Old 01-21-2009, 12:40 AM   #1  
Math Tutor Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 330/309/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Any double chin tips?

Does anyone have any tips for reducing the double chin a little faster? Are there exercises that work? Has anyone tried one of those electro gizmos that twist the face muscles?
BelovedImzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/ONEDERLAND!

Height: 5'9

I have a slight double chin . . .this seems like it may work.

Here is the reference link. http://ask.yahoo.com/20030807.html

I tried the first exercise . . . it definitely feels like exercise I just don't know how effective it is but it couldn't hurt to try!.

Quote:
One article recommended the following toning exercise. First, open your mouth as wide as you possibly can. Are you doing it? Now hold that position for about 10 seconds, then relax your mouth, and repeat a few more times. Apparently the muscles that open and close your mouth are located in the exact area you wish to target. For faster results, add resistance by placing a tennis ball underneath your chin while testing your jaw-span.

On the BBC web site, Doctor Rob Hicks provides a variation on this exercise. As you open your mouth wide, pull your bottom lip over your bottom teeth and wiggle your jaw up and down. In addition, he suggests using a skin toner and slapping the area under your chin with the back of your hand.
heather88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:40 AM   #3  
=D

You can't spot reduce fat

The only way to get rid of a double chin is to reduce all over body fat.

The same thing as ripping up your abs.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:13 PM   #4  

Spot reducing is a myth and has no facts to support it in any part of the body. Previous poster was right, lose weight.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:16 PM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

The ladies above are correct. However, you should tone the muscles. I look a the ceiling and stretch my jaw up, as if I were trying to put my bottom lip over my top. I do this daily and strongly believe it helps. I used to have the biggest DC in the world! I still have one, but it's gone down a lot.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Sorry to say, but since your current weight is over 300 pounds-there isn't anything a face muscle gizmo or anything like that is going to do for you.

My best advice is to get a photograph of you at your STARTING WEIGHT, and put it in a little album-and write your weight on it. You have already lost 19 pounds (congratulations!!!!!!) so it would be a wonderful idea to have someone take another photo of you when you hit the 20 or 25 pound marker-and then compare that photo to the first one. Keep getting a photo taken of yourself after every 15-20 pounds, so that you can compare the photos!

It's hard, especially when you have a lot of weight to lose, to see the changes in yourself when you look in the mirror each day-but when you see a photo of yourself at your heaviest, compared directly with one that shows you after a 40 pounds loss-you are DEFINITELY going to start to see the changes!

luvja HAS INDEED slimmed her face a lot in the past few months (she often has new pretty avatar pics to show her cute face) and she has went from 342 to 272 and is looking fantastic! As you lose weight-YOUR face and chin will slim down as well!

It will happen, just be patient!!!!
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote