Old 01-21-2009, 09:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/see tracker/180

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Default Ever eat at the Cheesecake Factory?

Some people at work are going to the Cheesecake Factory restaurant tomorrow for lunch and I was planning on going until I checked out the menu.

First, no prices = that set some bells off. Second, I did a search for their calorie counts and the only things I found were the weight management meals and the lowest was 490.

Has anybody ever eaten there, got any suggestions? Also, how much did it run?
jademarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:19 PM   #2  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

I've eaten there a few times, but usually it's as a treat meal! The prices are pretty reasonable in my opinon and the portions are huge!! The lunch size portions are more reasonable, if you choose one of those. Otherwise, you can almost be guaranteed to have some leftovers to take home with you.

I think the lunches run from around 10-12 dollars, more if you opt for a salmon dish, maybe, but still reasonable. They do have their healthier options, but they're still big. You could likely go for one of their salads with chicken, dressing on the side to be safe. Otherwise watch out for the side dishes. Sometimes they put something healthy like grilled salmon with the mashed potatoes which are, I'm sure loaded with butter and/or cream. But they're pretty good about substitutions so you could probably just get some steamed veggies instead.

The food is great and I love it there, just choose carefully and enjoy! Oh, and I almost never have the cheesecake....way too full for that, and not diet friendly.

elisa822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Height: 5'7"

The Pear and Endive Weight Management Salad is to die for! And the calories listed includes the dressing. The salad is around $10. The low carb cheesecake is really good for 420 calories as well. The Cheesecake Factory is one of my favorite restaurants!
PeatrixPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:02 PM   #4  
Math Tutor Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 330/309/150

Height: 5'9"

I went to one a few years ago. The portion sizes are ridiculous. You can feed three people off of one plate.
BelovedImzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 140/120/118

Height: 5'3

The chopped vegetable salad is delicious. i don't know the calorie count but it cannot be too bad and the dressing is some sort of balsalmic vinegarette.
azmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/see tracker/180

Height: 5 ft 7 in

I called and checked on the price of the pear/endive which is what I will get if I go, it is 12.95 and 500 calories.
jademarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:54 PM   #7  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I'm going there tomorrow for my birthday... and I'm not getting a salad.

DH and I will split the chicken marsala and then it's strawberry cheesecake time!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey happy birthday Juniebug!

I got some yummy salad the last time I was at Cheesecake factory. It was spicy and had chicken. I stole a little guacamole from my boyfriend's quesadilla plate. It was really good and I still felt good and on plan. It wasn't MY birthday so I skipped cheesecake
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote