Old 01-29-2009, 03:09 PM   #1  

Default Tips for low-cal meals?

I have 50 pounds to lose in the next 5-6 months. I am applying for an air force medical scholarship, so... it's very important. I have had a really hard time sticking to a plan since I gained weight. I was depressed and on medication that made me eat much more... and since the depression has been dealt with and the medication stopped, I've been fighting my urge to continue eating as I had.

I need ideas for meals that are healthy, simple to make, and cost effective. I am frequently on campus for 11 hours during weekdays, so I don't have a lot of time to cook. I also become very tired... and when I'm tired I tend to look for a blood sugar boost. I need that cycle to stop. I have researched and tried things on my own... but I really feel I need advice. Thanks and sorry for the lengthiness >.>
exalya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I have one meal...it's very low in calories and very high in protein..but they don't suggest you eat it more than 2-3 times a week. But i love Albacore Tuna with sugar free salad pickle cubes. A can of that and a couple spoons of pickles are like 150 calories for the whole can, 1 gram of fat and 30 grams of protein. Sometimes i like to scoop it up with a single serving of tortilla chips.

Also, for breafast a pretty simple, easy, low cal, high protein for breakfast is egg whites, fat free cheese and 1 0z of luncheon meat. I like to make it into omlets. I use half a cup of egg beaters, 1/4 cup of fat free cheese and usually one thin slice of turkey/chicken/ham luncheon meat. It's like 100 calories all together for the breakfast. You could also throw in a peice of fruit to make it healthier. I just eat my fruit a couple hours later for my snack.

I eat alot of chicken/tuna/egg whites/yogurt/bananas. Those are the things i buy just about every week.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote