goal. And CREDIT for the weight loss and the hard work that got you there!

one by one Kudos for getting your outlines done. And my sympathies for having to watch the International. I hear it’s not a very good movie…

Bill I’m glad to see there’s someone who shares my Amazon habit. I love the anticipation that comes with knowing a box has been shipped and may arrive *any second*. Credit for exercising in spite of a late day at the office!

davidette I do find the yoga mat helpful with all floor exercises- either yoga or crunches. I have my wii set up in a room we don’t use much – and we haven’t had the money to buy an area rug for that room yet. So the mat makes floor exercises much more comfortable.

Tera – Another new low – credit! 70% op – credit! I’m glad you like the idea of getting things that encourage exercise as mini-goal rewards. I’ve been dreaming of taking an overnight hotel trip to an area with lots of exercise opportunity, but have been hesitant because of cost. But if I make it a reward for a ‘big’ mini-goal, like hitting the 20 lbs lost mark, that would be quite rewarding and encourage desired behavior. I'm glad you brought it up, because this idea didn't occur to me until you mentioned scuba diving. (And, no, I don't know how much scuba lessons tend to be...) Re 222, well let’s plan on never having you visit this place again. But if you have to visit there again, at least you know the way back down.

Jeanie Credit for skipping fries, and for saying ‘oh well’ about the cheeseburger and cookie. Bravo for the treadmill plan. I agree, for now speed doesn’t matter. Walking 45 mins at any speed is great. That ‘persist in victory’ stuff is incredibly important, isn’t it? I never realized until this week how I sabotage my long term goals in response to short term success. When I really think about it I realize what a problem that is…

angelmomma Hope the day has ended up being Great after all.

Last edited by ChinaMaine; 03-05-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:55 AM   #57  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up T G I F

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Abandoned again by DW again for dinner, I designed my after work walk to include a fresh pasta store. Cooked up some pumpkin fresh-sage ravioli for my dinner. CREDIT moi. Even bought enough so that DW can boil the rest as a side dish for dinner tonight, since otherwise she'd be jealous that I had a variety that she hadn't tasted. I have to avoid this joint because it smells sooooooo good when I walk in. Mandatory samples of expensive olive oils and balsamic vinegars, which probably detract a bit from that great CREDIT moi I just gave myself, except these all fit in my rare and expensive exception.

maryblu - Thank you for all the kind words. Hope you read How We Decide before I do and explain to me how to use that insight when, oh, for random example, facing FREE food. (Not to be a tattletale or anything, but Anne (wndranne) said grok. And she's talking to herself also. Is it just me or is this place getting weird?)

Jean (kuhljeanie) - Kudos for persisting in posting. Ouch for the continued pressure at work; I understand that feeling of wanting to look indispensable. And Kudos for being at a place where you have to "persist in victory."

Anne (wndranne) - Neat review of How We Decide by Jonah Lehrer - goes right onto my Amazon Shopping List. Maybe you, ChniaMaine, and I could start Amazon Anonymous (AA); there's no question that that place is addictive. Yep, sing after me, L - I - B - R - A - R - Y , WHY, because we love you. Yay for mixing the Mickey Mouse Club with AA. LOL at "BAIT!" Yep, we have bait shoppes in Boston.

Robin (RobinW) - Put your hands up. Now slowly back away from the chocolates, LOL. Boy, stuffing the handout bags makes this networking event sound real. Sending calming thoughts.

Chris (angelmomma210) - What a great focus point; I keep thinking about what car I want to be now. Porsche Boxster comes to mind. Of course mine will be in testosterone red.

Tera (twilit tera) - Congrats on the big FIVE OH lost. Love the new word, 222 is a weighpoint on your one-way journey.

davidette - Neat that you tie monthly rewards to your success sheets instead of weight. How did the cycling class with DS go?

ChinaMaine - Yay for enjoying your "Vietnamese Seafood Stew." Boy, does that sound good. I can smell the cilantro as I type. And Kudos for continuing on plan.

Readers -
Quote:
Success Skill 6 experiment 1
Prove to yourself that you confuse hunger with other states.
Many dieters label any desire to eat as hunger. But you are only hungry when you experience an empty feeling in your stomach, often accompanied by hunger pangs.
The Complete Beck Diet for Life, pg 73
Old 03-06-2009, 06:56 AM   #58  

anne Thanks for the book review. I "just had a feeling" CBT was an incredible, all-encompassing technique but now I understand why!

For you Amazoners Anonymous: Do you know your can join your local library and / or any number of nearby municipalities' libraries, go to their web site and request any book to be held and they will notify you via email when it's ready for your pick up, usually a few days. You can also get email due-date reminders and renew repeatedly over their web site. Larger cities often offer virtual library access to read or download books online. Most libraries also have lots of programs for kids (i.e., free babystitting!). A package from Amazon thrills me too, but I like the money I save at libraries even more!

Grok?? Haven't heard that since I read Stranger in a Strange Land 35 years ago! Going even farther back, my grade school French for "us" is "nous", for future shared CREDITs.

