3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   La Weightloss #47 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/16342-la-weightloss-47-a.html)

dianem1 05-17-2002 02:59 PM

La Weightloss #47

Hi Everyone:
I think we need a new one.

dianem1 05-17-2002 03:07 PM

Hi All:
I have not been doing so well staying on program. I have gotten myself stuck in this binging cycle that I keep repeating over and over. I am at the point to where I need to take things a day at a time. The councelor let me have some extra weeks when I bought my vitamins the other day so that is a good thing.
Just wanted to say I am still here just not as often at this point.
I hope everyone is doing well.
Diane I
04/06/01 201
05/15/02 144
goal 135

bunnyblues 05-17-2002 03:36 PM

HI Diane and good to see you. I know it's harder to post when you're having difficulties, so you're awfully brave. I know you'll find the strength to finish up, and we'll all be here for you either way. :)

Jibbelle 05-19-2002 08:56 AM

Diane-
Thanks for the new thread. It was nice of the counselor to give you extra weeks. You have given them enough money as it is!!:lol: I guess they make their money on LA Lites and Supplements anyway, not the program costs. I hope taking things one day at a time really helps you. You are SOOO close to your goal...it is well within reach if you just concentrate on the task at hand. :)

I did really well at staying on plan this week. I missed a few fruit, but overall did pretty well. I weighed in up 0.4 lbs. But it is that time of the month, so I am not suprised. I bet when I go in next Saturday I will be down a lb or two. Have to wait and see!!!

Take care all...have a great weekend!

JoyUvette 05-20-2002 09:18 AM

Checking In

Well, I must admit that I am really pleased. I have just started with LA Weight Loss, and I love what I am experiencing (so far). I've been doing the program for a week and a half, with a 5 pound loss. This is the first weight loss program that has ever worked for me, and the personal visits really keep me on my toes.

I have a long way to go, but I am optimistic. Currently, my goal weight is set to 145, but I think I'll go for 135 if they allow me to make that adjustment.

dianem1 05-20-2002 10:21 AM

Bunny and Jibbelle:
Thanks for the the support . I feel like I am being tested. If I make it through this tough time I am having, I can make through anything. Those bad habits can come back and take over quickly and boy are they hard to get rid of again.
Jibbelle I am glad you are doing well staying on program.
Welcome Joy it is a great program and I do love the one on one, I don't think I would have made this far being in a big group.
Have a great week everyone.
Diane
04/06/01 201
05/19/01 146.8
goal 135

bunnyblues 05-20-2002 02:06 PM

Well, i hope everyone is doing well. I was *horrible* yesterday! This is why I can't drink -- I eat the planet the next day. I started adding it up on FitDay, and when I got to 4200 calories, I just gave up and moved on. I'm back on track today, although it's hard to eat when, quite frankly, there's no food left in town. I have to say though, that I'm really pleased with my new ability to screw up, but then let it go and get back to business. Normally I would just give up and puss out. I think the therapist is what's helping me out.

I'm still exhausted. Pardon the rambling...:dizzy:

bunnyblues 05-21-2002 11:21 AM

123breathe

I have a question -- has anyone used the breathasize tape? I've never even opened mine.

JoyUvette 05-21-2002 11:31 AM

Breathasize

I have never used the Breathasize tape. I did look at it once, but it is sooooo boring. I prefer to stick to my own aerobics tapes and exercise plans. They're a little more lively. For those who may find this too difficult, I would suggest water aerobics or the Walk Off the Pounds tapes. Those are also very simple, but much more effective. Yoga and Pilates are good, too, while low impact. :p

bunnyblues 05-22-2002 02:18 PM

I use a really mean trainer, Joy -- that's what keeps me going :lol:

Still working towards my May 31 mini-goal of 155! And hey, didja notice? 10 pounds down!

l Woohoo! How are you guys doing? xYTx? Diane? Jibbelle?
l
l
l
l
l
V

Jibbelle 05-22-2002 04:54 PM

I am exhausted...I have been working so many hours....not only mentally exhausted but physically. I need a new job...

TOM is on the way out the door, so I am hoping when I weigh in Saturday I will be down.

10 lbs is awesome bunny! You are doing a wonderful job. Keep it up!!!!!

dianem1 05-23-2002 04:10 PM

Hey Bunny:
Great Job! 10 Pounds.
I have been behaving myself. Yesterday was a tough day I wanted stuff, but I fought it and I actually feel pretty good today.
Jibbelle you sound really beat. I hope today was a better day.
The weather here was great today, I hope we have a nice weekend. My husband turned 40 today and I am giving him a party on Sunday and I am hoping it does not rain.
How is the weekend going to be for everyone, I just want to have nice weekend without worrying about food, I just can't let it be so important and have a good time.
My niece is up gotta go.
Diane I
04/06/01 201
05/23/02 145
goal 135

Jibbelle 05-23-2002 06:13 PM

This recipe is on the LA Weight Loss website:

Marinade:
- 1 tbsp. dark sesame oil
- 1/3 cup rice wine or dry sherry
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. sugar free apricot preserves
- 2 tsp. hot-pepper sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 scallions, trimmed and minced
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 tsp. Chinese five-spice powder (optional)

Chicken:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 green peppers, cut into 1-inch squares

Marinade: Whisk oil, rice wine, soy, preserves, hot sauce, garlic, ginger, scallions, 1/2 tbsp. of the sesame seeds, and if using, five-spice powder, in medium-size bowl. Chicken: Add chicken and peppers to marinade. Cover; refrigerate 2 hours or overnight. Prepare outdoor grill with hot coals, or heat gas grill to hot, or heat oven broiler. Thread 6 oz. or 8 oz. chicken according to plan on metal skewer, alternating with 1/2 green pepper. Grill kabobs, turning once, 8 to 12 minutes or until cooked through. Arrange on platter and sprinkle top with remaining sesame seeds.

All is well here...just busy!

Diane-
It sounds as if you are doing well...keep it up. Hope you hubby has a wonderful birthday!!

Jibbelle 05-24-2002 05:53 PM

Tomorrow is weigh in!! *keeping fingers crossed*

anyone down this week???

bunnyblues 05-25-2002 06:53 PM

Hey that recipe sounds great!

Well, I went kayaking today instead of weighing in, so I'll let you guys know how I'm doing on Tuesday. Have a great weekend!

Jen