Old 01-28-2009, 11:03 PM   #1  
More Blub to Love

S/C/G: 162/160/140

Default Normalcy Not Working?

This is going to be lengthy, so I apologize and thank anyone who reads it. This is built up frustration...

Ok, I can't seem the answer to this question. At the end of 2007 I had hit an all time high weight of 173. I had graduated high school the year before and the whole freshman 15 waited a year or so to accumulate. After playing soccer for 6 years, my activity level had dropped substantially. I couldn't stand it anymore.

So I got a gym membership, had a few sessions with a personal trainer, and modified my diet. I was going to the gym at least 4 to 5 times a week for at least an hour at a time. I was eating healthy with about 1500 calories a day. I was feeling better and doing better. But after a few months I was seeing very little results. I wasn't fitting into my clothes any better, I wasn't losing substantial weight or even gaining substantial muscle. I didn't understand why it wasn't working.

When I was about to give up, I got promoted to an early morning Freight Manager at my work. I was up super early and throwing freight on very little sleep. I had terrible sleep habits and wasn't really eating much of anything when I wasn't working or sleeping. I was pretty much doing everything wrong. But I lost 15 lbs in 1 month.

I don't get it!! I'm having the same problem again because I have gained some of those pounds back from lack of money=fast food. But last month I lost 5 lbs again because of another life change where I was really busy and didn't have enough time to eat.

I'm at 160 right now, and I want to be at 140 which I think is healthy for my height. But the normal diet and the exercise don't seem to work. I'm doing Kung Fu right now, which is an awesome workout but only twice a week. I mean...should I just intentionally starve myself a little? It seems to be the only thing that works...
aqueous18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:23 AM   #2  
No description available.

Your body needs nutrition to function and be healthy. How tall are you? Are you male or female? What do you eat?
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Are you pretty sure about the 1500 calories being accurate?
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:49 AM   #4  
More Blub to Love

S/C/G: 162/160/140

Well I know starving yourself isn't supposed to work and it's supposed to slow your metabolism and whatnot. But I found that it didn't matter what I ate, I could've been eating crappy junk food but I was still losing weight because I'd only eat maybe once or twice. Like I said, I was doing everything wrong.

Yeah, I input everything I ate into a calorie counter thingy I found on a nutrition website. I was actually not eating enough for a while, but I changed it.

I'm female, 5'5". What did I eat when? When I was eating healthier I was eating lean meats, vegetables, fruits, and all good things. I cut out pop and fast food. I was doing everything I was supposed to and sticking to it too. That's what frustrated me so much.
aqueous18 is offline   Reply With Quote