CPK lunch went fantastic. I ate there a month ago with great trepidation and much planning. This time it was a cakewalk (without the cake). I had complete confidence I would stay OP and I did. The hardest part was eating mindfully because I was enjoying the company so much! You guys told me this would happen, OP behavior would quickly become second nature, and you were right!

Robin Chocolate bag stuffers challenge over? I'm betting you did great!

Tera new low! 50 pounds is a wonderful accomplishment! You can speed through that weighpoint but don't rush through the CREDIT you so deserve!

The reviews for the Watchmen are not great, but I love the imagination of sci-fi (talk about escapism!) so I expect to enjoy it. Will let you know.

cat video; last one I promise:
http://icanhascheezburger.com/
I have this as a gadget and it guarantees at least one smile a day.

kuhljeanie You're on the right track there; from my reading, feeling helpless is a major factor in being depressed. From The Happiness Makeover by M.J.Ryan: "The truth is we always have choices, if only to choose the meaning we make out of the circumstances we find ourselves in."

chinamaine slow but steady weight loss! What's your next mini reward?

Bill Pumpkin fresh sage ravioli had me it's a good thing there are no stores like that near me.

Cycling went great - DS was red and sweaty and amazed his old lady mama was pouring it on, leaving him in the dust. Okay, I was showing off a little and had to come home and take a nap. It was fun and I was proud of myself! CREDIT MOI for all my hard gym work.

Today's the movie after water class, and yes, I'm taking my bag this time

to all
Old 03-06-2009, 10:24 AM   #59  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Ive been having trouble with the 3fc site the last couple days. Im getting either a broken link notice, or it doesnt load at all. Anyone else?

Ive attached our bags for our networking event, and the box of chocolates that arrived yesterday. Aren't they pretty?! Ive got them tucked away....bag stuffing doesnt start until next weekend. I think I'll manage tho

davidette~ Kudos for op behaviour becoming second nature!! Im with you on the library too! We are all signed up for notices, etc. The only time I'll purchase a book is when I want to either write in it, or keep it for future reference. (or if the library doesnt have it) I've saved a major fortune since I started using the library.

Bill~ "pumpkin fresh-sage ravioli" this sounds amazing!! It also sounds like a nice place to venture for your walk.

"this networking event sound real. Sending calming thoughts" Thanks!! The stress has been getting to me. Its very real and suddenly Im feeling like I dont have enough time Oh well.

ChinaMaine~ WTG on more lbs dropping away

Anne~ Kudos for getting back to "before trip" place on the scale. Good going on getting your planning for tomorrow. I find it helps so so so much to get that stuff ready. Keeps the guessing down to a minimum. (nope Im not cranky anymore)

Tera~ For 50 pounds gone forever!!!

Jean~ Awesome job on getting 6 hours of sleep I didnt answer the other day when you mentioned posting when you were down. Dont stop posting....sometimes posting here is what pulls me out of my funk, and helps me get back on plan. We've all been there in some form or another....we're here to help So keep posting

I've got over 200 t-shirts behind me needing to get printed.....Have a great day everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg networking event 03-09 001.jpg (21.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg networking event 03-09 003.jpg (42.6 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by RobinW; 03-06-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #60  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Talking Dip

Hello coaches

I've just been taking it slow this morning. I don't have any classes until Wednesday! Woo-Hoo! On Friday I am always class-free but Monday and Tuesday my teachers are away and on Thursday my morning class instructor is getting a head start on march break travel so I have a break then too. of course, I have lots of work to fill the time but it's good to be class-free and then the week after next is march break so I am class free all week and then it's the real crunch time of end of term projects coming due. SO GLAD to see the end is in sight. I can hardly wait.

I've been taking the advice of something I read in passing about when it comes to losing weight we must have tunnel vision. Oh no! I didn't read it I saw it on the Biggest Loser this week. Sugar Ray Leonard gave advice to the contestants, to have tunnel vision and to focus on your goal, to always keep it in mind and this week I have done just that. My food has been simple and simply made. I am eating at regular intervals, and when I can't I say NO to my hunger and say YES to what I had planned to eat and NO CHOICE to overeating. Being ravenous is not a reason to eat crap! I DO NOT EAT CRAP. No Choice; tunnel vision at work. Last night I felt my body switch into weightloss mode. maybe it's that the bloating is gone but I feel lighter, the scale is echoing this. I've given myself a 10 week plan, taking me to the first week of May. I am maintaining tunnel vision on this goal, to stay OP for 10 weeks. What's really helped are having those frozen baggies of rice and meat in the freezer to take to school with me. I add peas or broccoli and I have a complete meal effortlessly. Awesome. And then, when I see I am OP all day at night I want to keep it that way and before I know it I have added another day OP to my life. I think the key is the food in the freezer. This weekend I am doing rice and beans. I am on the flylady list and this fantastic email for how to make 5 different types of meals from rice and beans to freeze for later came through my email. I am going to make this over the weekend. That's my plan for next week. (I attached the text file here if you want to look at her ideas. They are great!)

Better go. I may have the day off from classes but I've got stuff to take care of.

Have a great day.
Attached Files
File Type: txt riceandbeans.txt (3.1 KB, 2 views)
Closed Thread