3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Victories Of The Week Jan 19-25, 2009 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/162024-victories-week-jan-19-25-2009-a.html)

Mama Nicole 01-19-2009 12:34 PM

Victories Of The Week Jan 19-25, 2009

:)

BarbaraB 01-19-2009 12:36 PM

Another weekend (two in a row) of sticking to plan!

JLem311 01-19-2009 03:17 PM

i ate huge salad (the whole bag of romaine lettuce!) for lunch today (actually been craving them!) with salmon, tomatoes, a few spicy pickles, a few fat free croutons and a few tbsp of ceasar dressing.
i'm stuffed and it was sooooo good!

Dan2112 01-19-2009 06:40 PM

Hey all..

Attended a MLK Day breakfast and didn't finish my plate, which was full of grits and potatoes (along with eggs).. I had a couple of small bites and left the rest.

Then for lunch, the kiddos were harping for McDonalds.. Since we never go there anymore, I relented.. While the burgers and fries were calling, I ended up having a grilled chicken salad instead.

For dinner, I'm making a fat free (well, almost) penne alfredo with grilled chicken. I'm using evaporated skim milk instead of cream and all natural, low fat parmeasean.. It's also lower in sodium than the normal Kraft stuff. By using Smart Balance, I'm cutting the fat way down as well.

Mama Nicole 01-19-2009 09:15 PM

kick a$$, Dan :)

Dan2112 01-20-2009 10:04 AM

The pasta was really good.. I have to say the lower sodium cheese made it somewhat bland, so I'll own up to sprinkling a little Morton's Lite onto my bowl..

The best news is that my son LOVED it.. He's a VERY picky eater and not a big pasta eater (which is a good thing), but he wanted seconds, and was disappointed I had already put the leftovers in the fridge when he was ready for thirds...

jewljz 01-20-2009 04:09 PM

I did 2 exercise shows on Sunday, 1 1/2 shows on Monday and am pleasantly sore today :) Going to the fitness center to get on the elliptical after work also!

amylou7777 01-23-2009 12:54 AM

NSV-I actually felt pretty on my way to work today. My sweater and jeans are fitting better. DF even noticed...

Finally got 2miles in with Leslie!

Resisted evil office cookies once again!

Did y'all year about KimberlyR sitting in a dairy queen sipping water?! I am in awe....

Kristinx 01-23-2009 08:46 AM

Only 5 lbs down but I am starting to feel a difference in my clothes...and DB says my back is looking slimmer (of all the places!).

jewljz 01-23-2009 09:48 AM

what is a DB and a DF? I know what DH is...

Kristinx 01-23-2009 09:51 AM

Dear Boyfriend and Dear Fiance I believe

Mama Nicole 01-23-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amylou7777 (Post 2570028)
NSV-I actually felt pretty on my way to work today. My sweater and jeans are fitting better. DF even noticed...

Did y'all year about KimberlyR sitting in a dairy queen sipping water?! I am in awe....

Oh, Amylou.......feeling good about oneself is truly a great victory. I am so happy for you!............and the office cookies.....they ought to be illegal!
And, yeah, I heard about Kimberly.........WTG girl!!!!!!

Well, my victory for this week has been staying OP without any sclae rewards.........and with limited OP foods in my house, cuz I am still avoiding the dreaded grocery store. I think it is inevitable that I will have to go tonight..........but back to the victories of the week........I did not lose faith....and that makes me feel soo good :)

amylou7777 01-23-2009 10:22 AM

Never lose faith Nicole! And get yer butt to the store and get some OP food! It's not that bad....

WithFaith50 01-24-2009 09:01 PM

Hello everyone!

After a week of eating out of control, no exercise, and very little water I've managed to take one tiny step forward. I completed the WATP 4 mile Super Challenge. Oh, make that two steps as I am on my second glass of water, lol! Although it was hard to make myself begin exercising, the workout itself was enjoyable and I felt very good when I finished.

Okay...on to a third step...getting my eating under control...oh my...

Great job everyone! Enjoy the rest of the weekend...

Charlene

almsthere 01-24-2009 11:03 PM

Day 3 OP and finally after 2 months get to move my ticker! :)