Old 02-16-2009, 08:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S 225/ C 220/ G 135

Height: 5'3

Default Calling all Somersizers

Hi Fellow Somersizers!!

Anyone here interested in supporting each other in a weekly or even bi-weekly ( if possible) support group?

Maybe commit to posting a couple times a week for ideas, motivation, support, obstacles?? I personally could use the support.

Will check back to see if anyone is interested. Hope to hear soon.

YSLGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:01 PM   #2  

Default I might be interested !

I somersized a few years ago and like it. I have been on thie site asking if someone was interested in somersizing, only a few responded. Which book are you using and have you had success with this way of eating? Thanks
Patricia
patricia54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:32 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricia54 View Post
I somersized a few years ago and like it. I have been on thie site asking if someone was interested in somersizing, only a few responded. Which book are you using and have you had success with this way of eating? Thanks
Patricia
Hi Patricia,

I have done this program and have done quite well on it. I to have been in search of people on the program, and have goten the same number of responses you got.
I would really like to keep something going, so we can all help each other out. Its a great program I think and once you get used to it, it does become second nature.

I have been using her "fast and easy" and her "Desserts" books. Although they are not the most current, I pretty much have the program in my head and refer to the book, only for certain things. Although her products can be expensive on her website, I do get some of them only because its easier than having to make certain things from scratch. I try to creat my own recipes with her guildlines, only because some ingredients her recipes require I can't find. I am a little disappointed to see that she had discontinued making a lot of the food products. Which is having me read a lot more lables. Which is fine, I only have to do it once to know, and the things I can't find, I just go without.

Hope this helps, hope you keep me posted!!

Stacy
Old 02-17-2009, 08:44 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I went ahead and moved the thread to our more general plan-based support groups area, so others can find you more easily.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:53 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
I went ahead and moved the thread to our more general plan-based support groups area, so others can find you more easily.

Thank you!! Newbie here
Old 02-18-2009, 07:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 272/260/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Im a Somersizer

Hi, I have been Somersizing since 1/05/09 and have lost 13 pounds so far
I am also looking for support and ideas.
Mama Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:04 PM   #7  

Default Somersizer

Hi there

I have been somersizing since 2001 .....had a baby at age 40 and went staright back on the programme and was down to my prepregnancy weight in 5 months .This is a way of life for me and I have done it alone so far. It would be great to have a network.I have 4 lbs to lose and this is the hardest .....it would be fun to get support
Debsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 226/220/140

Height: 5'5"

which book is the best to start with? I see 3 on amazon dealing with weight loss.
catcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:39 AM   #9  
junior

S/C/G: 150/135/115

Height: 5"2

Default re

Hi Hi!

My parents somersized back a few years ago, and my mom lost like 40 lbs in 5 months just eating it was amazing! My dad lost 10 lbs as he wasn't in need of losing much and I lost quite a bit in a week and a half that I tried it as well.

A support group for this would be awsome as this is how I am eating for the next 3 weeks!
foxie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'9"

Newbie here as well!!! I just got the book and would love to have a support group! It's hard to keep up with forums and I prefer emails, so if anyone else is interested let me know! I haven't begun the new 'way of life' yet, but already have questions: When are you supposed to eat snacks? Are they to be combined with a meal? And what are they supposed to be, a pro/fat, a veggie, or carbo?
FUNGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'9"

Also, how do I get a running scale of my progress like others have (ie. catcookie)?
FUNGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote