Old 01-24-2009, 11:33 AM   #1  

Default Is anyone doing the abs diet for women?

Hello,
It has been a while since I have visited these boards but I am ready to get this weight off once and for all. I have been reading "The Abs Diet For Women" and started it today. I like that it allows me to eat 6 times a day and I am allowed more calories than most plans but when I figured out how many calories I can eat it seems way too high! I am starting at 209.5 and if I am doing the formula correctly I start out at over 2400 calories per day (and this is not factoring in extra calories for exercise). While it seems great and I understand why the author says not to lose too quickly or you will lose muscle as well as fat I just don't feel comfortable eating that much on a diet!

Also, I have gone over the food plan and am surprised that sugar is not banned. For example he mentions having low fat yogurt and ice cream as part of the plan but all the other diet plans that focus on the abs have always considered sugar taboo.
Any opinions or advice about this diet?
Thanks,
Judy
judyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

How tall are you? I'm all for high calories, but I don't think even I would start out intentionally higher than about 2000 calories at 200 pounds, including exercise. From there, you can adjust. No formula can really be expected to get it just right. But at 200 pounds, I don't think 2400 calories plus exercise calories sounds right.

For me, cutting out sugar was foundational. It just makes every thing else so much easier. I can have a real dessert about once a week (not some diet thingamajig fake food), in a smallish portion size (not two bites, not a big huge bowl either). And I can have a little agave syrup in my coffee in the morning, and a square of dark chocolate a few times a week. But more than that and I start wanting more sweets and more food in general. With this, my sweet tooth has gone WAY down. I have a hard time anymore with normally sweetened desserts. Even cereal or granola is more sweet than I can enjoy. And that "little bit" of agave syrup is less than 1/2 tsp in one cup of coffee. And that tastes sweetened.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #3  

Thanks Julie. I am only 5 foot 3 and am your classic apple shape. I really like the diet plan but am going to stay under 2000 calories for now and watch the sugar.
Judy
judyt is offline   Reply With Quote