3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   I'm new & looking for others who eat EVERY 3 HOURS (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/161434-im-new-looking-others-who-eat-every-3-hours.html)

delafax 01-13-2009 05:26 PM

I'm new & looking for others who eat EVERY 3 HOURS

I have done this in the past and it works for me. By eating every 3 hours I lost over 50 pounds in 2007. My mother became ill and died in 2008 so needless to say I gained weight.
I began eating every 3 hours again on Jan 1, 2009. As of today I have lost 8 pounds. I have been on "diets" during my life and that's what they were..diets.
I have searched the forums and haven't been able to find an area for people who eat every 3 hours. Is there a place? If not, I would like to meet others who are losing weight by increasing their metabolism by eating every 3 hours.
Thanks,
Marge

Snoopysgirl 01-13-2009 07:00 PM

I have lost weight in the past through a method similar to this.

Redneck Charger 01-16-2009 05:58 AM

This is the way I am trying to diet this time around.. I'm trying to eat smaller amouts every three hours. And eating foods which are good for me. Seems to be working, started 2 weeks ago this sunday. Haven't got a scale, but measured my stomach when I first started, it was 48" and then last sunday it was 46".. So something is working.. Having a bit of a hard time with life right now.. but trying.. ;)

Beautiful Ace 01-16-2009 06:09 AM

Wooh, back on the wagon and read to go. I haven't tried this specifically but my diet pretty much runs in cycles of three hours give or take, and i've lost 20-22 lbs thus far!!

Redneck Charger 01-16-2009 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautiful Ace (Post 2555094)
Wooh, back on the wagon and read to go. I haven't tried this specifically but my diet pretty much runs in cycles of three hours give or take, and i've lost 20-22 lbs thus far!!

Then.. there's hope.. Good Luck to ya...:hug:

beerab 01-16-2009 02:49 PM

I try my best to do the same thing- in my food journal I write the time I eat, what I eat, and the calories. Overall I get in something every 3-4 hours.

I have heard of the "three hour diet" before though- before I used to go 6+ huors without eating- BAD BAD BAD!

Beautiful Ace 01-16-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redneck Charger (Post 2555100)
Then.. there's hope.. Good Luck to ya...:hug:

You too! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

migotokokoro 01-17-2009 12:55 AM

Well this is day four of eating every three hours. I've been doing alright and avoiding my food cravings for the most part. I at least haven't gone on any crazy binges. I have snacked, but I still managed to avoid eating a large portion and I avoided CHOCOLATE!!! ^_^ This is day two of no sweets at all. No chocolate, candy, ice cream. Nothing at all. It's exciting that I've done this. I'm going to start weighing in every Saturday morning from now on. So the morning of day five... I doubt I've lost anything... :P It seems like I've hit a 200lbs platue ever since I got this large. If I can get past that 200lbs mark I'm sure the lbs will start coming off easier.

Anyways, GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Redneck Charger 01-17-2009 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by migotokokoro (Post 2557023)
Well this is day four of eating every three hours. I've been doing alright and avoiding my food cravings for the most part. I at least haven't gone on any crazy binges. I have snacked, but I still managed to avoid eating a large portion and I avoided CHOCOLATE!!! ^_^ This is day two of no sweets at all. No chocolate, candy, ice cream. Nothing at all. It's exciting that I've done this. I'm going to start weighing in every Saturday morning from now on. So the morning of day five... I doubt I've lost anything... :P It seems like I've hit a 200lbs platue ever since I got this large. If I can get past that 200lbs mark I'm sure the lbs will start coming off easier.

Anyways, GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Well you are nearly there.. keep up the good work.. good luck!:carrot:

delafax 01-17-2009 12:16 PM

Hello All,
As of today I have lost 10.6 pounds since Jan 1, 09. I am doing great at eating every 3 hours and I feel like I am eating too much everyday but the weight is coming off.
I have not restricted any foods. If I want it I eat it. I discovered long ago that if you restrict a food then you end up craving it and in the long run you end up eating it and ususally way too much of it and then there goes all of your hard work. ( Wow - that was a run on sentence lol)
Sometimes I also drink a cup of hot tea 15-20 minutes before a meal. It helps to make me feel full.

Redneck Charger - How often do you weigh yourself?

Beautiful Ace - So how many meals do you have a day? I end up having 5.

Beerab - I can't wait to get my ticker.. I like yours.

Migotokokoro - I found out about a chocolate bar that is suppose to be ok to eat and from what I hear it tastes good too. As soon as I find it I'll let you know. I think Trader Joe's carries it.

migotokokoro 01-17-2009 04:25 PM

Well... My body keeps fluctuating... I am like 206-207lbs... It's been doing this for weeks it feel like... I may just go get a cup of coffee or something then have breakfast.

I've heard that dark chocolate is better for you than regular chocolate because they put less sugar in it. :P I like dark chocolate, and I have to eat it slower. I can't chew it because it's bitter, but sucking on dark chocolate is really good.

delafax 01-17-2009 09:36 PM

Yes, try drinking some hot tea before your meals. I eat less after drinking it.

Well I went to Trader Joe's today and they did not have the chocolate bar I was looking for. I also stopped at a local co-op that has organic foods etc and it was there. It's a dark organic chocolate. It's too late tonight for me to try it so I will probably have some tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think of it then I'll tell you the name of it.

heather88 01-17-2009 09:40 PM

Yes, I eat every 2-3 hours:
1. To keep myself full, and not craving naughty things
2. To make sure I reach my calories for the day
3. To keep my metabolism constantly working.

I've lost 10lbs since dec.26, and its the first "diet" I've ever been able to keep up with.

delafax 01-17-2009 10:23 PM

Heather88 - Ten pounds is great!! Do you find that eating every three hours helps to stop binge eating episodes?

heather88 01-17-2009 10:31 PM

Well, if I forget to snack on healthy things in between meals I have cravings for some really bad stuff, and it is hard to overcome if at all. So, I think that eating every 2-3 hours is important to keep from binge eating and eating bad foods.