Up Your Activity Level - what did you do today?

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Yesterday I did end up doing the afternoon walk - I walked 10 minutes and did elliptical 10 minutes. At soccer I ended up gabbing with the other soccer moms... I felt bad because one of them was dressed for walking, but I never actually said "lets walk" because I knew that my kids would eventually interrupt and so I didn't want her to be victim to that as well and we ended up just standing around talking... I brought my gym bag today... we'll see what I do.
  • Julie, That is why I go to classes, as I won't walk out on a class, but I just can decide for a whole lot of reasons to quit early otherwise. I am not having the best exercise week ever. I was going to do the elliptical at home both last night and this morning, and I just worked until 7 and then didn't, by the time I cooked dinner and ate and digested, it was just late, and my DH was out late, so I stayed up too late and just woke up tired... Oh well, I've got to do better, to have a bigger variety than just the spin classes... I need some weights and some abs in there somewhere....
  • I've somehow talked myself into the idea that making petit fours would be exercise... I don't think I can get that thought out of my head - not that I want to eat them, I just really want to make them for the kids, neighbors, family, etc. So I will probably skip today and just go for a quick break walk and then exercise over the weekend.
  • Haven't been feeling very good, think I got a cold. UGH! But I plan on still going to the gym tonight. My plan is to walk on the treadmill for 30 min at 3.8 MPH every 5 min I will run for 1 min at 4.7 MPH. Then I will do the eliptical for 20 min. And then I will go tanning! HA! I will update tomorrow with an X after each completed task. Have a great night!
  • Cecil, Sometimes when I"m not feeling 100% I just cut back my intensity level a bit and go and do it anyway. So maybe skip the sprints if you are feeling off when you go, but still go. I think having the occasional low and slow workout is good for you. Just get up to say 65-70% heart rate and stay there at that level for an extended period of time... no pushing yourself anywhere near breathless.

I did my 3rd spin class in 3 days this morning. I even did some abs this morning before class. I really need to do more of those! I hadn't realized how little I've done on them until I was there doing crunches on the stability ball and really feeling it.
  • Thanks Barbara. Acutally that was from last week. I just copied and pasted it so it was a new post. Sorry that was kinda confusing. I shouldn't have done that.
  • Cecil, I hope you are all better! You did fantastic for not feeling all that great. You should be a toned and tanned wonder by the time you go to Mexico!
  • Today instead of risking getting stuck behind non walking escalator riders, I took the stairs, 5 flights of them to be exact! I will also be taking an afternoon walk and since the weather looks like no soccer today, I may walk my neighborhood.
  • I almost didn't go to the gym. I had convinced myself not to, but in a spur got up and started driving there. I did 30 min on the climber and a tricept and shoulder workout. Felt pretty good after.
  • I did get a little walk in the afternoon in, but nothing once I got home from work... I've got 3 out of 3 kids sick along with myself!
  • Oh Julie that sounds horrible. Good for you for getting something in

I forced myself to go again today and got in 30 min of mixed cardio, I am going for a 1 hour class tomorrow!
  • I shoveled a crapload of snow today!
  • Hello there! Just reposted my progress!
    02/09 Eliptical 20 min X Treadmill 30 min X
    02/10 Eliptical 20 min Treadmill 30 min walk for 5 min then run for 2min walk for 3min run for 2min. X
    02/11 Eliptical 20 min Treadmill 30 min walk for 5 min run for 2min walk for 3min run for 2min X
    02/12 CLASS No GYM
    02/13 Eliptical 20 min Treadmill 30 min walk for 5 min run for 2 walk for 3 run for 2. X
    02/14 Eliptical 10 min Treadmill 30 min Walk for 5 run for 2 walk for 3 run for 2. X
    02/15 Basketball Open gym. 1 1/2 hours X
    02/16 Eliptical 20 min Treadmill 30 min walk 5 min run 2 min walk 3 min run 2 min. X
    02/17 Eliptical 20 min Treadmill 30 min 5 min walk 2 min run 3 min walk 2 min run X
    03/02 Treadmill 30 min Walk 5 min run 2 min walk 3 min
    Eliptical 10 min X
    03/03 Treadmill 30 min walk 5 run 2 walk 3 run 2
    03/06 Treadmill 30 min walk 5 run 2 walk 3 run 2 10 min on eliptical
    03/08 Treadmill 30 min walk 5 min run 2 walk 3 run 2
    03/09 Treadmill 30 min walk 5 min run 2 walk 3 run 2
    Eliptical 20 min
    03/10 Biggest loser dvd 20 min and I want to die!
  • I LOVE the dance videos on On Demand. I even tried the Fit and Flirty one - it is sort of transhy but fun. The Carmen Electra Hip Hop video was fun too and my 1 year old was dancing along with me!
  • Last night I had class until 10:30 and then a 40min drive home, but I was wired and watched TBL on TiVo. Since I felt like a slug after sitting all day at work and then for 6 hours in class, I did planks and pushups and some pilates while watching. I felt good!

Tonight - BodyPump class at the gym.